KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Hulk vs Thor

Hulk vs Thor
Started by: beatboks

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by abhilegend

Thor is now spider-man, joking and being tongue in cheek in the fight where he damn near killed one of his friends in cold blood.

Fraction Thor was many things, cheeky wasn't one of them.

The excuses are laughable.

That's EXACTLY what is was. Learn how to read. WTF would he say in a factual manner that he couldn't beat Hulk, only to beat and upgraded Hulk and another uber being a few minutes later? It was tongue and cheek sarcasm, which is not the same as Spiderman's wisecracking.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 05:03 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Thor is now spider-man, joking and being tongue in cheek in the fight where he damn near killed one of his friends in cold blood.

Fraction Thor was many things, cheeky wasn't one of them.

The excuses are laughable.

I know how u operate. You will stretch this out for linger than it deserves all the while muddying the waters. Let me be direct. How about you explain his statement before he smacked Nul into space. What did he mean by it? Zero in on what Thor said.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 05:04 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
I know how u operate. You will stretch this out for linger than it deserves all the while muddying the waters. Let me be direct. How about you explain his statement before he smacked Nul into space. What did he mean by it?

Oh. this ought to be good.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 05:05 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by Blue Area Vet

He's probably consulting his lawyer on how best to answer.

thumb up

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 05:11 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

I know how u operate. You will stretch this out for linger than it deserves all the while muddying the waters. Let me be direct. How about you explain his statement before he smacked Nul into space. What did he mean by it? Zero in on what Thor said.

He was angry at Hulk acknowledging his statement and used last of his strength to send him in space?

How the hell can anybody read that and think Thor was being cheeky? When did Thor become spider-man?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 05:38 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

He's probably consulting his lawyer on how best to answer.

thumb up

If only.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 05:39 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

That's EXACTLY what is was. Learn how to read. WTF would he say in a factual manner that he couldn't beat Hulk, only to beat and upgraded Hulk and another uber being a few minutes later? It was tongue and cheek sarcasm, which is not the same as Spiderman's wisecracking.

This is how it happens.

quote:
Thor: "haaah... haaaah. I... I cannot beat you, you know... and I never could."

Thor is breathing heavily and at the end of his endurance. He's struggling to get back to his feet. He's acknowledging that he "cannot" win this fight because he and the Hulk have always been equally matched ("I never could.") and the Hulk is now augmented by the Worthy hammer.

Hulk: "I... knew."

Hulk isn't acknowledging that they've ever been equals. His response is actually a claim that he's always been Thor's superior. ("I knew you never could beat me because I'm stronger/better than you.")

This angers Thor and gives him the adrenaline surge he needed for the final attack.

Thor: "DID YOU NOW."

But that final burst was everything he had left so he collapsed.

Thor didn't beat Hulk.

erm

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 05:42 PM
Decter

Thor wins

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 05:52 PM
Decter is currently offline Click here to Send Decter a Private Message Find more posts by Decter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Insane Titan
Blue area Vag is a Quanchi sock, confirmed thumb up
You are soooooo upset. laughing out loud

Stay on topic and try to keep your emotional outbursts self contained.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 06:12 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

This is how it happens.

Thor didn't beat Hulk.

erm
Bfr is a forum win. Are you not familiar with the rules even after all these years ?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 06:13 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Hulk returned to Earth under his own power, though. Thor just collapsed like a b!tch.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 06:16 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

PS. Is it true you murdered dmills? laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 06:17 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Hulk returned to Earth under his own power, though. Thor just collapsed like a b!tch.

Gravity is not Hulk's own power.

And Thor was dying.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 06:18 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

This is how it happens.

Thor didn't beat Hulk.

erm

Tongue in cheek doesn't necessarily mean he was being humorous. It also means means that a statement wasn't meant to be taken sincerely. Not sure why you keep bringing up Spider-Man.

Also not sure where u got that from, but here's Matt Fraction's official interview at Marvel.com regarding the brawl.

http://marvel.com/news/comics/16472/fear_fallout_5

He all but acknowledged Thor beating Nul/Angrir.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 06:24 PM
quanchi112
Disney

laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 06:32 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Tongue in cheek doesn't necessarily mean he was being humorous. It also means means that a statement wasn't meant to be taken sincerely. Not sure why you keep bringing up Spider-Man.

Also not sure where u got that from, but here's Matt Fraction's official interview at Marvel.com regarding the brawl.

http://marvel.com/news/comics/16472/fear_fallout_5

He all but acknowledged Thor beating Nul/Angrir.

Yes, tongue in cheek literally means humorous comment. Maybe you should see a dictionary.

Why would Thor start using sarcasm all of a sudden when previously it was "I'm gonna kill you" and "you were always a pain in the ass".

Fraction didn't even acknowledge that piece of dialog.

quote:
Marvel.com: Is Thor bluffing when he tells Hulk/Nul he can’t beat him and then taking his best shot or trying to lull him into a false sense of security knowing he can win?

Matt Fraction:_You tell me.

A master troll if there was one.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 06:33 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Thor won despite Hulk's upgrade and his help and that's casting aside Thor's own injuries.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 06:33 PM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

All sounds nice and dandy but canon points at Hulk performing better than Thor on most of their vs matches.

So in this regard canon evidence is just tossed aside for a nice piece of fan fiction on a forum fight

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 06:37 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
All sounds nice and dandy but canon points at Hulk performing better than Thor on most of their vs matches.

So in this regard canon evidence is just tossed aside for a nice piece of fan fiction on a forum fight

How do you mean? Thor's actually beaten him a few times.

Even when Hulk got him in that dream sequence Thor was still conscious.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 08:00 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Originally posted by krisblaze
How do you mean? Thor's actually beaten him a few times.

Even when Hulk got him in that dream sequence Thor was still conscious.

He has actually performed or looked better than Thor on their vs matches more often than not. That's what I have seen so far out of all of their vs encounters IMO

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Last edited by Rao Kal El on Jul 12th, 2016 at 08:26 PM

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 08:21 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote