KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Started by: Firefly218

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (210): « First ... « 191 192 [193] 194 195 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flyattractor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
its so simple to those that need help like James Gunn said

I will agree. James Gunn is drinking his own piss at this point.

Which is to point out how You can't argue against the Point of the Thread, so you have to go on a personal attack.

Enjoy your piss-ade there Little Shill Boy...

Old Post Jul 7th, 2018 06:37 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

How ironic that a butthurt fanboy would reply to that kind of stuff

They should've stuck to the original plans with the Codebreaker character, Rather then bring in the DJ character

quote:
Originally, Finn and Rose were going to find him playing keyboards accompany a lounge singer. He was there "casing an insectoid warlord known as the Butcher of Brix" from whom he planned to steal "the blood jewels that finance his murderous regime." The three would go on a journey to find a backpack with thieving tools, only to get caught on the roof and Finn and Rose put into priso

there's alot of stuff that they were originally going to use, Most of its in the The Last Jedi artwork book.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2018 02:44 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Yes. They should have tried to make Original Movies in stead of the Soft Re-Boots we have gotten for eps 7 & 8.

But then Hollywood is full of lazy butt hurt lefties.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2018 03:25 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by roughrider
James Mangold warns that if these fan trolls won't STFU and stop whining about how they know better than the filmmakers and the studio, there won't be top tier talent coming to make the movies and TV series anymore, because who wants this kind of abuse?

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/24...ssic-franchises
But hacks and corporate boards are already the ones making the movies.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2018 03:57 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by roughrider
James Mangold warns that if these fan trolls won't STFU and stop whining about how they know better than the filmmakers and the studio, there won't be top tier talent coming to make the movies and TV series anymore, because who wants this kind of abuse?

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/24...ssic-franchises

I want someone like PR, Queeq, or Bashar to be involved in writing the script for Star Wars. True fans who are good at picking apart plot and pointing out why a narrative/story is compelling.

I don't want Rian anywhere near Star Wars.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2018 05:18 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I want you to write Star Wars, Demon of Dadu.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2018 05:21 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

As long as they anything EU out of SW films

Old Post Jul 8th, 2018 08:59 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Get the guy who wrote the Thrawn trilogy to write some shit.

Oh and I just don't buy into the "top tier talent won't wanna be a part of star wars cuz trolls". Makes no sense. The SW's fan base has always had that element to it. Actors still wanna be a part of it because they know it is something that will last. You're going to deal with trolls whenever you do a role in any beloved franchise, it comes with the territory.

If anything might give top tier talent pause...it's shitty scripts. It's shitty things like how Luke Skywalker doesn't go out fighting...just astral projecting.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2018 03:10 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by BackFire
lol that poster is ****ing brilliant. Three death stars tethered together, hahaha.

high res: https://i.imgur.com/w8GjQko.jpg

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2018 07:30 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

LOL @ Snoke, missed that in the lower res poster. Incredible stuff. And Rey relegated to kitchen duty as so many would like.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2018 08:15 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by Inhuman
As long as they anything EU out of SW films

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 8th, 2018 08:29 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Surtur
Get the guy who wrote the Thrawn trilogy to write some shit.

Quite a few people said this, actually, even before the ST was a thing. They were saying this is what needed to be done after the PT hate.

I do not disagree with them. I'd want a great director to handle that script, however.

Timothy Zahn is a damn good Star Wars writer and he writes a damn good compelling villain.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 02:57 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I didn't know the Demon of Dadu read any EU. Is it just the Thrawn trilogy?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 02:58 AM
dadudemon

Originally posted by NemeBro
I want you to write Star Wars, Demon of Dadu.

Let's do it. Let's create our OWN council of writers and make a damn good Star Wars film.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 03:00 AM
dadudemon

I didn't know the Demon of Dadu read any EU. Is it just the Thrawn trilogy?

No, I used to post in the EU forums on KMC back in the day. Comic books, novels, etc. I've read quite a few Star Wars novels.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 03:01 AM
NemeBro

I've read a couple and liked the two I read. Other than the Thrawn trilogy naturally, any others you might recommend?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 03:07 AM
dadudemon

I've read a couple and liked the two I read. Other than the Thrawn trilogy naturally, any others you might recommend?

Read the Boba Fett series if you love Boba Fett. It was okay. Better than some novels.

I liked Shatterpoint (Mace Windu novel).

I prefer LitRPG these days. Legendary Moonlight Sculptor is decent. The one with super long name that has the dude as the only follower of the big boobed goddess is probably the best LitRPG I've started reading to date (forget the name but the goddess is so popular in representing the big-boob trope that you've seen her before and not known where she came from).

Edit - Found it. It's this series:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XIDJRV...UTF8&btkr=1

Here's the original name which is why I can't remember it:

Danjon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darō ka

Last edited by dadudemon on Jul 9th, 2018 at 03:17 AM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 03:13 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I have a friend who writes YA litrpg novels. Not totally sure what litRPG is, but he makes a decent amount of money on it.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 04:03 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Zahn's actually written a few other SW novels besides the Thrawn trilogy in the old Novel's canon AKA Legends

there was two that he did that was set after episode 4, 'Allegiance & Choices of One' and another that was a prequel to the Thrawn trilogy set after the events of Episode 1

Last edited by Kazenji on Jul 9th, 2018 at 06:40 AM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 06:33 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by dadudemon
I want someone like PR, Queeq, or Bashar to be involved in writing the script for Star Wars. True fans who are good at picking apart plot and pointing out why a narrative/story is compelling.

I don't want Rian anywhere near Star Wars.

Should the day come when a Star Wars movie is directed by 1 million internet fanboys at once, the project would collapse and die as the 1 million directors descend into a never ending fight about how to do the first scene, and the directors die like the Sith of ancient times who couldn't share power and started killing each other. evil face

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 11:28 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote