KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Started by: Firefly218

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (210): « First ... « 172 173 [174] 175 176 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flyattractor

The only plan to stop making this "Trilogies" is when people get tired of Star Wars. Especially now that the movies are going to shit.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 08:55 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Seems like in order to make up for Rey being a Mary Sue they made Holdo half retarded.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 09:14 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Ouch.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 09:44 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

True about them making Star Wars till they lose interest...might be soon with all the Star Wars stuff they keep making.

Star Wars = money

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 11:17 PM
DarthPlaguis12 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Rian Johnson is doing it... sad

OH joy....

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 11:17 PM
DarthPlaguis12 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Found this gem on YouTube lol

Attachment: image.jpeg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 11:18 PM
John Murdoch

Originally posted by Surtur
Red flags were going up for me when I saw the writer or the producer of the movie wearing "the force is female" t-shirts.

I don't think SW's needs to cater to males, they need to cater to...Star Wars fans. The feminist bullshit doesn't do that. I know at least a few women who just didn't like Star Wars at all, but that magically changed after this last movie came out. The question is why? What did this movie have that other SW's movies lacked?

I wonder if Star Wars is going to go through the same thing as some Marvel comics did. You had SJWs whine over the content, it eventually got changed, but the problem is the people whining were never comic fans to begin with. And the actual loyal comic book readers were not interested in that BS. So the people complaining never intended to read the comics, and the people actually reading them had no interest in the changes, so sales dipped. Then instead of creating new characters in the name of diversity they merely...altered current characters, giving them gender or race swaps.

I hope Star Wars doesn't go the same way. Episode 9 will truly confirm if it has.

Hit the nail on the head, Surt.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 12:22 AM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Rian Johnson is doing it... sad

There are two new trilogies coming out, the RJ one and the one by the Game of Thrones guys.

I think Star Wars fatigue is going to become a problem in the next few years, probably after Episode 9 is wrapped up. Star Wars will just stop being special since there will be a new trilogy pretty much happening non stop.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 12:38 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

And the cartoons and those solo Star Wars movies...no pun intended

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 12:50 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

@Ridley_Prime

that's what one of the things the guy was pointing out in that video Darth Thor shared apart from hating on TLJ, Talks about progression there's none of that with Rey compared to Luke who had it.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 01:21 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by DarthPlaguis12
And the cartoons and those solo Star Wars movies...no pun intended

Yeah, I'd kinda prefer if they kept the somewhat sporadic nature of Star Wars releases as is. Instead of turning it into an annual release indefinitely. Do a new trilogy and a few stand alone movies then take a break for several years, then do some more movies. Think that would be better for the brand in the long run.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 02:00 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Star Wars is not Special anymore.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 02:56 AM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
Yeah, I'd kinda prefer if they kept the somewhat sporadic nature of Star Wars releases as is. Instead of turning it into an annual release indefinitely. Do a new trilogy and a few stand alone movies then take a break for several years, then do some more movies. Think that would be better for the brand in the long run.
thumb up

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 06:52 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Well I guess they wana be like Marvel.

But yeah it does take away from the specialness of Star Wars.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 10:27 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

As long as the quality remains consistent and good, Its when they start putting movies that are on par with the Ewok movie's is when we need to worry.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 10:39 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Star Wars is not Special anymore.
Iyo not mine. It's never been better, loser.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 03:59 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112

The quality of the CGI clone wars show was leaps and bounds above ep 7 and 8.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 04:21 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by quanchi112

depends on how you're determing what makes it better. as far as overall success goes, nothing in scifi/fantasy/action even comes close to beating ep4. its success as a film is second only to 'gone with the wind'.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 05:17 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

"I cannot be betrayed, I cannot be beaten"-Snoke 30 seconds before this happens:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 11:16 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 11:18 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote