KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Started by: Firefly218

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (210): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flyattractor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Non.

Nee!

Old Post Jan 10th, 2017 11:54 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Nee!
Negative.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2017 12:54 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by quanchi112
Negative.

A Positive.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2017 07:16 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Flyattractor
A Positive.
Quit being wrong.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2017 01:48 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Darth Thor
First plot details:

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...pisode-viii/amp

That bit about Rey and Luke just sounds like a revamp of the Luke/Yoda training bit from the OT. Hopefully, I am wrong though, and they take it in a fresh direction. I enjoyed TFA, but it did heavily retread things we have already seen.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2017 02:13 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
That bit about Rey and Luke just sounds like a revamp of the Luke/Yoda training bit from the OT. Hopefully, I am wrong though, and they take it in a fresh direction. I enjoyed TFA, but it did heavily retread things we have already seen.

I think problem was TFA pretty much set up an ESB type story for Ep.8.

Regardless can't wait to see Luke again. He will be the ultimate combination of Ben and Yoda, and he will save Episode 8.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2017 04:55 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I think problem was TFA pretty much set up an ESB type story for Ep.8.

Regardless can't wait to see Luke again. He will be the ultimate combination of Ben and Yoda, and he will save Episode 8.
You have zero faith in the villains and anyone outside Luke. For shame. As I said you are stuck in the Ot. Living in the past. Snoke and Kylo Ren are the present and the future.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2017 05:44 PM
Flyattractor

I bet that Phasma will make her big comeback, and take over the entire First Order and be totally bad ass.....that or fall down another garbage chute....

Old Post Jan 11th, 2017 05:51 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Lucasfilm has no plans to digitally recreate Carrie Fisher for Episode 9

http://www.superherohype.com/news/3...fisher#/slide/1

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 03:01 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Probably for the best. Regardless of what R1 superfans say, Leia and even more-so Tarkin were pretty jarring as such.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 07:59 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yeah, Still need alot more work on that technology.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 08:03 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Probably for the best. Regardless of what R1 superfans say, Leia and even more-so Tarkin were pretty jarring as such.

It's for the best, but not for the reasons you're giving.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 08:04 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Nah. They still have a ways to go on improving the effects and technology for CG'ing such characters as mentioned, and after R1 I feel I couldn't be further from right to not want to see a CG Leia in episode 9.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 08:11 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I say they should just CGI in Young Harrison Ford for the Han Solo movies instead of finding a young actor.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 08:13 AM
Darth Thor

Nah. They still have a ways to go on improving the effects and technology for CG'ing such characters as mentioned, and after R1 I feel I couldn't be further from right to not want to see a CG Leia in episode 9.

On close inspection you can tell he's CGI, but who cares? Jar Jar and Watto looked like cartoons when TPM first came out (think those effects have improved a little on blu-ray), but people generally still get wowed by breakthrough special effects.

Heck the CGI characters still clearly looked CGI in Avatar, but again people were wowed.

That's not the issue. The issue is, a whole film of her old self as CGI just 2-3 years after she passed would seem distasteful. If however it was just 1 or 2 scenes added to Ep. 8 to finish her story off (like they did with Paul Walker). The latter no one would have any issues with IMO.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 08:42 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Heck the CGI characters still clearly looked CGI in Avatar, but again people were wowed.

That's because it was CGI done good, Like Gollum in the LOTR's.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 09:03 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Kazenji
That's because it was CGI done good, Like Gollum in the LOTR's.

Done well, Kaz.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 11:37 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Meh, Whatever works.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 02:00 PM
quanchi112
Disney

D. Thor thinks the cgi from rogue one was amazing and that the lowered budgeted special effects of Rogue One were superior to TFA. Kid is a fanboy and hates TFA.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 03:15 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Total fanboy, yeah.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 03:47 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote