KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Started by: Firefly218

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (210): « First ... « 194 195 [196] 197 198 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
One Big Mob
Dead

I just wanted the Maul follow up. I wish Solo would have came out before TLJ.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2018 08:38 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Not giving credence to the story as I didn't read it, but Social Media wasn't like it is today back 1999-early 2000's, it certainly wasn't weaponized like it is today either

Well social media is the current weapon. Still the hate towards Lucas for the prequels was coming from somewhere. Going by RT more than half the critics liked the first 2, and Ep.3 was Certified Fresh.

All 3 received a very decent A- cinema score from audiences as well.

So where was the “universal” hate coming from? Im sure if anyone bothered to do a massive study on it they could find out.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2018 11:01 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

The prequels were ok, no were as hated as the new shit, a lot of fans liked em.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 05:15 AM
DarthPlaguis12 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I dunno. I recall seeing Hard Core Star Wars FanBoys leaving the theater Crying after Phantom Menace...I found that funny as hell.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 05:52 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Shrug, compared to TLJ the phantom menace was a ****ing masterpiece....tell me I’m wrong lol.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 06:00 AM
DarthPlaguis12 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I think you're very wrong.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 06:02 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by Flyattractor
I dunno. I recall seeing Hard Core Star Wars FanBoys leaving the theater Crying after Phantom Menace...I found that funny as hell.
Was it like when people left crying at Hillary’s campaign?

I have videos I took just because it was that damn funny! laughing

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 06:02 AM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by Flyattractor

That movie came out when I was in high school and a couple of my friends were hugely into star wars at the time, they were in denial about it for a few weeks.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 06:04 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

There will always be a few cry babies especially when the original films were so epic and there was a generational gap between trilogies.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 06:29 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I went to see at the midnight screening The Phantom menace at the time and i didn't come away from it disappointed like most other folks.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 06:43 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don’t know how anyone can compare the hot garbage that was TFA and TLJ to TPM. But that’s just me.

For all the shit talk, the original trilogy did have good things in it, good duels for one, the clone wars cartoon where gregious was a beast, Darth Maul, dooku, etc.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 07:35 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Kazenji
I went to see at the midnight screening The Phantom menace at the time and i didn't come away from it disappointed like most other folks.

I loved it. And I think most people enjoyed it. The hate is overhyped.

Now that I would waste my time studying the hate behind it.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 07:41 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I know alot of people hated Jar Jar Binks because they found him annoying, Personally i didn't find him "that" annoying.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 07:44 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I know alot of people hated Jar Jar Binks because they found him annoying, Personally i didn't find him "that" annoying.

It must be because you talk, walk and goof around like Jar Jar in real life. That must build up some immunity.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 08:03 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

If you want annoying the world got that 3 years later.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 08:16 AM
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is jarjar more annoying then Rose.....serious question

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 10:28 AM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

**** them both.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 10:34 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

^ I guess if you swing that way.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 10:35 AM
Darth Thor

Same. Did not care for him. But did not ruin the film for me either.

But he had the kids laughing their heads off.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 10:56 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by DarthPlaguis12
Is jarjar more annoying then Rose.....serious question

No, he's not even close.

And Rose's been confirmed for Episode IX sad

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 11:31 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote