KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » War for the Planet of the Apes (2017)

War for the Planet of the Apes (2017)
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Reported for off topic posting. thumb up

thumb up

Old Post Jul 13th, 2017 02:58 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Watched Planet of the Apes (1968) again for the first time and many, many years and really enjoyed it! Amazing locations! I read it was filmed in Arizona near the Grand Canyon... fucking unbelievable scenery. Loved it. I might actually try to watch some of the sequels... are they worth it? (I see they're not rated quite as high, though...)

Anyway, I'm curious to see if War... will answer the question of why the humans came to not be able to speak.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2017 01:08 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Good little review...

Old Post Jul 13th, 2017 05:18 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Watched Planet of the Apes (1968) again for the first time and many, many years and really enjoyed it! Amazing locations! I read it was filmed in Arizona near the Grand Canyon... fucking unbelievable scenery. Loved it. I might actually try to watch some of the sequels... are they worth it? (I see they're not rated quite as high, though...)

I've watched the sequels, Felt they got worst as they went on.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2017 06:51 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
claraalbert

Originally posted by Kazenji
I've watched the old movies, The first two were good and then the quality drops big time.

Yeah right, First Two movie is good to see but after that quality of that movie is going down

Old Post Jul 14th, 2017 07:51 AM
claraalbert is currently offline Click here to Send claraalbert a Private Message Find more posts by claraalbert Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Why the **** did you edit my post?

Old Post Jul 14th, 2017 08:13 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Matt Reeves reveals what happened to Malcom and the rest of the humans from Dawn

http://www.cinemablend.com/news/168...-apes-character

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 14th, 2017 09:20 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
I don't think you understand what a B-movie is.

I don't think you understand what a B-movie metaphor is.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2017 11:00 AM
S_W_LeGenD is currently offline Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

@Patient_Leech

I like those movies because I find each interesting in its own way - CGI and big-battle sequences aren't the only reasons. However, I do feel the need to update my list according to my current tastes.

I have very high opinion of following movies:

01. Jaws (1975)
02. The Shawshank Redemption
03. Schindler's List
04. The Pianist
05. Passengers
06. The Bridge on the River Kwai (1957)
07. Ben-Hur (1959)
08. Gladiator
09. Titanic
10. Saving Private Ryan
11. Raiders of the Lost Ark
12. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
13. Jurassic Park
14. The Exorcist
15. Rain Man
16. The Green Mile
17. The Patriot
18. The Shining
19. Downfall
20. Apollo 13
21. The Great Escape
22. Valkyrie
23. Open Waters
24. The Empire Strikes Back
25. Train to Busan
26. The Poseidon Adventure
27. Home Alone 3
28. The Incredibles
29. The Lion King
30. Enchanted
31. How to Train Your Dragon
32. Back to the Future
33. Aladdin
34. The Martian
35. Airforce One
36. Battle for Terra
37. Captain America - The Winter Soldier
39. Captain America - Civil War
40. Cellular
41. Chernobyl Diaries (2012)
42. City of Ember
43. Dante's Peak
44. Disturbing Behavior
45. Escape Plan
46. Evan Almighty
47. Fury
48. Guardians of the Galaxy
49. Interstellar
50. John Q

There are more but its a mix.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2017 11:44 AM
S_W_LeGenD is currently offline Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by carthage
Matt Reeves reveals what happened to Malcom and the rest of the humans from Dawn

http://www.cinemablend.com/news/168...-apes-character

That's cool. I wonder why they cut it from the movie. Seems quite relevant.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2017 02:00 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
^ That's pretty funny! Haha... yeah, it's just an homage.

I almost feel bad for the guy, even Whoopi Goldberg called him out. When the woman who has compared Trump to the Taliban is calling you out you know you messed up.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2017 06:09 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

breathtaking movie

What an emotional journey and an excellent end for Caesar's trilogy

10/10

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 15th, 2017 05:07 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Plus he'll be forever honored by sharing a name with a pizza place.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2017 02:23 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I was going to go watch it this weekend, but the weather is cold as shit and I don't want to leave the house. Will probably catch it during the week though.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2017 02:28 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Seeing this tonight. Highly looking forward to it.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2017 05:28 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I was going to go watch it this weekend, but the weather is cold as shit and I don't want to leave the house. Will probably catch it during the week though.

Where do you live that it's so cold?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2017 07:45 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Surtur
Where do you live that it's so cold?

Somewhere where it's currently the middle of Winter. It's raining heavily outside as I type this.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2017 08:26 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Somewhere where it's currently the middle of Winter. It's raining heavily outside as I type this.

Hmmm. Perhaps were any of the LOTR movies shot near you?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2017 09:18 PM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

F[/I]uck, it was 103°F earlier where I live. Global warming's a [b]bitch.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2017 10:38 PM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

That's awesome, I can't edit my post to fix my fu#k up. Thanks KMC.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2017 10:41 PM