KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Started by: Firefly218

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (210): « First ... « 56 57 [58] 59 60 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
Yes he did. It further shows [SPOILER - highlight to read]: anyone can be a Jedi.

Stupid scene to end the film on though. Felt really weird.

Yeah, it was strange all right. Glad someone else caught it though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 04:26 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Haha.. seriously? You like that? laughing out loud

Why not find a way to [SPOILER - highlight to read]: gracefully retire her character?

well she had to get back onboard and that was the best way...

of course [SPOILER - highlight to read]: anyone can be a jedi
after all luke was a farmboy, anakin was a slave, etc....

start crying butthurt crybabies..
http://deadline.com/2017/12/the-las...ord-1202227654/

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Last edited by BruceSkywalker on Dec 16th, 2017 at 04:48 AM

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 04:41 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by carthage
Needs more dancing Baby Groot And poop jokes and Then Thor will like it
It would have elements from actual good films at least.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 05:00 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

Jedi tend to have training, to be fair.

I mean, you can say you liked the bit with [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Leia, but acting like it made sense or was at all foreshadowed is a bit of a stretch.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 05:47 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

On a different note, this is probably the worst William's Star Wars score yet. None of the new themes are good and it relies too heavily on older ones.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 07:34 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

The movie was shit. High points included basically every single scene kylo was in, but it was constantly being held down by the faux drama of the rebellion and more specifically the useless, meaningless subplot for Finn and Rose.

On the upside Ray was not too bad in this film, probably because she did not have nearly as much screen time and her overall relevance to the plot has been lessened considerably.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 07:39 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

One thing I haven't seen brought up here is [SPOILER - highlight to read]: where the hell are the other children that Kylo took? i.e. It was said that after Luke tried to kill him and Kylo fought back, that Ren killed some of the other apprentices, and took the rest of them with him... So where are the 'knights of Ren' now?

To be saved for episode 9 I guess. Too much of this film was rushed as it is to have them show up later too.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 07:51 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
One thing I haven't seen brought up here is [SPOILER - highlight to read]: where the hell are the other children that Kylo took? i.e. It was said that after Luke tried to kill him and Kylo fought back, that Ren killed some of the other apprentices, and took the rest of them with him... So where are the 'knights of Ren' now?

To be saved for episode 9 I guess. Too much of this film was rushed as it is to have them show up later too.
my immediate assumption is that they are the not crimson guard, but that's a fair point.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Dec 16th, 2017 at 08:01 AM

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 07:56 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

One of the better Star Wars films, IMO.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 09:01 AM
S_W_LeGenD is currently offline Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Okay I think enough time has passed for me to give a full review...

I'll keep it at 5/10, because I feel truly split on it and ultimately let down.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]:
1. Basically, along with TFA, they have taken 2 of the best characters in the lore (Luke and Han) and basically crapped all over them. Also, this new trilogy so far has basically made it so that NONE of the OT meant ANYTHING. AT. All....
What the hell was the point of "Winning"against the Empire. The rebellion essentially vanished and became completely inept after the OT....same thing they did to Luke.

2. Luke was portrayed HORRIBLY. He deserved better. It's clear why Mark Hamill fundamentally disagreed with pretty much everything JJ and Rain Johnson did to his character. Luke was ALWAYS fiercely loyal to those he loved; sometimes to a fault. He also faced down the 2 most powerful Sith of his era, and perhaps 2 of the strongest Sith of ANY era. And yet his Nephew shows some dark side in him and Luke is not only TERRIFIED of inept Kylo, but decided to MURDER HIM IN HIS SLEEP. Sure, he ended up not doing it and "Felling shamed" ooooooooh.. That makes it okay I guess. /s. Luke went from being the most powerful Jedi to a hermit that couldn't do anything right. He was inept and ineffectual. Sure, his last feat of projecting himself across the galaxy to fool Kylo was great....but it wasn't satisfying...especially with the way he just vanished afterwards..... I expected more from Luke, and really he deserved to live on to the Ep. 9 at least.

3. Rey and Kylo's force connection was FORCED and honestly was quite silly. I didn't buy for one instant that Rey would start to "connect"with Kylo and start liking him after what he did. Meh. Some people like it; I thought it was forced.

4. Snoke dying was underwhelming to say the least. Personally I always saw him as a joke anyway....he looked stupid and his name is stupid. And he was basically TFA's Emperor fill in. However, he was not impressive really at all. And he died in a completely humiliating way. I guess we won't find out much information about who he was or why he was or really anything about him other than that he was full of hubris and incompetent.

5. Luke dying was also a joke. Meh, I'm not impressed with Luke in this movie at all; aside from his projection feat he was really not the Luke I grew up with and despite a stellar performance from Mark Hamill; I understand why he hated what they did with his character....

6. Leia's Superman move was HILARIOUSLY CRINGEY.....FFS people in my theater were laughing at how dumb it looked and really was. I'm not against her using the Force at all; in fact I WANTED her to used the force but that scene was ridiculously stupid.

7. The sideplot with Finn and Rose was really, really stupid and unnecessary. Also, Finn was the butt of jokes a bit too much for my liking. At least they stopped making him a joke halfway through. And he did defeat a really underwhelming Phasma so there is that....still, Finn was a letdown for me; I wanted a better showing and arc...

8. I liked Rose...alot of people hate her for some reason but I really liked her. Hope she survived (I think she did).

9. I was happy overall with Poe. I was worried he'd get the shaft again but overall I thought he was fine. And I liked Benicio Del Toro's character alot as well. Not sure why people hate on him so much...because he was a traitor? Meh, I enjoyed that about him. He was unique and I want to see more of him.

10. Again, my biggest problem with this movie and TFA before it is what they'd done to the legacy of the OT. Basically, Sith and Jedi are useless and might as well never have existed....The Rebellion winning ultimately was meaningless and pointless. Luke and Han and to some extent Leia were all underwhelming and basically not really worth even being in the new trilogy....'

Anyway, I have a LOT more issues than that about this movie but there were also some good things. Without spoiling I'll list the positive:

1. Visuals. This movie is gorgeous to look at and a visual experience.
2. Certain new characters like Rose and DJ I actually liked, though many didn't
3. Certain scenes are great and crowd pleasers.

Overall, there is a lot here that is GOOD, but unfortunately (at least for me) much that is also NOT good. That is why I am ultimately giving this movie a 5/10. It's divisive and I can't call it a good film. At least not to me.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Last edited by CPT Space Bomb on Dec 16th, 2017 at 09:28 AM

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 09:21 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gehenna
Sorgo

quote:
Is it that bad? I wasn’t a big fan of TFA, but I thought R1 was decent.

That depends on you. I thought it was really well done and took some pretty cool risks that could be explored to a good outcome or a shit outcome. The final installment will really be a deciding factor for how everything fits into place, I think.

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 09:29 AM
Gehenna is currently offline Click here to Send Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gehenna
Sorgo

As it's own film? The same, imo. Amazing. I loved it.

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 09:30 AM
Gehenna is currently offline Click here to Send Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGrat1

The first 2/3 of this film were fu*king boring. My mind could not put it into words at the time but after I walked out I knew. Somewhere around the time Finn was [SPOILER - highlight to read]: on Space Monaco I was wondering: "Where are the STAR WARS?!?! You know? An actual war among the stars?" I was expecting to see a science fiction movie. What I was getting at that moment felt like an sjw student film with a dash of a PETA psa. And don't get me started on that fleet chase. One of the dumbest things I have ever seen in a film. Did any of these writers ever crack a physics book in their life? Even reading the forward might have clued them in to the retardation they were putting on screen.

It definitely had strong highlights in the closing act, though. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: The lightspeed ram was awesome. Kylo killing Snoke was clever if a bit anticlimactic. Decent lightsaber action even if a bit implausible.

Might post more detailed thoughts later. Might not. Not all that intetrsted, honestly.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 09:48 AM
TheGrat1 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGrat1 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGrat1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Another disappointment for me unfortunately.

Rogue One is the only Disney Star Wars film that gets a Thumbs up from me.

What would you give it out of 10?

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 10:22 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

Yes start crying butthurt fanboys:

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-la...ence-score/amp/

https://movieweb.com/amp/star-wars-...e-score-lowest/

stick out tongue

Honestly I know audience scores can’t really be trusted. But it is interesting how ridiculously low this films score of than TFA’s or R1’s.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 11:11 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gehenna
Sorgo

Oh well. Most of what I've encountered when it comes to criticisms of the film is pretty depressing, like, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: "Luke tried to kill Kylo which isn't his character at all" or "how come Luke didn't force-project himself to save Han or somewhere else" or "Why didn't Yoda contact Luke earlier" among other completely wrong/bad critiques of TLJ.

Some of the mentions of flaws are valid but I haven't seen anything solid (or even accurate) enough to suggest this movie is so terrible. It's overblown, per usual. Everyone who has a keyboard in front of them thinks they're a groundbreaking critic because they repeat generic copy/paste circle jerk phrases like, "Disney deposited X amount of money into your account" or "Mary Poppins in Space" or whatever the fuck else.

I'm thoroughly bored of greenhorn critics thinking they're Ebert or some shit. Criticize all you want. Nothing wrong with that. Just don't pretend you're right, like it is something you can be "correct" about and everyone else is nuts for enjoying or seeing value in this SW installment.

Nothing ever ends.

Last edited by Impediment on Dec 16th, 2017 at 03:00 PM

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 12:08 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Well, one thing for sure.

Quan won't be wearing his Snoke sig again.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 12:22 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: So where are the 'knights of Ren' now?

Just a guess... [SPOILER - highlight to read]: maybe they were promoted to Snoke's Royal Guard.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 12:40 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gehenna
Sorgo

PM'd a mod about mistakenly leaving those spoilers up. Forgot to add the tags last minute. To those who saw them, my apologies. Foolish mistake.

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 03:02 PM
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by The Lost
PM'd a mod about mistakenly leaving those spoilers up. Forgot to add the tags last minute. To those who saw them, my apologies. Foolish mistake.

PM received and I edited your post.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 03:05 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote