KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Started by: Firefly218

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (210): « First ... « 51 52 [53] 54 55 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Psychotron

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
So this isn't a shameless remake of ESB?

It actually is.

Kylo [SPOILER - highlight to read]: literally asks Rey to join him so they can rule the galaxy together at the end.

Originally posted by The_Tempest
The plot of TFA sucked, though.
If this movie sucks, I'll definitely let you know.

I mean, okay, but there's zero consistency now. Every director does whatever he wants.

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Won't work. This guy thinks the Hunger Games Movies were Really Good!

Just tell him you don't want to go then. He's beyond redemption if he thinks those movies were good.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 08:29 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Psychotron
It actually is.

Ah damn.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 08:32 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Good Point. I should have tossed him to the cub when he told me he thought the Prequels were better then the OG Tril.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 08:32 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I can't wait for your thoughts in particular about this scene.

Oh man, not even more piqued. Must. Resist. Spoilers. Doh.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 09:22 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i am even going to bother with those spoilers.. they could very well be fake

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 09:59 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i am even going to bother with those spoilers.. they could very well be fake

Mate, there's cam footage of all of them on Reddit. But go ahead, waste your money if you want. I already did.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 10:05 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Arguably the most surprising scene in the movie.

Spoilers beware.
Originally posted by Robtard
So tempted. But no. Thanks for the warning.
Such a waste, just like everything else in this movie.

I don't give a shit, so I watched it. Yeah, it's stupid.

This is what Star Wars is now, apparently. No interesting characters of stories, just "Big reveals" that are actually just stupid [SPOILER - highlight to read]: death scenes. And it immediately proves Snoke to be full of shit. That's kind of dumb.. It was the same thing with [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Han Solo in TFA. Stupid death scene.

Last edited by Patient_Leech on Dec 13th, 2017 at 11:10 PM

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 11:05 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

i called it way back when TFA came out that Snoke would be a little *****; glad to be proven right, glad they tried to deviate from palpatine but what a waste of a potentially good character although ill be interested to see how Kylo does as the big bad leader of the First Order in 9

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 02:03 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

I just read all the spoilers, glad I didn't plan on seeing this anyways. laughing out loud

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 02:07 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Originally posted by relentless1
i called it way back when TFA came out that Snoke would be a little *****; glad to be proven right, glad they tried to deviate from palpatine but what a waste of a potentially good character although ill be interested to see how Kylo does as the big bad leader of the First Order in 9

I just can't take him seriously. He's a whiny manchild and he got spanked by an untrained Rey in TFA.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 07:48 AM
Dr Will Hatch

I've been fully spoiled on this movie, and what I saw/read f.ucking sucks. I will not be going to see this, and I can say with confidence that the Sequel Trilogy is officially worse than the Prequel Trilogy ever was.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 07:57 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Agreed. I'm talking all my friends out of seeing this mockery of Star Wars.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 08:37 AM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

For those interested : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip1XSaedCu8

Spoiler filled review watch at own risk

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 10:10 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
For those interested : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip1XSaedCu8

Spoiler filled review watch at own risk

The thing with [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Leia flying through space with the force sounds pretty hilariously stupid.. haha. laughing out loud And Rose does sound horrible, another case of Disney ruining things. The guy sure trashes the movie a lot after saying he liked it. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: And why did Rey need training? She obviously had already been trained in TFA.

The movie sounds really goofy.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 11:04 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Todd1700

Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
I've been fully spoiled on this movie, and what I saw/read f.ucking sucks. I will not be going to see this, and I can say with confidence that the Sequel Trilogy is officially worse than the Prequel Trilogy ever was.

Nothing could be worse than the prequels. A 2-hour film of someone digging in a dog's ass with a popsicle stick would be better than the prequels.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 04:43 PM
Todd1700 is currently offline Click here to Send Todd1700 a Private Message Find more posts by Todd1700 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Todd1700
Nothing could be worse than the prequels. A 2-hour film of someone digging in a dog's ass with a popsicle stick would be better than the prequels.

You're into some kinky stuff.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 04:46 PM
Psychotron

TLJ makes the prequels look like masterpieces.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 05:42 PM
Todd1700

TLJ makes the prequels look like masterpieces.

You might as well be telling me that the Last Jedi cures the cancer leukemia and male pattern baldness of anyone who sees it. Because that is just as likely as anything making the prequels look like a masterpiece

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 06:16 PM
Todd1700 is currently offline Click here to Send Todd1700 a Private Message Find more posts by Todd1700 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
way77

I can't wait to see it . Is it good?

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 06:44 PM
way77 is currently offline Click here to Send way77 a Private Message Find more posts by way77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

You might as well be telling me that the Last Jedi cures the cancer leukemia and male pattern baldness of anyone who sees it. Because that is just as likely as anything making the prequels look like a masterpiece

Breh, I hate the prequels, and I hate TLJ more. The movie literally renders the events of the OT moot. Luke could have stayed on Tattooine and the end result for the galaxy would have been pretty much the same. What's worse is that Luke's entire character is gutted to make way for MaRey Sue as the *true* new hope of the Jedi.

And as for the filmmaking it self, Rian Johnson doesn't know how pacing works, there are so many juxtaposed scenes that it feels schizophrenic. He completely distroyed any interesting settups from TFA just for cheap shock value too. Oh, and I hope you love quips, TLJ might as well be Guardians of the Galaxy 2 in that respect. Even the old and depressed Luke and [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Yoda quip.

TLJ is offensive on so many levels.

Originally posted by way77
I can't wait to see it . Is it good?

Nope.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 07:00 PM