KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Resident Evil: Vendetta (2017)

Resident Evil: Vendetta (2017)
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Looks good, yes...

Old Post Dec 28th, 2016 12:14 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

Looks good I wonder if Jake Muller will show up and beat the shit out of the mansion laughing out loud

My Reality Is Your Imagination.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2016 10:36 PM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Apr 30th, 2017 02:45 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

No reload on that pistol.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2017 03:10 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Placidity
No reload on that pistol.

Yeah, cheatcodes. Ruins the scene a bit.

Old Post May 3rd, 2017 01:36 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Anyone knows the release date?

Old Post May 9th, 2017 09:57 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I read mid-June a while back. Dunno if that's changed.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 9th, 2017 11:03 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

I'm here for a RE & V for Vendetta crossover.

Old Post May 9th, 2017 11:12 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

The movie will be available in North America across digital retailers on June 20th and on Blu-ray and DVD July 18th.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post May 10th, 2017 12:21 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

thumb up

Thanks.

Old Post May 10th, 2017 12:21 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Found out my nearest cinema will be showing it, I'll prob just wait for the dvd release.

Old Post May 10th, 2017 01:16 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post May 11th, 2017 08:46 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

So after getting a bundle of all three of the CG films on PSN for just 20 bucks due to a discount, I finally got to watching Vendetta later and... it was alright. Don't remember enough about the 1st CG film which I need to watch again sometime but after already rewatching the 2nd one afterward (Damnation), I think I still like it the best out of the three, while Vendetta may have suffered the 3rd movie curse out of this trilogy. I mean it's still solid; Rebecca's return was good, and Leon and Chris were both cool and worked well together doing what they do best, but I felt the villain and his backstory was kinda rushed, and didn't really feel anything with the deaths of the other characters the way I did with like the previous film.

Still, a welcome addition to the CG series, which thankfully got the bitter taste of RE The Final Chapter out of my mouth. Now I only still hope the reboot live action does better too, depending on whose involved.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2017 08:48 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
So after getting a bundle of all three of the CG films on PSN for just 20 bucks due to a discount, I finally got to watching Vendetta later and... it was alright. Don't remember enough about the 1st CG film which I need to watch again sometime but after already rewatching the 2nd one afterward (Damnation), I think I still like it the best out of the three, while Vendetta may have suffered the 3rd movie curse out of this trilogy. I mean it's still solid; Rebecca's return was good, and Leon and Chris were both cool and worked well together doing what they do best, but I felt the villain and his backstory was kinda rushed, and didn't really feel anything with the deaths of the other characters the way I did with like the previous film.

Still, a welcome addition to the CG series, which thankfully got the bitter taste of RE The Final Chapter out of my mouth. Now I only still hope the reboot live action does better too, depending on whose involved.

There's a confirmed reboot of the live action? The Jovovich series just tanked hard. I could accept the break from canon and the attempt to be just a cheesy action flick to enjoy shamelessly, but the lack of continuity in the final film just pissed me off.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2017 05:55 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah, there was a reboot announced, but we don't know whose gonna pick it up yet, so hasn't taken off. Yeah, even as one who enjoyed some of the previous ones on a fun guilty pleasure level like Retribution, Final Chapter shat on all of them and acted as though they never happened, even more so than the other retcons/continuity errors within said series.

Even if the reboot is just more crap, at least there'll be another CG film since Vendetta ended on a cliffhanger with one of its characters.

Oh, and despite Final Chapter's reception which did tank, it unfortunately became the highest selling in the live action movie franchise. Had a budget of 40 million, but made over 312 million. sad Not too surprising when we live in a world where bad films can often make big money, but still.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Jun 27th, 2017 at 06:15 PM

Old Post Jun 27th, 2017 06:06 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I saw this release day. Poor story, but good (but though a bit outlandish) action. It's like they tried to imitate the live action and make it primarily about the set pieces and gun play instead of story and atmosphere.

PWNT

Old Post Jun 28th, 2017 05:50 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah, like I said, the villain's story/backstory just felt rushed, making it prolly the worst of the three CG films for that and your reasons mentioned, but hoping the eventual next one steps it up.

Also, lol @ Leon being a drunk like Chris at the beginning of RE6.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2017 08:18 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The movie doesn't come out until next month for me, Is it worth buying it if i manage to find at a cheap price?

Old Post Jun 29th, 2017 01:04 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Kazenji
The movie doesn't come out until next month for me, Is it worth buying it if i manage to find at a cheap price?

If you're an action junkie looking for a thrill, Vendetta's your go-to but if you plan on watching for the sake of plot, I wouldn't be that invested. Story is rushed which is what you wouldn't expect from a Resident Evil CG film. Villain's origins rushed where you're not as sympathetic with him as you want to be for example.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2017 06:42 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mehedi067
Restricted

Account Restricted

I am waiting to see this movie

Old Post Jun 29th, 2017 11:42 AM
mehedi067 is currently offline Click here to Send mehedi067 a Private Message Find more posts by mehedi067 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote