KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Spider-Man (PS4)

Spider-Man (PS4)
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Just beat it. No spoilers, but jesus what an ending. They went all out like Rockstar on Arkham City. Absolutely phenomenal game, and amazing story. Time to go for the plat.

PWNT

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 12:23 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

I just got the platinum for this game. I haven't had this much fun in aomw time with a video game. Way to go Insomniac.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2018 04:29 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Phuck the task master challenges, I did platinum the game but getting the high score on those task master challenges was a bittch

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Sep 28th, 2018 06:25 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I started NG+ on ultimate difficulty today and it's embarrassingly easy, even without all of the upgrades. Basic combat is just as easy and not much of a challenge. Now I'll just have to wait and see how hard to damn Silver Sable checkpoints are. I remember those being a little bit of a pain in my ass.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Oct 20th, 2018 11:19 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Hope that Black Cat DLC is good and has a decent length to it.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 01:37 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

This passed up Arkham City to become the highest grossing superhero game ever. Pretty crazy considering the fact that it's a PS4 exclusive and how short a time it's been since release.

https://www.dualshockers.com/marvel...superhero-game/

PWNT

Old Post Jul 18th, 2019 09:44 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

It's not that crazy when you consider how much of a homo Penis Parker is.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2019 11:19 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Holy sh*t, fkn fight me you knob slobber

PWNT

Old Post Jul 19th, 2019 12:11 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
The rumored Spiderman title surprisingly ended up being real. I love me some Spidey, so I'm hyped. I just hope its not like the previous Amazing Spiderman games. They screwed those up. Also, not liking the new suit.

PS1 Spidey was good.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2019 12:49 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Just got to play this today. I'm only a couple of hours in, but mixed reactions so far:

Originally posted by -Pr-
Looks gorgeous. Sounds gorgeous. Web-swinging is great. Combat is a bad, bad imitation of the Arkham games.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 28th, 2019 04:03 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, I also had mixed reactions. I didn't think it was that great. I think it got a little boost from being an PS4 exclusive.

Combat is not that fun.....most activities are copied and pasted and it's not original at all. However, did nail web slinging though...I give them credit for that

Old Post Jul 28th, 2019 06:37 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I think the combat is pretty good. But yes, definitely just an arkham knockoff.

And dead on about the sidequests, most aren't really worth doing.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2019 08:49 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Meh, same combat system from Spider-man 2, which Arkham ripped off.

IMO it has a lot of room improvement, but its good.

PWNT

Old Post Jul 28th, 2019 09:09 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by BackFire
I think the combat is pretty good. But yes, definitely just an arkham knockoff.

And dead on about the sidequests, most aren't really worth doing.

And they are the same...just with different enemies.

I see a checklist with unknown icons and I'm like..."ohhhhh, what can those be" and it's just the same....really disappointing.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2019 10:31 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Completely agree. The game was mediocre at best. I'm not the biggest fan of the Arkham games, but Spider-Man felt like an inferior version of them. Ultimately, it failed to keep my attention and I quit after like 6 hours and I have absolutely no intention of ever picking it up again.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2019 11:08 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

So like getting Pokemon Red over Pokemon Blue.

Don't those gimmicks look totally worth it for people that bought into the "GOTTA CATCH EM ALLLL", now that their entire misspent youth is getting kicked to the curb.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2019 11:09 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

WTF are you talking about? How does that in anyway relate?

Old Post Jul 28th, 2019 11:20 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Cdtm does that, Goes on rants about things that don't relate at all.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2019 06:32 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

It relates perfectly. Doing samey side quests with different villains is exactly the same thing as playing different versions of Pokémon with samey gameplay and just some different Pokémon.

Pokémon you paid extra for those Pokémon, that you can no longer bring into the current generation, because Nintendo decided they hate their long term fans and don't want anyone to catch them all.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2019 01:53 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Smasandian
Yeah, I also had mixed reactions. I didn't think it was that great. I think it got a little boost from being an PS4 exclusive.

Combat is not that fun.....most activities are copied and pasted and it's not original at all. However, did nail web slinging though...I give them credit for that

Once I figured out how to cheese the combat I didn't mind it so much. I mean, 90% of the bad guys can be beaten with triangle, then circle, then hold square and air combo them. Even brutes are a piece of piss once you get the wrecking ball ability. It's still not great, but knowing how to get around it resolves a lot of headaches. At least for me. And I do like the bullet-dodging mechanic at times.

And yeah, agreed too, side-quests are largely meh.

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Meh, same combat system from Spider-man 2, which Arkham ripped off.

IMO it has a lot of room improvement, but its good.

Spider-Man 2 or Amazing Spider-Man 2? I mean, I see the argument, but even if you want to make it, Arkham still refined and damn-near perfected the system in a way no game has really matched since. Combat flows far more smoothly in Arkham, which it really shouldn't given how Spider-Man fights when compared to Batman.

And sure, you can say they've had three games to do it, but even in Asylum it was as smooth as anything.

==

I do feel like in a lot of ways, the game has good things going for it. It scratches that "be Spidey" itch to a fair extent. I particularly like the stealth "predator" sections. The web-swinging is great. The graphics and sound are pretty solid. Even the framerates are all right.

The combat though... Yeah. And the characters are butt-ugly in certain instances too, but that's more a personal aesthetic thing.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 29th, 2019 02:11 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote