KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Hulk vs Thor

Hulk vs Thor
Started by: beatboks

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Who gives a shit about Thor/Nul? Thor was dying, and Hulk was amped. Hardly a fair scenario.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 08:27 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
You are soooooo upset. laughing out loud

Stay on topic and try to keep your emotional outbursts self contained.
laughing at your own socks post, desperately pathetic troll tactic.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 08:29 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Insane Titan
laughing at your own socks post, desperately pathetic troll tactic.
Another blatant lie but you're not bright. Continue to be paranoid and think that's my sock. I'll enjoy your paranoia. Hulk wins.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 08:36 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Originally posted by quanchi112
Another blatant lie but you're not bright. Continue to be paranoid and think that's my sock. I'll enjoy your paranoia. Hulk wins.
quick switch to your other account laughing out loud.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 08:37 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

This thread didn't even make it 2 posts before the flaming and name calling started. I suggest everybody follow the rules.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 09:28 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Insane Titan
quick switch to your other account laughing out loud.
Hulk wins.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 09:42 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by krisblaze
Even if Hulk had beaten Thor in fear itself, which he very, very, very clearly did not, I don't see how that could've been used as an argument against Thor.

He was very wounded and had held back against Thing and Hulk who were both powered up.

Thor killed the Thing, sent Hulk into space and then passed out.

How this is an argument for the Hulk beating Thor is beyond me.

LOL at holding back.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 11:03 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

I wouldn't say Thor was tongue and cheek or holding back against Nul either. Look at his words...

(please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)

He's trying to kill Nul. Doesn't seem like holding back to me or lip service.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 11:10 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Another bait thread....how quaint

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 11:13 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Thor wasn't holding back, but he had a localized space time tear in his gut, so he obviously wasn't able to perform optimally.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 11:18 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by krisblaze
How do you mean? Thor's actually beaten him a few times.

Even when Hulk got him in that dream sequence Thor was still conscious.

LTBB wasn't a dream sequence.

And Thor was KTFO.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2016 04:41 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
All sounds nice and dandy but canon points at Hulk performing better than Thor on most of their vs matches.

So in this regard canon evidence is just tossed aside for a nice piece of fan fiction on a forum fight

No it doesn't. CANON points to the fact that they re even in all showings. There are JUST as many instances.

1. Journey into mystery 112 Hulk fights Thor who has had the enchantments of Mjilnor removed (he asked Odin to do so to face Hulk purely H2H) and all we got was a cavern collapse separating them for a while.

2. Avengers 3, Hulk and Namor DOUBLE team Thor and together can only match him. Hulk even comments that Namor is "a fool if he thinks he can take on Thor solo".

3.Submariner 35 another battle between the 2 with no out come. Hulk almost manages to separate Mjinor form Thor long enough to turn him back into Donald Drake but doesn't.

4. Defenders 10, they each grapple each other with neither able to even move the other for 90 minutes.

5.Hulk 255, 285 ,300 and 440 four fights in Hulk's own book where he doesn't manage to beat Thor.

6.Thor 385, 489 are two Thor titles that have no clear winner.

7. Fact Hulk's 2001 Annual is the first title in print where we see a clear win in a fight between these two. Ironically wee see a clear win for each of them. Thor takes the battle to another dimension where Hulk crushes him under rubble (seemed as I recall to KO Thor). The battle is rejoined after Thor revives and they go at it again, during which Thor calls down a lightning bolt to strike Hulk from behind and KO him.

8. In Hulk let the battle begin we again see Hulk win ( He grabs Thor's Mjilnor wielding hand and clobbers him with his own enchanted hammer). Thor wins again in fear itself (already mentioned by others).

Yet we hear this repeated garbage that canon has Hulk above Thor. HOW and WHEN. Stadard HUlk ( not World Breaker, or World War) against Standard Thor ( no Odin Force of warrior's madness)

Old Post Jul 13th, 2016 10:56 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Another bait thread....how quaint

Wasn't intended to bait. I wanted to address the misrepresentations in the "speed Thread". It was locked and badabing made it clear there were enough thor Superman Threads so as the misrepresentations were in relation to Thor and Hulk figured this would be a reasonable way to discuss it.

Obviously though it's gone over the edge, so maybe badabing could lock it now. Clearly you can't reasonably discuss Thor vs any herald level brick without a LOT of vitriol.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2016 11:10 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

@beatboks

It always ends up with someone putting an undue amount of focus on Thor looking worse after a pure H2H fight and ignoring the fact that he didn't even have his hammer.

