KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Massive Exar Kun telepathy feat.

Massive Exar Kun telepathy feat.
Started by: AncientPower

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

"With the dark side I blinded every scanning technician in Cinnagar. They all watched me land and wipe out your little docking bay, and not one of them batted an eye!"

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 02:43 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Heh, this should be fun.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 02:44 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
"With the dark side I blinded every scanning technician in Cinnagar. They all watched me land and wipe out your little docking bay, and not one of them batted an eye!"

So every technician is staring directly at one hangar? laughing out loud

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 02:49 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Who knows. Maybe destroying a docking bay gets peoples attention of something.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 02:51 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys

He's bullshitting. The entire planet didn't see one ship landing, lol.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 02:53 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

The text suggests they were watching him prior to the destruction of the docking bay. erm

AP, provide a link to where Kun says it in the audio-drama so context can be applied.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 02:55 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

So you admit you were wrong about him just messing with the scanners, then?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 02:59 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

No. I find my theory more than likely. I'm just trying to get a sense of what you think.

However, the quote is so brief that various different interpretations can be applied.

I'm going to wait until AP provides a link before I state my definite position on the matter.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 03:05 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

The sole description of the feat explicitly states that you're wrong.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 03:08 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Be gentle Neph, Ant needs time to process this.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 03:24 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Hardly. The quote is too inconsistent and appears to be a blatant lie in some claims. The entire planet's technicians wouldn't be staring at the hangar, especially if the energy blasts were unnoticed like he also stated. Kun's claim seems to be more of himself flexing his muscles than accounting an actual story. All we know for sure is that whatever technicians monitoring the hangar didn't see the event happen. Why that is the case can't be reliably assessed.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 03:29 PM
Ziggystardust
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh lord.

This is very simple - Exar has can not literally know which technicians are motoring the hanger, unless he does a brain scan of every single one and picks out those individuals to manipulate. Easier solution - blind all of them to make sure no one can know what happened. The feat makes perfect sense.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 03:34 PM
Click here to Send Ziggystardust a Private Message Find more posts by Ziggystardust Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

But Kun can brain scan everyone to find out who are technicians rather than who work other jobs, are travelers, etc.?

Your point heavily supports mine.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 03:37 PM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

https://youtu.be/zd2m7yKuPDw

Skip to 52:50, I quoted the entire scene.

The fact nobody replied to a Sith battleship attacking the city, indicates that he isn't just making shit up.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 03:37 PM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ziggystardust
Restricted

Account Restricted

@Ant Which would be an equally impressive feat if he did. But he didn't. So can you please stop hurting our heads.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 03:38 PM
Click here to Send Ziggystardust a Private Message Find more posts by Ziggystardust Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Than why did he state specifically only technicians were affected? Why weren't the guards he was talking to also affected? He flashed the technology - clearly. thumb up

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 03:40 PM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Except he explicitly states that they all saw him land and attack the docking bay, but nobody 'batted an eye', because he dominated their minds and stopped them from reacting.

That couldn't possibly be more clear.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 03:42 PM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

He said all the technicians did that. Not everyone else.

The guards who watched him clearly reacted. He only affected the technicians according to him.

The notion he can specifically probe the minds of all the technicians in a city but no one else is ridiculous - as Ziggy pointed out.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 03:44 PM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Clearly he had an effect on the people watching his ship come in, not very difficult. When Kun reaches the Iron Citadel, nobody had any idea who he was or how he'd gotten there. Both Aleema and Ulic had no idea he was coming either.

Contrary to that, they instantly reacted to the Jedi star saber attack and the city went on alert.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 03:47 PM
Petrus
Debonaire Member

Yeah, the quote is pretty clear tbh.

"Do not go gentle into that good night"

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 03:48 PM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote