KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Massive Exar Kun telepathy feat.

Massive Exar Kun telepathy feat.
Started by: AncientPower

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ziggystardust
Restricted

Account Restricted

So the 600 million figure is looking like a greater possibility thumb up

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 12:03 PM
Click here to Send Ziggystardust a Private Message Find more posts by Ziggystardust Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

That seems excessive. erm

If I was to put a label on it, it'd be a few million at the very highest, due to the size of the city and the planet's placement in such a vital thoroughfare of the galaxy.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 12:13 PM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

AP, I'd like you to explain why no one should share the recalcitrance you had for Sheev's Force storm feat for this one here. If anything, Sheev's was far more straightforward and you still openly rejected it on a basis that you now claim shouldn't apply here because Star Wars is a fantastical IP.

This is a pretty blatant double standard.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 12:26 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

It's a lot easier to just claim the other one ("consuming all of space") is hyperbole, lol.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 12:28 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

thumb up

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 12:32 PM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AncientPower
Lol we have evidence of how their system works, its a network that is monitored by technicians. The population is 310,000,000,000, thats a lot of scanning and monitoring, even moreso during a war with a super power.
Uhuh still waiting for a source that states it's one big network.

Which is a widely inaccurate figure if dated to modern times, and considering that no, we have no clue how much man power is required to surveil a city of this size, my guess remains as good as yours

Still sticking with 100-200. smile

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 12:37 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

'guess' laughing out loud

Your thinly veiled attempts at lowballing everything Exar Kun has ever done, are rather obvious.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 12:41 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Lmao concession accepted.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 12:43 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

How can I concede a stance I never made, you bloody imbecile. Difference between you and me, I actually listened to the audio drama.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 12:56 PM
The_Tempest

Originally posted by SunRazer
It's a lot easier to just claim the other one ("consuming all of space") is hyperbole, lol.

I'mma call bullshit. This feat of Kun's, like the last, has more holes than Swiss cheese. Sheev's feat is hilariously straightforward in comparison and the Kunts subjected themselves to punitive mental contortions to try to disregard it.

And anybody can look at any feat and say "lol hyperbole" pretty effortlessly. So then you have to ask: why is it hyperbole? And the reason cited is that it seems outlandish.

Yet AP says we can't dismiss feats for being outlandish in a fantastical IP.

So it's a pretty obvious double standard and there's no escaping it. The Kunts need to grow a pair and make the case or concede.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 12:57 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Lol, you treating the cases as similar is beyond ridiculous.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 12:58 PM
The_Tempest

You should try actually discussing the issue instead of evading it. Even 'Strap, who, like you, thinks the Sheev Force storm feat is bunk, regards your behavior here as pretty hypocritical.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 12:59 PM
Ziggystardust
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by The_Tempest
I'mma call bullshit. This feat of Kun's, like the last, has more holes than Swiss cheese. Sheev's feat is hilariously straightforward in comparison and the Kunts subjected themselves to punitive mental contortions to try to disregard it.

And anybody can look at any feat and say "lol hyperbole" pretty effortlessly. So then you have to ask: why is it hyperbole? And the reason cited is that it seems outlandish.

So it's a pretty obvious double standard and there's no escaping it. The Kunts need to grow a pair and make the case or concede.

Clearly there is a difference between doing a feat - and saying you can do something. Regardless. When it comes to intellectual argumenti - please realise - that this is only a few shades ahead of Zoltan telling other users to kill self - for the blasphemous notion of having an opinion removed from his own. Now Beni, before you continue making numerous fallacies in single sentence dismissals, let me tell you why misrepresenting someone's argument - which is what you’re doing right now - is not the same as countering it. This is important. Now there are essentially two modes of refutation. The modes are 1 - ad rem. 2 - ad hominem. That is to say; you may show either that the proposition is not in accordance with the true nature of things - with absolute objective truth - or that it is inconsistent with other statements or admissions of our opponent - with truth as it appears to him. The latter mode of arguing - ad hominem - produces only a relative conviction, and makes no difference whatever to the objective truth of the matter. Now I’m aware deeper concepts spelled out with big boy words tend to overload that hamster wheel in your cranium, so let me spell it out.

Palpatine has nothing to do with this thread, so please stop crying about him.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 01:00 PM
Click here to Send Ziggystardust a Private Message Find more posts by Ziggystardust Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ziggystardust
Restricted

Account Restricted

* I accidentally referred to you as Beni.

I would apologise, but at this point there is not much difference.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 01:01 PM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Nah. The last one was up for debate, but in this one, the only thing up for debate is how many people were blinded.

Sheev's feat straightforwardly contradicts what the quote says, indeed. Or do we take the quote that claims Yoda tried to defeat Tyranus with the Force on Geonosis but failed?

As for Kun, I doubt it's hyperbole because it's supposed to something that fills in missing story context. I'm assuming that everything AP said regarding the context of the quote is true, of course.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 01:01 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Because taking a feat at face value, when it has precedent, is not remotely the same as taking an accolade at face value, when the accolade in question is clearly hyperbolic, as the canonical description of what the accolade regards contradicts the notion of the accolade itself.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 01:04 PM
Ziggystardust
Restricted

Account Restricted

UHHHGGH AP - BUT SHEEVE.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 01:05 PM
The_Tempest

Originally posted by SunRazer
Nah. The last one was up for debate, but in this one, the only thing up for debate is how many people were blinded.

Sheev's feat straightforwardly contradicts what the quote says, indeed. Or do we take the quote that claims Yoda tried to defeat Tyranus with the Force on Geonosis but failed?

As for Kun, I doubt it's hyperbole because it's supposed to something that fills in missing story context. I'm assuming that everything AP said regarding the context of the quote is true, of course.

First, good for you for conceding that.

Second, there is no contradiction between Sheev's feat and the quote, otherwise I would agree.

Third, whether or not Kun is lying or misrepresenting facts is irrelevant to my point here. I'm wanting you to justify your double standards and, so far, I haven't seen anything beyond "it totes makes Kun look cooler."

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 01:07 PM
Ziggystardust
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm wanting you to justify your double standards

Syndicate did it better tbh.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 01:09 PM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

First, good for you for conceding that.

Second, there is no contradiction between Sheev's feat and the quote, otherwise I would agree.

Third, whether or not Kun is lying or misrepresenting facts is irrelevant to my point here. I'm wanting you to justify your double standards and, so far, I haven't seen anything beyond "it totes makes Kun look cooler."

1. Alright.

2. The comic doesn't state or imply anywhere that there was a threat to all of space, which would portend a much greater threat that was illustrated in the comic. You didn't answer my question on Tyranus.

3. What double standards are you referring to, first? I didn't use AP's points in this thread, lol. For that matter, what the hell is your stance on why this quote is so unbelievable in the first place? I haven't bothered to keep up to date with all these pages of banter.

4. As for "it totes makes Kun look cooler", why is this not applicable to you when discussing how you immediately took on board the "all of space" quote?

Last edited by SunRazer on Jul 14th, 2016 at 01:14 PM

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 01:09 PM