KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » War for the Planet of the Apes (2017)

War for the Planet of the Apes (2017)
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Are the filmmakers not planning to continue this into the domination by the apes?

They afraid to touch actual remakes? I was hoping they would continue...

Old Post Jun 28th, 2017 12:32 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mehedi067
Restricted

Account Restricted

This has been a very engaging reboot, and i'm looking forward to the next installment.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2017 11:54 AM
mehedi067 is currently offline Click here to Send mehedi067 a Private Message Find more posts by mehedi067 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

This is still getting pretty epic reviews. I am already making plans to see it on a big screen.

This is one of the few negative quotes on RT, though, and I found it amusing...

quote:
"More glum and formulaic than deep...If I want to watch a celebration of America in decline, I just turn on Fox News."

July 3, 2017
Roger Moore
Movie Nation

laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 5th, 2017 01:39 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jackjohn
Restricted

Account Restricted

Last two movies of the series are awesome. I am very excited for this one. What will happen in this is suspense for me.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2017 10:51 AM
jackjohn is currently offline Click here to Send jackjohn a Private Message Find more posts by jackjohn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Got tickets for Saturday. thumb up

Best screen in town. Same one I saw Kong Skull Island on and it was amazing.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2017 01:40 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Read in the Empire Magazine, The apes that Woody Harrelson's character has working for him are Koba loyalist's. They tried to make a deal with his group and obviously went pear shaped.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2017 02:12 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Read in the Empire Magazine, The apes that Woody Harrelson's character has working for him are Koba loyalist's. They tried to make a deal with his group and obviously went pear shaped.

Well that doesn't make sense. If they hated humans so much why did they start working for them?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2017 12:10 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

So they could survive.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2017 12:19 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Well that's interesting. I look forward to seeing how the story plays out.

Rewatched 1 and 2 and they are surprisingly amazing movies. I need to pop in Planet of the Apes (1968) again, cause it's been so long.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2017 12:34 PM
S_W_LeGenD

I don't get the hype of this franchise. Apes are essentially super-humans and conquering the world - this is B-movie storytelling.

Franchise would have been much better if an apocalypse devastated human civilizations and 'smart' apes waited for the worse to be over before making their move with human survivors being scattered and poorly armed. And they should not be talking humans.

But...

Don't care anyway.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Jul 12th, 2017 at 03:34 PM

Old Post Jul 12th, 2017 03:20 PM
S_W_LeGenD is currently offline Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Franchise would have been much better if an apocalypse devastated human civilizations and 'smart' apes waited for the worse to be over before making their move with human survivors being scattered and poorly armed.

Cool premise, and probably a more realistic cause of such a "planet of apes," but I don't think it would make quite as compelling of a story on the big screen. Not sure if a story like that would be able to stretch out into a franchise or even a compelling full-length film.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2017 03:40 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

The market is also over-saturated with apocaliptic survival flicks. This franchise is good as it is.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jul 12th, 2017 03:55 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Cool premise, and probably a more realistic cause of such a "planet of apes," but I don't think it would make quite as compelling of a story on the big screen. Not sure if a story like that would be able to stretch out into a franchise or even a compelling full-length film.

Thanks.

That is because people are into big battle sequences and CGI on the big screen these days. Quality storytelling be damned.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2017 04:04 PM
S_W_LeGenD is currently offline Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I vow to never see this racist movie.

Black Lives Matter activist cries racism over ‘Planet of the Apes,’ and it immediately backfires

A blue vest? No thanks, slavery was ended for a reason mad

Old Post Jul 12th, 2017 04:09 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ That's pretty funny! Haha... yeah, it's just an homage.

That is because people are into big battle sequences and CGI on the big screen these days. Quality storytelling be damned.

These do have quality storytelling, though. They're great. Especially Dawn. It's fucking phenomenal.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2017 04:18 PM
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
These do have quality storytelling, though. They're great. Especially Dawn. It's fucking phenomenal. [/B]

These are nicely done but still B-movie stuff to me.

What I mentioned can be compelling storytelling with big budget and right director. But not my call.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2017 04:38 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I don't think you understand what a B-movie is.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2017 05:31 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

That is because people are into big battle sequences and CGI on the big screen these days.
Favorite Movies:

- Terminator 2: Judgement Day
- The Maze Runner
- The Mist
- Independence Day
- The Message
- Pacific Rim
- Godzilla (2014)
- Oblivion
- Jurassic World
- San Andreas

Old Post Jul 12th, 2017 08:02 PM
vansonbee
Isee

Originally posted by Surtur
I vow to never see this racist movie.

Black Lives Matter activist cries racism over ‘Planet of the Apes,’ and it immediately backfires

A blue vest? No thanks, slavery was ended for a reason mad

Colleges and black leadership in America have been teaching and reinforcing a history and a narrative which is complete trash and should be rejected by society. White privilege is just another way to use racism to blame anyone. but the individual, for life choice that lead to failure. The racist promoters of it should be spurned.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2017 08:06 PM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Reported for off topic posting. thumb up

Old Post Jul 12th, 2017 08:27 PM