KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Dreadnought vs Star Destroyer

Dreadnought vs Star Destroyer
Started by: Time-Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dreadnought vs Star Destroyer

Dreadnought

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Dreadnought_class

vs

Imperial Class Star Destroyer

Full Crew for Both.

No Tie Fighters.

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Jun 29th, 2016 08:26 PM
Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

USS Vengeance skull ****s this inferior Wars ship.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2016 08:31 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
USS Vengeance skull ****s this inferior Wars ship.

Okay we get it. Dreadnought wins IMO btw.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Jun 29th, 2016 08:40 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Shame we did not get to see what the massive torpedo launchers could do.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2016 08:52 PM
Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Abrams Trek aka the Kelvin timeline is truly awesome and formidable indeed.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2016 08:53 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

The star destroyer annihilates it in one turbolaser hit.

If we're using Legends, just refer to Saxton's Incredible Cross Sections - a star destroyer could output triple digit teratons per volley, .ie energies that exceed the total payload capacity of the Dreadnought by multiple orders of magnitude.

If we're using Disney canon, just recreate an imitation of said calculations by referring to the asteroid field vaporization scenes in ESB, the various acceleration feats that can be turned into power generation estimates, etc.

By the numbers, the star destroyer walks over the entire Alpha Quadrant.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2016 09:16 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 29th, 2016 09:25 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Despite my initial attempts at remaining civil in my discourse with you, I cannot help but let slip the impression everyone has gotten that you're kind of dumb. Your posts are horribly typed and your reasoning is absurd and uninteresting. Whenever people present analysis, facts and evidence to you, the only response they ever get from you is something something about "common sense" and derisions "nerd math" - vague, unsubstantiated opinions that a seven year old could have written. But the scariest thing is that, despite your inability to say anything of note, you don't recognize that you're stupid - you proudly boast about "winning" debates and "crushing" your enemies - you actually think you're a competent debater.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I kid, of course. Just need some catharsis after a long day, and Neph isn't around much anymore. smile

Old Post Jun 29th, 2016 09:29 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by The Ellimist
Despite my initial attempts at remaining civil in my discourse with you, I cannot help but let slip the impression everyone has gotten that you're kind of dumb. Your posts are horribly typed and your reasoning is absurd and uninteresting. Whenever people present analysis, facts and evidence to you, the only response they ever get from you is something something about "common sense" and derisions "nerd math" - vague, unsubstantiated opinions that a seven year old could have written. But the scariest thing is that, despite your inability to say anything of note, you don't recognize that you're stupid - you proudly boast about "winning" debates and "crushing" your enemies - you actually think you're a competent debater.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I kid, of course. Just need some catharsis after a long day, and Neph isn't around much anymore. smile
I string together these posts in a minute or so which frequently have misspellings or autocorrections that I don't care to proofread. This isn't an English class or something. Interesting is subjective so who cares ? I guess you're going to have an easy official debate under your belt come this December. If you think I won't post evidence or take a little more time to proofread my posts you're wrong.

The star destroyer can't even take out the MF in a shot or two yet you believe it one shots the militarized, star fleet's secret weapon ship which wasn't obliterated by 72 plot device badass torpedoes aboard the ship without shields absorbing the brunt of it. In Rotj we see once the Executor's shields go down one tiny ship crashing into it completely took out the much bigger ship.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Come December you're mine. In Khan's name I stab at thee!!

Old Post Jun 29th, 2016 09:40 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Earlier Trek wasn't about the bigger explosions the general public would come to associate with a Star Wars film. Abrams changed all that. You see I didn't find the older prime timeline Star Trek interesting at all. I found the newer trek or the Kelvin timeline to be utterly amazing. I cared about these Star Trek characters I previously couldn't give a **** about. The only one I found someone interesting in the old Trek was Spock. The best part is he's the only one who came along for the ride.

The action in it and the space battles are top notch IMO. The kinds of power people were used to seeing in Star Wars was now being seen in Star Trek films because a Star Wars fan was in charge of reestablishing the brand. Get used to the comparisons because these films are made in the same vein these days.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2016 09:51 PM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

The ICS is not canon anymore. The SD.Net version of Star Wars is pure wank.

Wong is the kind of dipshit that gives Han Solo the win over Q.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2016 11:04 PM
Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

The star destroyer annihilates it in one turbolaser hit.

So how did it not annihilate the Falcon in one hit?

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Jun 29th, 2016 11:48 PM
Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by playa1258
The ICS is not canon anymore. The SD.Net version of Star Wars is pure wank.

Wong is the kind of dipshit that gives Han Solo the win over Q.
Wong is insane indeed but I've heard Star Wars fans back his insane conclusions.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 02:06 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by playa1258
The ICS is not canon anymore.

Did you read my post?

Wong is insane indeed but I've heard Star Wars fans back his insane conclusions.

It's blatantly obvious, your attempt at bluffing aside, that you don't understand the physics he uses, so please stop making declarations you cannot support yourself.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 02:26 AM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
So how did it not annihilate the Falcon in one hit?

Because it's smart to destroy something that they are trying to capture alive?...

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 02:27 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Did you read my post?

It's blatantly obvious, your attempt at bluffing aside, that you don't understand the physics he uses, so please stop making declarations you cannot support yourself.
If he can't back them up with official numbers it's guesswork to support his fanatical conclusions. I've seen Zelda debaters use the same nerd driven calculations to support Link's feats of strength and durability but then ignore when he's ko'd.

To the biased poster it goes like this

Conclusion>analysis>evidence.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 02:29 AM
The Merchant

Star Destroyer Avenger didn't take out the MF because it was trying to capture the crew alive and they were using their point defense lasers just for that. Sometimes I wonder if people actually watched Star Wars smh.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 02:33 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

If he can't back them up with official numbers it's guesswork to support his fanatical conclusions. I've seen Zelda debaters use the same nerd driven calculations to support Link's feats of strength and durability but then ignore when he's ko'd.

To the biased poster it goes like this

Conclusion>analysis>evidence.

And you still aren't improving, are you?

Is it ever stated “officially” that Star Trek is superior to Star Wars? No? Oh, then why should we take any of your assertions seriously?

You go with what’s “on-screen”, you say. So do we. What’s on-screen can’t just “say” things by itself – there’s that bridge where you have to analyze what’s given, it’s not like on-screen there are words saying “Star Trek is superior to Star Wars”. You have to say “the Enterprise performed X, therefore it is superior to Y because of Z reason”, and that is analysis.
The only difference between yours and mine is that yours is especially simplistic and dumb, and therefore something you can understand. Meanwhile, because others present more complicated derivations beyond your capacity, you just assume that they’re wrong to mask your lack of ability to contribute anything meaningful to the debate.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 02:34 AM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by The Merchant
Star Destroyer Avenger didn't take out the MF because it was trying to capture the crew alive and they were using their point defense lasers just for that. Sometimes I wonder if people actually watched Star Wars smh.

Apparently, not because no matter how much direct context is shoved into the viewers face.

/Ahem...Luke and co were let go from the Death Star, noted twice within the movie literally right after one another.

They ignore such things.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 02:35 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

And you still aren't improving, are you?

Is it ever stated “officially” that Star Trek is superior to Star Wars? No? Oh, then why should we take any of your assertions seriously?

You go with what’s “on-screen”, you say. So do we. What’s on-screen can’t just “say” things by itself – there’s that bridge where you have to analyze what’s given, it’s not like on-screen there are words saying “Star Trek is superior to Star Wars”. You have to say “the Enterprise performed X, therefore it is superior to Y because of Z reason”, and that is analysis.
The only difference between yours and mine is that yours is especially simplistic and dumb, and therefore something you can understand. Meanwhile, because others present more complicated derivations beyond your capacity, you just assume that they’re wrong to mask your lack of ability to contribute anything meaningful to the debate.
Iyo but you can't think rationally when it comes to Star Wars and please, please don't take this the wrong way.

I have done so. I've presented evidence which supports my claims but what I won't do is speculate based on unofficial information by citing imaginary numbers I can't definitively prove. Yours is based off information you can't prove and biased. It's the same way with Nai or Wong. The conclusion is always the same. If it occurred in Star Wars make sure the conclusion supports the notion they are more powerful and formidable.

I've also not posted clips or anything purposely until our debate begins.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 02:42 AM