KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Vader (RotJ) vs. novel Vitiate

Darth Vader (RotJ) vs. novel Vitiate
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Darth Vader (RotJ) vs. novel Vitiate

They start three meters apart.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 04:26 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

up

Old Post Jul 11th, 2016 06:28 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Vitiiii

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jul 11th, 2016 06:29 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

From three meters?

Old Post Jul 11th, 2016 06:29 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Yez

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jul 11th, 2016 06:30 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Based on what feats? At that distance Revan Reborn may have butchered him.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2016 06:31 PM
Syndicate

*Shrug*

I'm of the mind that Vitiate's reaction speed is significantly hampered due to his focus on his more esoteric abilities.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2016 07:03 PM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Well, Vitiate couldn't have gathered the energy for his TK wave or Storm, so he'd probably have to rely on Revan deflecting his bolts to push him further back lol.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2016 09:35 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

I honestly think Vader wins this.

- novel Vitiate has pretty much no remarkable feats off a nexus.
- He also wasn't able to overcome Revan (even on a nexus) without taking time to power up an attack, which he won't really have time to do here.
- the three meters starting distance puts Vitiate like a half second away from Vader's blade.
- Vitiate's reflexes are called into question given his disarming by Meetra.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2016 06:10 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Vitiate.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 1st, 2016 06:13 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Vitiate didn't seem particularly concerned about being inches away from the HoT's blade on Dromund Kaas, so I doubt the starting distance is that big a deal.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2016 06:20 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Vitiate didn't seem particularly concerned about being inches away from the HoT's blade on Dromund Kaas, so I doubt the starting distance is that big a deal.

Well...he wasn't exactly smart considering he was moving into melee range as he was blasting Force Lighting, a ranged attack.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2016 06:21 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

I was talking about the very beginning of the fight, but yeah he's dumb.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2016 06:24 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

I was talking about the very beginning of the fight, but yeah he's dumb.

I know, but I'm just saying.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2016 06:25 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MS Warehouse

Vitiate without much difficulty.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2016 06:28 PM
Click here to Send MS Warehouse a Private Message Find more posts by MS Warehouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Yeah, but this time we have an earlier version without a nexus and against a much more powerful foe.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2016 06:38 PM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by The Ellimist
I honestly think Vader wins this.

- novel Vitiate has pretty much no remarkable feats off a nexus.
- He also wasn't able to overcome Revan (even on a nexus) without taking time to power up an attack, which he won't really have time to do here.
- the three meters starting distance puts Vitiate like a half second away from Vader's blade.
- Vitiate's reflexes are called into question given his disarming by Meetra.

- The dude doesn't leave his capital planet, which turned into a nexus as a result of his use of the Force, this doesn't outright suggest weakness to me.
- This fighting scene has been discussed so many times. Nothing that happens before the end overwrites the fact that Vitiate overwhelmed him with a single attack at the end.
- Vitiate's assumed vulnerability in close range never seems to threaten him. You can argue that he is simply that stupid or reckless (which doesn't make sense at all) but after his fight with Revan, he seems to be more cautious when approaching his enemies even with full power, yet when weakened and in the middle of executing his millennia old life goal, he still walks up to HoT's saber as Beni said.
- He wasn't paying attention, tbh.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Sep 1st, 2016 06:43 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Vitiate.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2016 06:44 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Petrus
Debonaire Member

We honestly didn't see enough of Novel Vitiate to reach a consensus on this fight, imo.

"Do not go gentle into that good night"

Old Post Sep 1st, 2016 06:44 PM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by Sinious
- The dude doesn't leave his capital planet, which turned into a nexus as a result of his use of the Force, this doesn't outright suggest weakness to me.

I'm just not very impressed by his struggling with Revan when he had a nexus described for its amazing power on multiple occasions on his side.

quote:

- This fighting scene has been discussed so many times. Nothing that happens before the end overwrites the fact that Vitiate overwhelmed him with a single attack at the end.

Yeah, but he doesn't have the distance to charge up such an attack here. His off-the-hip attacks did nothing to Revan.

quote:

- Vitiate's assumed vulnerability in close range never seems to threaten him. You can argue that he is simply that stupid or reckless (which doesn't make sense at all) but after his fight with Revan, he seems to be more cautious when approaching his enemies even with full power, yet when weakened and in the middle of executing his millennia old life goal, he still walks up to HoT's saber as Beni said.

Vader >> HoT.

quote:

- He wasn't paying attention, tbh.

Ehhh maybe. But the overall impression of Vitiate's combat awareness isn't very good, and given his precarious starting position, it puts him in a pinch.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2016 07:00 PM