5-10 years ago everybody seemed to more or less agree that the Hulk could never win if Thor used any of his powers.

With the influx of newer members and the departure of old more sensible posters it has turned into a fight that "Thor always loses".

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Jul 13th, 2016 11:11 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Originally posted by beatboks
No it doesn't. CANON points to the fact that they re even in all showings. There are JUST as many instances.

1. Journey into mystery 112 Hulk fights Thor who has had the enchantments of Mjilnor removed (he asked Odin to do so to face Hulk purely H2H) and all we got was a cavern collapse separating them for a while.

2. Avengers 3, Hulk and Namor DOUBLE team Thor and together can only match him. Hulk even comments that Namor is "a fool if he thinks he can take on Thor solo".

3.Submariner 35 another battle between the 2 with no out come. Hulk almost manages to separate Mjinor form Thor long enough to turn him back into Donald Drake but doesn't.

4. Defenders 10, they each grapple each other with neither able to even move the other for 90 minutes.

5.Hulk 255, 285 ,300 and 440 four fights in Hulk's own book where he doesn't manage to beat Thor.

6.Thor 385, 489 are two Thor titles that have no clear winner.

7. Fact Hulk's 2001 Annual is the first title in print where we see a clear win in a fight between these two. Ironically wee see a clear win for each of them. Thor takes the battle to another dimension where Hulk crushes him under rubble (seemed as I recall to KO Thor). The battle is rejoined after Thor revives and they go at it again, during which Thor calls down a lightning bolt to strike Hulk from behind and KO him.

8. In Hulk let the battle begin we again see Hulk win ( He grabs Thor's Mjilnor wielding hand and clobbers him with his own enchanted hammer). Thor wins again in fear itself (already mentioned by others).

Yet we hear this repeated garbage that canon has Hulk above Thor. HOW and WHEN. Stadard HUlk ( not World Breaker, or World War) against Standard Thor ( no Odin Force of warrior's madness)

1. - Thor ends up looking better

2.- thor ends up looking better

3.- hulk ends up looking better

4.- stalemate

5.- hulk clearly ends up looking better on all this comics iirc. And while not winning he ends up looking superior. In Hulk 440 is Hulk the one trying to reason with Thor, hulk 300 thor even uses lightning and accomplishes nothing, hulk 255 come on, hulk ends up looking superior, luckily for thor he ends up reverting into human form Hulk had the edge on this fight. Hulk 285 must be the dream sequence and I don't count dreams as canon so no fight in there.

6.- thor 385 hulk dominates thor who is fighting with no hammer edge goes to hulk, thor 489 thor had the advantage

7.- Annual 2001 hulk Ko or immobilize thor at least two times, thor won once

8.- LTBB clear win for the hulk, fear it self goes to Thor

Overall Hulk ends up looking superior on canon comics and I have been accused on kmc as a Hulk hater

Final score if I am counting correctly

Looking better or winning

Hulk 8
Thor 5

This is why I say that Thor without Mjolnir is no match for the Hulk

IMO anyway, you can agree or disagree with it. But that's my opinion and belive me I have no horse on this race and I used to believe that Thor should win until I decided to analyze their fights and hear other points of view.

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Last edited by Rao Kal El on Jul 13th, 2016 at 12:52 PM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2016 12:38 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
1. - Thor ends up looking better

2.- thor ends up looking better

3.- hulk ends up looking better

4.- stalemate

5.- hulk clearly ends up looking better on all this comics iirc. And while not winning he ends up looking superior. In Hulk 440 is Hulk the one trying to reason with Thor, hulk 300 thor even uses lightning and accomplishes nothing, hulk 255 come on, hulk ends up looking superior, luckily for thor he ends up reverting into human form Hulk had the edge on this fight. Hulk 285 must be the dream sequence and I don't count dreams as canon so no fight in there.

6.- thor 385 hulk dominates thor who is fighting with no hammer edge goes to hulk, thor 489 thor had the advantage

7.- Annual 2001 hulk Ko or immobilize thor at least two times, thor won once

8.- LTBB clear win for the hulk, fear it self goes to Thor

Overall Hulk ends up looking superior on canon comics and I have been accused on kmc as a Hulk hater

Final score if I am counting correctly

Looking better or winning

Hulk 8
Thor 5

This is why I say that Thor without Mjolnir is no match for the Hulk

IMO anyway, you can agree or disagree with it. But that's my opinion and belive me I have no horse on this race and I used to believe that Thor should win until I decided to analyze their fights and hear other points of view.

