KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Started by: Firefly218

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (195): « First ... « 174 175 [176] 177 178 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
it did the service of putting his power into perspective. that plus his handling of rey.

Meh sort of.

But you see at the beginning of that he shoots Kylo right as he gets up.. Plus after being shot Kylo goes for a 2nd shot at him until Snokes guards intervene.

I think Rey getting handled was the first (and only) indication that she still has a lot to learn.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 07:45 AM
Darth Thor is online now! Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

That generic looking room...those rushed set pieces...it's almost as if the cast & crew knew Snoke wasn't going to be around for long.

Is that an unopened Ikea flat pack in the background? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 10:21 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Surtur
Correction: he was a perv.

Everyone is dead.

"A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...."

And about how Snoke could survive...

Bacta Tanks exist in Star Wars. Fully functional cybernetics also exist in Star Wars.

In a setting where ion cannons, deflector shields, bacta tanks, fully integrated cybernetics (and walking cyborgs), the idea that someone survive being horizontally bisected seems like it would be quite easy to believe. <- All tech I mentioned came from the original trilogy. no expression

Last edited by dadudemon on Mar 5th, 2018 at 03:24 PM

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 03:19 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Prepare yourself, Asgard

depends on how you're determing what makes it better. as far as overall success goes, nothing in scifi/fantasy/action even comes close to beating ep4. its success as a film is second only to 'gone with the wind'.
My opinion. Episode four to me is sub par. I never understood other than it starting it all it being regarded as a great film.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 03:30 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Prepare yourself, Asgard

Originally posted by Surtur
The quality of the CGI clone wars show was leaps and bounds above ep 7 and 8.
Bullshit. Last Jedi is the best and the only film that compares is Rots.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 03:31 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by quanchi112
My opinion. Episode four to me is sub par. I never understood other than it starting it all it being regarded as a great film.

It's a pretty terrible movie when viewed as an outsider brand new to Star Wars.

The story is stupid, acting is atrocious, dialogue is terrible, there's tons of plot holes, and the main character is a bit of a shithead.

But I was a small child when I first saw it. And I loved it. Still do. big grin

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 03:38 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Prepare yourself, Asgard

Originally posted by dadudemon
It's a pretty terrible movie when viewed as an outsider brand new to Star Wars.

The story is stupid, acting is atrocious, dialogue is terrible, there's tons of plot holes, and the main character is a bit of a shithead.

But I was a small child when I first saw it. And I loved it. Still do. big grin
i figured most have that nostalgia thing going for it. Star Wars didn't win me over with the first trilogy.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 03:45 PM
Bentley
Seitei

All Star Wars movies are terrible. Everything else is marketing.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 04:06 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Astral Shaman

Originally posted by Bentley
All Star Wars movies are terrible. Everything else is marketing.

#TheForceIsFemale

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 04:42 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW

Originally posted by Kazenji
Guess you better continue being a loner in your Freakazoid thread.

laughing out loud

Beautiful ownage, Kaz thumb up

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 04:51 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Astral Shaman

Originally posted by DarthPlaguis12
Yup...I still don't know how Darth maul survived, at least in one of the EU stories he had new robot legs

Remember the book or comic where Uncle Ben kills Maul? Lol.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 04:55 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

uncle ben?

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 05:59 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

I think he meant uncle Owen.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 06:03 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Ha! Ive also mixed those 2 Uncle names more than once.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 08:47 PM
Darth Thor is online now! Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

old black dude beating maul to death with a bag of rice.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 09:01 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW

old black dude beating maul to death with a bag of rice.

I thought Surt meant Spider-Man's dead uncle, lol.

But I like your version more thumb up

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 09:04 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

Should’ve kept the part where she was shooting the other troopers.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 06:50 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Wow, that scene would have actually made us notice Phasma.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 08:42 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

kinda dumb that finn would wait so long to pull that card.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 12:28 PM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ Wow, that scene would have actually made us notice Phasma.

Hahaha what's the point of the Stormtroopers glancing at each other??!!

They're wearing masks...they can't see or read each other's facial expressions!!!

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 01:27 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote