KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » KMC Social media experiment

KMC Social media experiment
Started by: walshy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I vote that if the experiment fails the test subject species should be PUT DOWN!

I don't see what you have against transgendered people.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 07:16 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

You dont WANT to see what he has up against them!

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 09:57 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Surtur
I don't see what you have against transgendered people.

I said THE SPECIES. Not just a singular Sub-Species.

I don't cut corners when it comes to Genocide.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 02:59 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I said THE SPECIES. Not just a singular Sub-Species.

I don't cut corners when it comes to Genocide.

Soon it will be a new species dude. We've already got like 50 different genders.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_t...om_options.html

Soon it will be a new species. I mean "Neutrois" sounds like a new species.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 03:47 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Thats why we gotta Nip this Human Thing in the bud now. Put a stop to it. Before it escapes this planet and becomes Galactic Roaches.

Like in Doctor NuWho.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 03:54 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Soon it will be a new species dude. We've already got like 50 different genders.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_t...om_options.html

Soon it will be a new species. I mean "Neutrois" sounds like a new species.
You know there's a funny mistake about the word 'gender' that a lot of people get confused by these days, and it's one that annoys both linguists and scientists. You see, 'gender' and 'sex' are not the same thing, and if you look at it from a linguistic point of view, there are actually a lot of countries that utilise more than two genders in the way they speak. The idea of 'gender' is how the concepts of male and female relate to e

Actually you know what I don't ****ing care any more

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 04:41 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Withsensibility
Restricted

Account Restricted

Axel with the bants.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 04:52 PM
Withsensibility is currently offline Click here to Send Withsensibility a Private Message Find more posts by Withsensibility Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Scribble
You know there's a funny mistake about the word 'gender' that a lot of people get confused by these days, and it's one that annoys both linguists and scientists. You see, 'gender' and 'sex' are not the same thing, and if you look at it from a linguistic point of view, there are actually a lot of countries that utilise more than two genders in the way they speak. The idea of 'gender' is how the concepts of male and female relate to e

Actually you know what I don't ****ing care any more

Yes I know. Gender is a magical thing that can just be whatever one feels like. Feelings>reality.

Last edited by Surtur on Aug 23rd, 2016 at 05:43 PM

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 05:41 PM
Flyattractor

I choose the Gender of JERK TO THE WORLD!

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 05:44 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I choose the Gender of JERK TO THE WORLD!

I didn't know "feminist" was now a gender.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 05:46 PM
Flyattractor

I didn't know "feminist" was now a gender.

Its actually pronounced FEMINAZI.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 05:48 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's only in Europe.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 05:49 PM
Scribble

Yes I know. Gender is a magical thing that can just be whatever one feels like. Feelings>reality.
No no, you see, 'gender' has a specific use in language (which barely anyone seems to understand any more, like for example 'fox' or 'dragon' aren't male/female specific so they can't be applied to gender, it just doesn't make sense) that differs from the standard male/female binary of 'sex', so whilst it still deals in male/female specifics (e.g. a masculine male and a feminine male could be considered two different genders) it is distinct from sex. In language it becomes more complex, mainly because some languages utilise up to seven different gen

Actually **** this right off again

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 05:50 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

That's only in Europe.

You Wish.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 05:51 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Scribble
No no, you see, 'gender' has a specific use in language (which barely anyone seems to understand any more, like for example 'fox' or 'dragon' aren't male/female specific so they can't be applied to gender, it just doesn't make sense) that differs from the standard male/female binary of 'sex', so whilst it still deals in male/female specifics (e.g. a masculine male and a feminine male could be considered two different genders) it is distinct from sex. In language it becomes more complex, mainly because some languages utilise up to seven different gen

Actually **** this right off again

It's not that complex. If your sex is male refer to your gender as male. If your sex is female refer to your gender as female.

It's also certainly not so complex we need 50+ different genders. Here we go: male, female, transgender. Boom. We don't need 50 different words for it.

Last edited by Surtur on Aug 23rd, 2016 at 06:04 PM

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 05:58 PM
Scribble

It's not that complex. If your sex is male refer to your gender as male. If your sex is female refer to your gender as female.

It's also certainly not so complex we need 50+ different genders. Here we go: male, female, transgender. Boom. We don't need 50 different words for it.
Well you see that's easy enough for people who see things very simply, i.e. people without much thought for what it means to be a human, but for those who are partial to more out of the box thinking and analysis of human existence it can be interesting to analyse the way that the animus and anima interact. The idea that every human has elements within themselves that express both masculine and feminine properties: in the writings of Carl Jung, he theorised tha

****ing hell, why do I even bother?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 06:07 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol I mean what is there even to say? You kind of babble about something and then at the end always act like you just couldn't be bothered, even though you obviously totally can be bothered and would most likely continue to respond if I really pushed the issue lol.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 06:34 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

To be fair though we have some fundamentally different views on gender obviously. For example, I think transgender people have legit mental illnesses and I'm guessing you don't. I'm not saying that because I want to argue the point that they are indeed mental illnesses, I'm just saying we have different beliefs about this stuff.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 06:43 PM
Scribble

Lol I mean what is there even to say? You kind of babble about something and then at the end always act like you just couldn't be bothered, even though you obviously totally can be bothered and would most likely continue to respond if I really pushed the issue lol.
I mean I guess if you read that post structure as 100% serious that's fine, you do you, man. I was more just making the point that no matter how in-depth I explain it you'll just say something macho af and tell me I'm babbling. If I thought I could sway your opinion to any degree, I actually would continue.
To be fair though we have some fundamentally different views on gender obviously. For example, I think transgender people have legit mental illnesses and I'm guessing you don't. I'm not saying that because I want to argue the point that they are indeed mental illnesses, I'm just saying we have different beliefs about this stuff.
I think our views differ in the sense that I know what the word 'gender' means and that you only really have a very vague grasp of the concept that you've primarily built up from Breitbart articles. You know that you have a view on something, and you know that you're right, you just can't really explain why, it's fine. You do you, bro. I just find it funny when people talk about stuff they have very little actual understanding of. You're like the mirror image of Tumblr.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 07:32 PM
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Used to be so nice and neat, 9 thousand years ya got males and females then past 25 or so odd years all this splintering over sex/gender/identity shows up and boom! no more good times for the normies.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 08:25 PM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote