KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Is the Grand Inquisitor really dead?

Is the Grand Inquisitor really dead?
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Is the Grand Inquisitor really dead?

I've been thinking it over, and I think Kanan's trial against the Grand Inquisitor as a Temple Guard is a revelation that he somehow survived, and is going to join them on the light side.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 19th, 2016 07:22 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

That would be neat, but I don't see it happening.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2016 07:49 PM
Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Either that, or that was the actual Grand Inquisitor as a force ghost/vision, and that was his way of redeeming himself.

Which would be stupid, they killed him off too easily.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2016 07:55 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Nope. He's dead. Filoni or some other executive or whatever confirmed they're not pulling any cliché survival thing with him.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2016 09:24 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's a first

Old Post Jun 27th, 2016 04:09 PM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

He died too early, entirely too early.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 11:13 AM
REXXXX
Networking

I actually prefer that they killed him. Villains tend to have diminishing returns in these shows. It showed great triumph on Kanan's part, defeating the Inquisitor, and would've been silly to have the strongest Inquisitor continue to ineffectually chase them around.

Great character, though. I enjoyed him as a villain.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2016 09:23 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

cdtm is online now!

He was a great villain.

Kind of strange to send your Grand Inquisitor before the lesser Inquisitor's, though. Or even sending them all together.. If this rebellion is important enough to send your top thug, and even get Vader personally involved, they're important enough to crush with overwhelming force..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2016 01:25 AM
Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

It was rather strange that they did go with the GI rather than the subordinates first...but I found him a much better character.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2016 01:27 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

He looked like he was a capable swordsman too but getting beaten by season 1 Kanan? no. He impresses me much more than the other Inquisitors that's for sure.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2016 01:31 AM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
He looked like he was a capable swordsman too but getting beaten by season 1 Kanan? no. He impresses me much more than the other Inquisitors that's for sure.
Kanan was using Jar'Kai, which is apparently better then single sabers or double sabers in canon based on what we've seen over the years.

Anakin, Fisto, Ahsoka, Sidious, Maul, and then Kanan.

Im beginning to see a pattern.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2016 05:25 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Dead.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2016 08:20 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Luminous
kusemono

I hope it's safe to assume he was not a bona fide Force Ghost.

The previous cartoon by the same showrunner devoted a significant amount of time to the Force Ghost thing, enough to create the impression that they weren't intending to go back to the "everyone gets to be a Force Ghost" paradigm of the early EU.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 07:26 PM
Click here to Send Darth Luminous a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Luminous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote