KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Dreadnought vs Star Destroyer

Dreadnought vs Star Destroyer
Started by: Time-Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nai
You're welcome.
Says the nerd who made countless claims he failed to prove. Speculative, biased nonsense. If you make the claim the onus is on you to prove it not for me to disprove it. Debating 101.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 10:55 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Zenwolf
TIE bombers didn't even engage the Falcon.

You must be joking, go watch the god damn movie son.

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 10:55 PM
Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Jeez, does it have to be stated each time someone goes to the bathroom too? Seriously?

Vader wants the Falcon right?....Common sense would tell anyone, that under orders from Vader, they were to not destroy the ship and thus...they wouldn't blast it with full powered turbolasers.
The blasts were clearly doing damage and you can't prove how much they were lowered or even that they were lowered at all. It's about what you can prove and it goes against the dialogue of the scene.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 10:56 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 10:58 PM
Zenwolf

I did. The only time TIE bombers were even on scene, was dropping bombs on asteroids(which would be to flush them out of hiding), they never engaged the Falcon.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 11:00 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yea so they must have been holding their bombs back right?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 11:01 PM
Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by quanchi112
The blasts were clearly doing damage and you can't prove how much they were lowered or even that they were lowered at all. It's about what you can prove and it goes against the dialogue of the scene.

Yeah they were doing damage, did I say they weren't? No.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 11:01 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Yea so they must have been holding their bombs back right?

No...I don't know why you're bringing this up, the bombers never engaged the Falcon.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 11:02 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Yeah they were doing damage, did I say they weren't? No.
So you can't prove this claim or to what degree the lasers were less intensified.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 11:03 PM
Zenwolf

So you can't prove this claim or to what degree the lasers were less intensified.

Aside from common sense and dialogue stated by Vader he wanted them alive?

No, but then I don't need to have every little detail thrown out.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 11:04 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Aside from common sense and dialogue stated by Vader he wanted them alive?

No, but then I don't need to have every little detail thrown out.
Iy is ironic when I say common sense somehow it isn't so common but here it is. We can tell by the suspense of the scene and the dialogue IMO. There's no direct evidence or anything alluding to let's lessen the intensity of our weapons here. I see your point but it isn't anything you can prove. So we go by what we know. The Destroyer fired upon the MF and it took multiple shots without significant damage.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 11:08 PM
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

No...I don't know why you're bringing this up, the bombers never engaged the Falcon.

Stupidity like this is almost unacceptable, they were dropping bombs to hit the falcon.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 11:10 PM
Zenwolf

Iy is ironic when I say common sense somehow it isn't so common but here it is. We can tell by the suspense of the scene and the dialogue IMO. There's no direct evidence or anything alluding to let's lessen the intensity of our weapons here. I see your point but it isn't anything you can prove. So we go by what we know. The Destroyer fired upon the MF and it took multiple shots without significant damage.

Because of the Deflector shields. 3PO says as much.

"Sir we've just lost the main rear deflector shield! One more direct hit on the back quadrant and were done for!"

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 11:10 PM
quanchi112
Disney

"Sir we've just lost the rear deflector shield! One more hit on the back quadrant and were done for!"
Yes, as I said the shields from a much weaker ship can withstand blasts from much more powerful and larger ships without taking significant damage. That isn't the case in Star Trek when a superior ship such as the Narada or the Vengeance starts firing on the Enterprise. That's always been my point. Shit gets ****ed up really fast.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 11:11 PM
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Sir we've just lost the main rear deflector shield! One more direct hit on the back quadrant and were done for!"

I think you just ruined your own argument

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 11:15 PM
Zenwolf

Except why then, in ANH were TIE fighters able to cause damage to the Falcon despite the shields being up? TIE Fighters pack much less punch than an ISD, you'd agree on that right? Ok then.

So this just furthers shows that if a TIE fighter can break through the Falcon's shields and cause damage, then a full powered Turbolaser shot would have punched right through the shield and destroy the Falcon.

Yet...the ISD didn't do that.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 11:16 PM
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Semantics. Comparing the Dreadnaught shields to the aged and falling apart falcon is just laughable. The falcon is held together because it's a plot device vital to the story.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 11:18 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Except why then, in ANH were TIE fighters able to cause damage to the Falcon despite the shields being up? TIE Fighters pack much less punch than an ISD, you'd agree on that right? Ok then.

So this just furthers shows that if a TIE fighter can break through the Falcon's shields and cause damage, then a full powered Turbolaser shot would have punched right through the shield and destroy the Falcon.

Yet...the ISD didn't do that.
I agree a tie fighter can get through the shields as can a star destroyer but it isn't nigh instantaneous like it is when the big bad ships in Star Trek start firing. The big bad ships in two films of Trek would skull **** the imperial ships. The only advantage the empire ever had was numbers but due to Star Trek Beyond that advantage is going away. I'm going based off what we see on screen not theoretically.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 11:19 PM
Zenwolf

Except I really could care less about this battle at hand. But if you wanna believe that despite Vader wanting the Falcon and its crew alive and the officers ignoring such orders and blasting the Falcon with high turbolaser shots, then be my guest. I'm done here.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 11:21 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Semantics. Comparing the Dreadnaught shields to the aged and falling apart falcon is just laughable. The falcon is held together because it's a plot device vital to the story.
Yeah, the Falcon isn't some top of the line ship it's the shitty ship the heroes have to pilot through situations due to facing overwhelming odds. It's even referred to as basically shit in the Force Awakens in terms of quality ships.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 11:21 PM