KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » SOR Revan vs Darth Tenebrous

SOR Revan vs Darth Tenebrous
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ursumeles
Traitor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
TOR is not devoid of really good stories; KoTOR and Agent to name a few. However, MMORPG format ruined it in the long-term.

I meant SWTOR, not KoTOR. But SOR, KotFE, KOTET seem to have no story, but just "OMG HOW POWERFUL!"-chars.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 05:19 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Your failure to grasp a point, is becoming a norm. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Nah in just reading between the lines, not my fault you where your biased on your sleeve. smile

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 05:20 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Nah in just reading between the lines, not my fault you where your biased on your sleeve. smile

If any source introduces a character more powerful than Valkorion and justify it with actual quantifiable showings, than I am all ears. But Palpatine and Luke Skywalker are not them, with existing data.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 05:24 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Ursumeles
I meant SWTOR, not KoTOR. But SOR, KotFE, KOTET seem to have no story, but just "OMG HOW POWERFUL!"-chars.

Well when your only exposure to something is on a versus forum talking about feats, sure.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 05:24 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

I disagree. The original stories of SWTOR are not bad. However, a player can loose interest in them due to MMORPG format of gameplay. As for the expansions, they are not bad either, however they do have shortcomings of their own.

KoTFE was a fresh reboot. However, MMORPG format ruined it, again.

It would have been much better if BioWare had expanded the story and role of each protagonist in the matters of galaxy, separately in the expansions, just like in the original story. Unfortunately, cost and time was an issue.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Dec 2nd, 2016 at 05:32 PM

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 05:28 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

TOR was ruined the the blustering incompetence of its writers, nothing more.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 05:29 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Correction: not more, but vastly superior.

Vitiate has vastly superior showings in Nathema, dispatching a Dark Council, defeating Revan, devastating Ziost, corrupting Dromund Kaas and immortality, to name a few.
Superior to what? When have Plagueis' limitations being shown in those regards? You realise there is no evidence Plagueis cannot accomplish any of that?

quote:
Even neutral observors do not perceive Darth Plagueis as powerful as his marketing statements suggest: http://www.looper.com/23042/powerfu...-wars-universe/

Shame thumb down
You mean clueless laymen? Hilarious.

quote:
That is the perception of Darth Plagueis.

Do you understand the difference between perception and actual accomplishments? I suppose not.

Yes, Darth Plagueis learned the ability to influence Midichlorians but who is to say that Vitiate didn't through his own devices? Vitiate not just achieved corporal immortality but cheated death time-and-again. Darth Plagueis failed to cheat death even once. Can't you ****ing see it?
That's nice dear, but I couldn't give a damn if you find the case convincing or not, especially when your going to cherry pick in your response, the point that the novel provides ample material to support a case for Plagueis' most powerful status, just as SWTOR has done for Vitiate.

Difference being the blurb legitimises Hego's claim. thumb up

And for the record no, there is no proof that Vitiate mastered midichlorian manipulation, his ability to cheat death nonwithstanding. And if he did? That only makes it more telling how he failed to achieve as much as with this power as Plagueis managed.

quote:
So that is my problem now? If James Luceno failed to make a compelling case of Darth Plagueis's superiority, then it is not my fault.

Darth Plagueis could be assigned talents that would have legitimately frightened Palpatine. And it would have been much better if Palpatine had had him assassinated in a convincing manner! But nope. That would have been an insult to his gary-stu status. How dare they. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Oh but he did, the point I was making was that he did so without insulting the intellectual capabilities of his readers, but evidently at the expense of the intellectual challenged, I'm sorry that this upset you.

But sure, I would have much preferred Plagueis to have been killed in some imaginary mind realm where Sids got powerups from dead Sith Lords and used magic words to seal him away in a super special deus ex machina holocron, would have made for a great read. thumb up

Last edited by Beniboybling on Dec 2nd, 2016 at 05:40 PM

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 05:35 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

All I see from the blurb deniers is one fallacy after another. Every word they say is concession; every sentence they utter is defeat. Wollf, Beni, Urs... my friends, rise above this. Let the worms squirm in the filth of their own self-destruction, while we ascend beyond their comprehension. They are beneath our attention.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 08:41 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Originally posted by Azronger
All I see from the blurb deniers is one fallacy after another. Every word they say is concession; every sentence they utter is defeat. Wollf, Beni, Urs... my friends, rise above this. Let the worms squirm in the filth of their own self-destruction, while we ascend beyond their comprehension. They are beneath our attention.

Eh... yeah, except for Deronn's points[with which I disagree], I've saw non proof to say tht publisher summary's are non-canon.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 08:54 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Eh... yeah, except for Deronn's points[with which I disagree], I've saw non proof to say tht publisher summary's are non-canon.

What points?

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 08:58 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

*shrug* Examples like Plo Koon beating Talzin in that one...dunno what it was, lol.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 09:06 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

*shrug* Examples like Plo Koon beating Talzin in that one...dunno what it was, lol.

?

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 09:30 PM
Ursumeles
Traitor

I am just saying that Deronn is the only one of the anti-blurb brigade, who has points worthy to adressing.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 09:33 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

I am just saying that Deronn is the only one of the anti-blurb brigade, who has points worthy to adressing.

I asked what his points are.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 10:11 PM
Ursumeles
Traitor

Eh, I'll search a link to an thread in which he discusses them tomorrow. I can't explin it.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 10:12 PM
S_W_LeGenD

Superior to what? When have Plagueis' limitations being shown in those regards? You realise there is no evidence Plagueis cannot accomplish any of that?

Superior to (actual) showings of Darth Plagueis. Your failure to distinguish actual showings from sheer hyperbole is most amusing. There is an utter lack of evidence that Darth Plagueis could replicate major showings of Vitiate; Darth Plagueis's perception doesn't count. Sith tend to have an inflated sense of what they can accomplish.

You mean clueless laymen? Hilarious.

No, they managed to see through the hyperbole, and based their evaluation on actual showings instead. You can learn from them.

That's nice dear, but I couldn't give a damn if you find the case convincing or not, especially when your going to cherry pick in your response, the point that the novel provides ample material to support a case for Plagueis' most powerful status, just as SWTOR has done for Vitiate.

Concession accepted on the first part. And that case is?

Difference being the blurb legitimises Hego's claim. thumb up

It doesn't. It is an (unsubstantiated) hyperbole, to garner attention of audience.

And for the record no, there is no proof that Vitiate mastered midichlorian manipulation, his ability to cheat death nonwithstanding. And if he did? That only makes it more telling how he failed to achieve as much as with this power as Plagueis managed.

Did I assert that Vitiate practiced Midichlorian Manipulation? My point is that Vitiate managed to influence his midichlorians through his own devices (i.e. Sith Sorcery); this is apparent from the fact that he enhanced his potential, halted his aging and/or managed to extend his life for indefinite period. Common sense dictates that none of this is possible without affecting the midichlorians in the body. Sith Sorcery might be perceived as magic but its effects are real.

Darth Plagueis lived in a different era; by that time, the field of science had advanced much further and midichlorians could be directly observed and studied in laboratory settings during that time. Darth Plagueis was lucky to exist in that era and he was able to commune with the midichlorians and influence them, directly. This is not a sign of his superiority in ways of the Force in any way or form. If Vitiate was in the shoes of Darth Plagueis, god knows what he could accomplish.

Oh but he did, the point I was making was that he did so without insulting the intellectual capabilities of his readers, but evidently at the expense of the intellectual challenged, I'm sorry that this upset you.

No, you are proving to be intellectually challenged instead. The novel, in no way or form, promotes Darth Plagueis as the most powerful Sith to have ever existed; the novel is written entirely from his perspective. On top of it, actual showings of Darth Plagueis, in the novel, do not affirm his superiority either. The marketing blurbs are absolutely hyperbolic, slapped on the novel by the publisher without proper homework. Even neutral observors noticed this. Shame on you. thumb down

But sure, I would have much preferred Plagueis to have been killed in some imaginary mind realm where Sids got powerups from dead Sith Lords and used magic words to seal him away in a super special deus ex machina holocron, would have made for a great read. thumb up

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Since the two faced entirely different set of circumstances, there was no need for that. However, Darth Plagueis's demise could be a engineered in a more convincing way than how it happened in the novel. Like I said, it is all about writing. James Luceno is as much of a disappointment as Drew Karpyshyn is.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 07:31 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Exar Kun > Palpatine confirmed.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 07:47 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

KEK. Only if you do some serious reaching.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 07:58 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

KEK. Only if you have basic reading comprehension.

P.S Love how you dodged my actual reply.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 08:02 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Something I'm sure you lack. thumb up

Didn't even see you replied, tbh.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 08:44 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote