KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » X-Men Members Ages

X-Men Members Ages
Started by: The Fist Lance

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Most if not all of the memory wiping... normally, Weapon X implants are blamed for that, but Way/Carey had this stupid idea of making Xavier responsible...

It was the first "Original Sin" story. Years later, Marvel did an actual event called the same, which for example revealed how Stark sabotaged the gamma bomb and shit like that... smh.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 08:21 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Most if not all of the memory wiping... normally, Weapon X implants are blamed for that, but Way/Carey had this stupid idea of making Xavier responsible...

It was the first "Original Sin" story. Years later, Marvel did an actual event called the same, which for example revealed how Stark sabotaged the gamma bomb and shit like that... smh.

So wait, Weapon X did nothing? What about Silver Fox etc?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Last edited by -Pr- on Sep 30th, 2017 at 08:48 PM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 08:43 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

They didn't elaborate on that. In Xavier's defense, Wolverine was tasked with killing him, so mindraping Logan and remodeling him as a superhero wasn't that bad...

Honestly, all those retcons and "shocking reveals" are giving everyone a headache. Hell, according to Loeb's last story arc, it was actually Wolverine's plan to get Weapon X'd laughing out loud

https://universaldork.files.wordpre...312-page-20.jpg

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 10:12 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

They didn't elaborate on that. In Xavier's defense, Wolverine was tasked with killing him, so mindraping Logan and remodeling him as a superhero wasn't that bad...

Honestly, all those retcons and "shocking reveals" are giving everyone a headache. Hell, according to Loeb's last story arc, it was actually Wolverine's plan to get Weapon X'd laughing out loud

https://universaldork.files.wordpre...312-page-20.jpg

So if I wanted to read Logan's actual origin, is there no single story anymore?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 11:15 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Exactly. It's one big convoluted mess.

Logan's past should've stayed a mystery.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 11:45 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Exactly. It's one big convoluted mess.

Logan's past should've stayed a mystery.

Damn. That sucks.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 11:53 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

He's not the only one.

What a great story Odin has. Usurper, rapist, Mjolnir disobeys him, etc.

Tony Stark... adopted, created the Hulk, invented Octavius' arms, etc.

What I'm saying is... writers should stop trying to mess with the past. The results are often catastrophic.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 12:12 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

He's not the only one.

What a great story Odin has. Usurper, rapist, Mjolnir disobeys him, etc.

Tony Stark... adopted, created the Hulk, invented Octavius' arms, etc.

What I'm saying is... writers should stop trying to mess with the past. The results are often catastrophic.

Yeah. Ever read that awful "children of the atom" origin for the xmen a while back, where they were all in the same school? crock of shit.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 02:00 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

This one? Nope.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Men...e_Atom_(comics)

quote:
Professor X is pretending to be a school coordinator, in order to help the young mutants.

Omg... laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 09:27 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It's REALLY ****ing bad. When I was trying to nail down Cyclops's proper origin, I ended up just disregarding it completely.

It doesn't even follow the timelines properly.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 04:54 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

It wasn't referenced again?

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 06:19 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It wasn't referenced again?

Not that I know of.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 09:24 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

This is the updated list I have so far:

If Cyclops is 20:

Angel: 20
Beast: 20
Colossus: 16 (Recruited at 16)
Gambit: 16
Iceman: 18 (Recruited at 14)
Nightcrawler: 20 (Recruited at 20)
Rogue: 13-15 (Recruited at 17-18)
Shadowcat: 12-13 (Recruited at 13 1/2)

These are all general estimates based on comics, so you can go a year either way to make it fit.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 02:15 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Gambit? Rogue? Seriously?

Hey, I trust you, but it sounds just weird.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 07:09 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Gambit? Rogue? Seriously?

Hey, I trust you, but it sounds just weird.

Oh, it's all over the ****ing place. You weren't wrong when you talked about how awful it was. It doesn't help that Rogue is inconsistent as hell age-wise.

When Rogue joins, she says in an issue soon after that she's 18. In the very next issue, Colossus says he's "nearly twenty", so there's a 1-2 year gap between them. Colossus being 19 brings Shadowcat up to 15 or at least close to it, and she's already had her 14th birthday in space iirc.

By this time we're coming up on Inferno, and by my best guess that puts Scott and the like in their early 20s (say 22-23). Best I can tell, Gambit is 18 when the Mutant Massacre happens as it's not long after this that Inferno happens. In that nebulous gap between that and X-Men #1, I don't see more than 2-3 years of "in universe" time happening.

I'm just going off what I can glean from the comics and best guesses, so it's always open to editing and changes.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 07:32 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Not sure if that helps, but Gambit was a kid/young teenager at max during the Weapon X project (happening around 70s)...

Damn, Remy should be ~55 now then laughing out loud Might explain why he damaged his ankles when he jumped off the building with X-23.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 09:53 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Not sure if that helps, but Gambit was a kid/young teenager at max during the Weapon X project (happening around 70s)...

Damn, Remy should be ~55 now then laughing out loud Might explain why he damaged his ankles when he jumped off the building with X-23.

Sweet ****. It just goes to show how badly they are at keeping shit in line.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 10:09 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Yeah...

Gambit was hired by Mister Sinister to infiltrate the Weapon X lab and recover his old diary.

He succeeded, but after witnessing the atrocities there, Remy decided to blow the book up, as he felt it was all connected.

http://orig05.deviantart.net/3804/f...y_coltnoble.jpg

I'm certain Marvel put Gambit in that mini because "XMO: Wolverine" was coming to theaters next month or so.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 09:51 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah...

Gambit was hired by Mister Sinister to infiltrate the Weapon X lab and recover his old diary.

He succeeded, but after witnessing the atrocities there, Remy decided to blow the book up, as he felt it was all connected.

http://orig05.deviantart.net/3804/f...y_coltnoble.jpg

I'm certain Marvel put Gambit in that mini because "XMO: Wolverine" was coming to theaters next month or so.

Makes sense.

Stupid Marvel.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 02:39 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Sad thing is, that little backstory was probably the best thing about Weapon X: First Class mini-series.

And yeah, all FC minis are canon. Sigh.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 07:48 PM