Then your whole basis is flawed. You are leaning heavily on their matches that involve no Mjolnir. This fight is full power Thor and not diminished in anyway.

Also Defenders 35 and Hulk 255 were stalemates. It's puzzling to me why you think Hulk came out better.

They also had a short fight in The Savage Hulk one shot. A clear stalemate. Thor was using Mjolnir albeit not really intending to hurt Hulk.

And just for reference, Thor briefly dominated 2 alternate timeline Hulks in Avengers Season One. Gravage and Savage Hulks. Just sayin..

Last edited by celeyhyga17 on Jul 13th, 2016 at 02:02 PM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2016 01:55 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Who gives a shit about Thor/Nul? Thor was dying, and Hulk was amped. Hardly a fair scenario.

Nul was hardly at World Breaker levels.

HoTM Hulk is still the best Hulk.

And his collateral damage with Betty in the dark dimension was way, way, WAY better than Thor's more gradual collateral damage against Gorr.

Hulk is orders of magnitude stronger than Thor at his best. It's really not even close.

By feats, he is a lot faster on his feet than Thor as well, mostly due to the feats Mark Waid gave him.

If we are using them at their absolute best, with a .5 km starting distance....Hulk wins.

Thunderclap is quicker to do than anything Thor can pull off. Thor will be off balance and hurt before he can pull off a single lightning bolt. And then Hulk easily covers the distance gap and stays on Thor like white on rice.

There's not going to be any time or distance for Thor to try to pull off his slow soul drain that barely even has any appearances.

No guarantee it would even work. Hulk has no-sold esoteric stuff all the time and IIRC has at least a couple of soul defense feats as well.

Hulk is Thor's better. That is what Marvel thinks in pretty much every medium.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2016 02:14 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Originally posted by CosmicComet

And his collateral damage with Betty in the dark dimension was way, way, WAY better than Thor's more gradual collateral damage against Gorr.

Hulk isn't world breaker here, so that doesn't really matter.

Hulk is orders of magnitude stronger than Thor at his best. It's really not even close.

Sure it's close. It's been close in just about every encounter.

Hulk is stronger, but far from "orders of magnitude".

By feats, he is a lot faster on his feet than Thor as well, mostly due to the feats Mark Waid gave him.

A few running feats from Hulk?

Thor's just as fast only he flies. He hasn't run in 30 years so I don't see how that would come up in a fight...

If we are using them at their absolute best, with a .5 km starting distance....Hulk wins.

We're not using them at their "absolute best". They're fighting to the best of their ability. Are you new?

Thunderclap is quicker to do than anything Thor can pull off. Thor will be off balance and hurt before he can pull off a single lightning bolt. And then Hulk easily covers the distance gap and stays on Thor like white on rice.

Thunderclap is not enough to hurt Thor.

Thor is faster and has better range/accuracy on his attacks.

There's not going to be any time or distance for Thor to try to pull off his slow soul drain that barely even has any appearances.

Thor doesn't need soul drain, which would instantly kill the Hulk, because he has overwhelming power.

Not even close.

Thor fights foes out of the Hulk's league, can call upon far greater amounts of power and is far more versatile.

The only chance the Hulk has is if they fight hand to hand, which they won't. Thor is fighting to the best of his ability and can kill the Hulk with any number of energy blasts, lightning bolts, or absorptions/whatever.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Jul 13th, 2016 02:29 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

The only Herald I question when it comes to battling Hulk is Superman. Hulk is to Marvel what DC is to Superman. Superman and his fans are my threat when it comes to my character. Thor, I can't see it. Thor, I can't see him pulling this off. No knock against him, but, he is no Hulk. Hulk is the most powerful being on the planet with Thor following him. With that said, someone bump the Superman vs Hulk thread so that we can get this debating started (Hulk still wins).

Old Post Jul 13th, 2016 02:44 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

No guarantee it would even work. Hulk has no-sold esoteric stuff all the time and IIRC has at least a couple of soul defense feats as well.

Read some Thor.

The things you spout at times are so cringeworthy all I can do is smdh..

Old Post Jul 13th, 2016 02:46 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote