KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » DC is missing out on an imprint with potential

DC is missing out on an imprint with potential
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

DC is missing out on an imprint with potential

The future.

Thats territory DCs never really exploited.
I'd have a group of books set in the LoSH era, under the umbrella of The New31, or the DcFU...

Legion of Super Heroes
Obviously the flagship title.
This is a book thats proven it can work, given a good creative team, and since this is all hypothetical, it would have one.
The Wanderers
That OTHER super team.
I'd keep them out in deep space, maybe give them a Morrison DP feel, in that they'd run across the creepy and obscure.
Sodam Yat
The adventures of the last Green Lantern.
This is a character that could bridge the gap between the two team books, going everywhere from earth to deep space.
Robotman
The Buck Rogers of DC in this setting, except he wasnt asleep.
He could be the eyes we see 31st century earth through. He'd be planet side, an outdated concept dealing with villains and problems the Legion never touches, as their focus is always beyond the horizon.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 11th, 2016 11:34 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

I think the big problem here is Legion doesn't seem to sell well anymore.

I mean even the core title didn't last past the first few DCNu waves and is only just coming back with Rebirth.

A lot of people just don't care for the Legion/future DCNu anymore, which is a shame considering some of the awesome runs from the past show that it can be an excellent book.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 12:39 AM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

A Legion run or at the very least, LOSH involvement was hinted at Rebirth #1.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 02:04 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

They never managed to market the legion.

There are a lot of good LOSH comics, but they're aesthetically very unappealing. Poorly designed characters clearly made many, many decades ago.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 07:45 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

What a buncha negative nellies. laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 11:25 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

LoSH is always one of my favorite team books. They have that Fantastic 4 thing, where the quality of the stories doesn't match the sales, though.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 11:50 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote