KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Started by: Firefly218

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (210): « First ... « 192 193 [194] 195 196 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
I have a friend who writes YA litrpg novels. Not totally sure what litRPG is, but he makes a decent amount of money on it.

It's a novel set to RPG structure. Leveling up, stats, items, etc.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 04:21 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by roughrider
Should the day come when a Star Wars movie is directed by 1 million internet fanboys at once, the project would collapse and die as the 1 million directors descend into a never ending fight about how to do the first scene, and the directors die like the Sith of ancient times who couldn't share power and started killing each other. evil face

I definitely did not imply or make the suggestion that 1 million internet fanboys should direct a Star Wars movie as that would be stupid.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 04:22 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by dadudemon
It's a novel set to RPG structure. Leveling up, stats, items, etc.

I see. How does that work in the context of a novel? Is it like some modified choose-your-own-adventure type book? Ah nevermind, I'll go look it up myself if I actually care enough to find out.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 08:18 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I see. How does that work in the context of a novel? Is it like some modified choose-your-own-adventure type book? Ah nevermind, I'll go look it up myself if I actually care enough to find out.

Guy kills boss. Levels up. Gets higher strength and intelligence stats (he puts them there). The boss drops a special armor. He gets a unique skill for killing the boss.

It's not different than many fantasy novels except stats are now added to that amazing sword or armor. And characters are given stats.

In fact, just picture J. R. R. Tolkien but with stats and leveling up.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2018 05:22 AM
NemeBro

Yeah, it's fantasy with in-universe RPG mechanics, often because the characters are literally in a game (I don't remember if DanMachi is an example of such). It's become pretty popular in Light Novels and anime, probably due to Sword Art Online becoming such a huge hit.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2018 05:49 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by dadudemon
I want someone like PR, Queeq, or Bashar to be involved in writing the script for Star Wars. True fans who are good at picking apart plot and pointing out why a narrative/story is compelling.

I don't want Rian anywhere near Star Wars.

Better yet, give it to Gendy toddoskaski[cant spell his name] he’s the guy that created Samurai Jack and later the mini cartoon episodes of the Clone Wars series.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2018 06:05 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2018 01:10 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

LOL @ Snoke, missed that in the lower res poster. Incredible stuff. And Rey relegated to kitchen duty as so many would like.

He looks like he is about to molest someone.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2018 03:08 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Old Post Jul 26th, 2018 08:28 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
lando returns for ep9

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...sian-xi-1125818

Probably so they can kill him

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 26th, 2018 10:45 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Robtard

Master of the obvious stick out tongue

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 27th, 2018 12:27 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Robtard

i hope not. chewie needs a new sidekick.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2018 12:32 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I don’t think he will die.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2018 12:33 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 08:06 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

To be honest, the Star Wars franchise has been shit since RotJ, I remember watching it with my first serious girlfriend Alison and the second to let me **** her. As soon as the Ewoks appeared I was only really interested in trying to finger her in the pictures with no one noticing. Shit film, good night.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 08:50 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Oh that show looks awful from the trailer.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 08:58 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Oh that show looks awful from the trailer.

~27k dislikes now.

Filoni's Clone Wars "saved" trailer has ~70k likes.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 11:27 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Now I gotta watch this trailer just to see. It can't be that bad.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 04:55 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well boy is my face red. That's just awful. It's at 63k dislikes now.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 04:57 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

And rising. 64,592 atm.

It's not even the result of boycott, methinks. It's just genuinely bad.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 06:48 PM