KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Edge of tomorrow 2

Edge of tomorrow 2
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules_2

Edge of tomorrow 2

quote:
McQuarrie told Collider that Cruise had an idea for a sequel, and that the concept is "locked and loaded". In April 2016 Doug Liman had signed on to direct the sequel, while screenwriters of Race, Joe Shrapnel and Anna Waterhouse will write the script for the film.[

From wikipedia

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 04:55 PM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I heard this a while back but I won't get excited for a sequel until they begin filming. My heart can't take another Tron 3 cancellation.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 06:38 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

never saw the first one, but its free on cable so will prolly catch it then... as for a sequel, meh unless the lead actress is nude

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 08:50 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

First one flopped. Sad, too, because it was one of the best films of that year. It doesn't need a sequel, either.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 08:54 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
never saw the first one, but its free on cable so will prolly catch it then... as for a sequel, meh unless the lead actress is nude
Great film. One of the best Sci Fi film in years. The alien organism was awesome and very creative. Very formidable as well.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 09:08 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Was a good film

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 09:54 PM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by steverules_2
Was a good film
Great film.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 10:16 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Enjoyed the first film very much. Would watch another.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 10:33 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Didn't catch the first movie when it was having its cinema run, Ending up checking it out on Blu-ray and liked it.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 12:35 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by quanchi112
Great film. One of the best Sci Fi film in years. The alien organism was awesome and very creative. Very formidable as well.

I will give it a looksee

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 02:08 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Kazenji
Didn't catch the first movie when it was having its cinema run, Ending up checking it out on Blu-ray and liked it.
You unbelievable bastard. This movie tanked because of assholes like you.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 03:20 AM
Flyattractor

Yeah. This movie got Dredd-ed. Because of STUPID EMO INTERWEB DWEEBS!

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 06:04 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Flyattractor
STUPID EMO INTERWEB DWEEBS!

(please log in to view the image)

But really, this was a terrific movie, and i'd likely watch a sequel just to see if it measured up.
The absolute worse that can happen is a Highlander 2/Mortal Kombat 2 experience, and with enough alcohol i got over those.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 10:58 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

It was bizarre with the Mortal Kombat 2 movie, They had bigger budget to play around with and yet it turned out shit.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 12:40 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Yeah, i was really disappointed. Its like they went out if their way to make a bad movie.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 12:54 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I don't see how they can make a seq to this.. The movie kind of wrapped it self up rather nicely.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 06:50 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Really enjoyed the first, just don't see where they'll go with a sequel if they intend on re-doing the 'time restart' angle again, which would make sense that they'd want to as that's what made the film stand out. Was a scifi Ground Hog Day.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 08:42 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Loved the first movie. One of the few I watched more than once when I convinced my friends to watch it (they didn't even know about it til I told em). Marketing dropped the ball on this movie.

Movie did wrap up quite nicely so not sure how they're planning on making a new movie.

My guess would be that maybe the alien laid an egg or something and Cruise's character might well need to hunt it down. The reset ability might well still be in his blood and comes back to him as soon as the egg hatches.

Or maybe a second meteor landing on earth, bringing in a new invasion force and another character getting the reset ability and Cruise having to mentor that guy like he himself got mentored,

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 09:45 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I don't see how they can make a seq to this.. The movie kind of wrapped it self up rather nicely.

A lot of movies do that but they always find a way

T2 and T3 is a good example, T2 they stop judgement day so it can never happen. T3, Judgement day it turns out can't be stopped and is gonna happen no matter what you do.

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 10:34 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Yeah I wish they would ask the question: does this need a sequel? Instead of their time-honored question of "how much coke will the box office buy us?"

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 11:17 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote