KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » If you had to pick, which continuity would you choose?

If you had to pick, which ccontinuity would you choose?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Legends 14 73.68%
New canon 5 26.32%
Total: 19 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

If you had to pick, which continuity would you choose?
Started by: Darth Abonis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MS Warehouse

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
I was disappointed but my expectations were extremely high due to Abrams involvement. That being said its my third favorite Star Wars film and no matter what your opinion on this film it's still an opinion. Popularity doesn't make an opinion a fact.
Fact: it was unoriginal. Fact: it was a cheap rehash of anh.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2016 02:04 PM
Click here to Send MS Warehouse a Private Message Find more posts by MS Warehouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McP

Hard to answer. Legends probably.

Rebpulic and Jedi comis, all of Luceno's books, Shatterpoint - best sources imo

Old Post Jul 10th, 2016 02:05 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by MS Warehouse
Fact: it was unoriginal. Fact: it was a cheap rehash of anh.
A new hope wasn't original either. Cheap is being used subjectively here so no matter how vehemently you disagree it's still an opinion. You can't get around that.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2016 02:06 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

HAHAHA So Quanchi admits he was disappointed in TFA and that it's not his favourite or even 2nd favourite SW film, yet he's going around accusing me of being a Hater..

Oh the Bandwagon Troll really is an idiot. I've clearly messed with his head. He's obsessed with me.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2016 02:10 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MS Warehouse

A new hope wasn't original either. Cheap is being used subjectively here so no matter how vehemently you disagree it's still an opinion. You can't get around that.

Think you're missing the point. TFA was unoriginal in terms of Star Wars. TFA was a rehash of OT. YOU can't get around that fact.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2016 02:13 PM
Click here to Send MS Warehouse a Private Message Find more posts by MS Warehouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Thor
HAHAHA So Quanchi admits he was disappointed in TFA and that it's not his favourite or even 2nd favourite SW film, yet he's going around accusing me of being a Hater..

Oh the Bandwagon Troll really is an idiot. I've clearly messed with his head. He's obsessed with me.
I admitted this right after I saw the film. I said its my third favorite thus it fell below my expectations. I didn't go around damning the film like you did though. I unlike you am honest and don't flip from Star Wars character to character like a Star Wars groupie. Dooku, Maul, now Vader. You're all over the map.

laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 10th, 2016 02:21 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Think you're missing the point. TFA was unoriginal in terms of Star Wars. TFA was a rehash of OT. YOU can't get around that fact.
A New Hope wasn't original either. Whether you liked it or not is subjective. You can't get around this but continue to try.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2016 02:22 PM
Darth Thor

People who claim ANH wasn't Original are really desperate in their Lucas hate and support for Abrams.

ANH borrowed from here and there, but formed something Very Original in the process.

To compare that to Abrams copying SW to make a new SW film, is the argument of those who don't really get what made Star Wars so special and so beloved in the first place.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2016 02:48 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MS Warehouse

A New Hope wasn't original either. Whether you liked it or not is subjective. You can't get around this but continue to try.

quote:

Great attempts at rationalizing though thumb up

quote:
People who claim ANH wasn't Original are really desperate in their Lucas hate and support for Abrams.

ANH borrowed from here and there, but formed something Very Original in the process.

To compare that to Abrams copying SW to make a new SW film, is the argument of those who don't really get what made Star Wars so special and so beloved in the first place.

thumb up

Old Post Jul 10th, 2016 03:55 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

I was willing to give New-EU a chance, as I saw the chance for three factions to be kind of interesting, but then the main saga blew up the entire government for the New Republic.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2016 04:44 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
I was willing to give New-EU a chance, as I saw the chance for three factions to be kind of interesting, but then the main saga blew up the entire government for the New Republic.

I found that really jarring..

"Like yeah! We finally have a new government in place!"

"Hey what's that?"

BOOM!

So all that time and effort, fighting the GE and establishing a new government entirely for nothing.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2016 04:54 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MS Warehouse

Abrams isn't known for his originality.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2016 05:07 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Thor

You criticized force awakens for the same thing a new hope was guilty of.

They both borrowed a lot.

What made it special to you. You don't speak for anyone else. You never did understand that. I myself think a force awakens is way more enjoyable than a new hope. Get mad.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2016 09:56 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Great attempts at rationalizing though thumb up

thumb up
Both copied. Who cares ? Force awakens was better than a new hope IMO. Your opinion isn't a fact.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2016 09:57 PM
MS Warehouse

Both copied. Who cares ? Force awakens was better than a new hope IMO. Your opinion isn't a fact.

No, both didn't copy. Copying elements from various other movies isn't the same as copying or rehashing the original version of the movie, no matter how much you want to rationalize or are butthurt about these "facts". Also ANH>TFA is pretty much universal. Stop crying.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2016 10:18 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Maybe around Kenobis level in the force or less

Hard to say

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 10th, 2016 10:21 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

what

Old Post Jul 10th, 2016 10:26 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

No, both didn't copy. Copying elements from various other movies isn't the same as copying or rehashing the original version of the movie, no matter how much you want to rationalize or are butthurt about these "facts". Also ANH>TFA is pretty much universal. Stop crying.
Both copied from other films. Fact. Did Skywalker beat Vader at the end of A New Hope ? They weren't the same film. Fact. Was Palpatine shown in a new hope ? Come on and answer the questions, psmith.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2016 10:50 PM
MS Warehouse

Both copied from other films. Fact. Did Skywalker beat Vader at the end of A New Hope ? They weren't the same film. Fact. Was Palpatine shown in a new hope ? Come on and answer the questions, psmith.
I did. The universal attitude is that tfa is a rehash of anh. It doesn't have to be 100% similar. It can be 80% similar and be called a rehash. And it's pretty universal that tfa doesn't compare to anh.. Now stop crying because you liked such a stupid movie.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2016 10:58 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by |King Joker|
what

I meant to post that in your Ventress thread . Sorry lol

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 10th, 2016 11:04 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote