KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Was Mace Windu beating Palpatine a fluke?

Was Mace Windu beating Palpatine a fluke?
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SunRazer
Outer God

Sidious wasn't deformed, as least not in Legends. His "true face" was revealed by the Lightning.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 01:46 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SunRazer
Sidious wasn't deformed, as least not in Legends. His "true face" was revealed by the Lightning.

In Canon it's both.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 09:20 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Outer God

It's kind of both in Legends as well, but sources are more favorable towards the "true face" argument.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 09:21 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

That's probably true in Canon as well.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 09:24 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juyomaster34

Mace's win over Palpatine was no fluke.
Palpatine was beaten and bested by Mace due to Vaapad.
If it was Mace in the place of Yoda,Mace would still win.
Again due to Vaapad.

People think Vaapad is blind fury or blind ferocity,on so many levels they are wrong.
Vaapad is focus and ferocity,as well as control,calm but a deadly calm.
Its what I call a tranquil fury,the emotion is shown in the way he or she ferociously attacks and defends.

Sora was mislead in his version of Vaapad where his devolved back to Juyo,but with no control.
Even Dooku began to see the error of hate with no control or focus.
Another error is People think Juyo is weak or psychotic.

its neither of these. Juyo is the mastery of control not the loss of it.
Meaning you have to know when to attack and when not to attack.
Someone said Juyo was Ataru and Shien/Djem So mixed together.

Me personally,I think its Shii Cho,Makashi,Ataru,Shien/DjemSo w/Niman's fludity and Force Chained Attacks. Yes there is Force Attacks in Juyo. From What I seen personally from Juyo Masters and practitioners.

I wrote a Juyo/Vaapad respect article where I researched everything I could find on this form.
I just haven't put on here yet.

Palpatine was beaten.
The Future has many outcomes. Its not that easy to manipulate.
Palpatine said it best when he spoke of finding a apprentice.

SPOILER ALERT

Palpatine controlled,manipulated,and kept all three Sith apprentices from surpassing him.
Maul was trained as a weapon, not a Sith Lord.
More of a Sith Assassin and a Sith Marauder.
Again he was a Sith Lord in lip service not fully trained as a Sith Lord to replace Palpatine.

Dooku was no better he was just a place holder a means to an end.
Don't get me wrong Dooku,was a Sith Lord but not powerful enough to replace Palpatine,
Now we come to the hype that is Darth Vader.

I know yall ain't gonna like this,truth be told Vader is the worst of the 3.
Palpatine weakened Vader on purpose.
from the weak cybernetic limbs to not fully insulated armor that bearly protects him from
Force Lightning.

I know his cybernetic limbs have been upgraded.(by Vader himself).
The Armor too. Not that much anyway.
Not enough to shrug off a full Sith lightning assault in ROTJ,or before.

In Power, Vader's is limited due to his missing limbs.
I read that Vader's armor was imbued through Sith Alchemy by Palpatine.
So this could mean that Vader is feeding off the Dark Side through his Dark Armor
Or Palpatine imbued Vader with a small portion of his power.

Either both or one of the other Vader imo is not as powerful since he loss his limbs.
Anakin beating Palpatine is the true fluke because he didn't face his master in combat
he just picked him up and threw him down the reactor core.

Combat wise Vader truly uses what he has to win by any means necessary.
He is a tank and can give punishment just as he can take punishment.
He is not all unstoppable or invincible.

The strategy is not to only attack Vader,but attack his mind as well as his armor.
When the mind goes the body will follow.
You don't have to have all those ridiculous feats.

All you need is skill and strategy.
You don't have to be the strongest either.
Galen Marek proved that.
High Inquisitor Tremyne also proved this.

Imo Vader is more Dark Jedi than Sith Lord.
The Rule Of Two demands that the apprentice must surpass the master and take the title of DLOTS.
Palpatine brutally and cunningly made sure that neither of these Sith Apprentices surpassed him or gained further knowledge to do so.

If Mace and Palpatine duel again the outcome will be most definitely different.
Mace will use Vaapad,again but this time w/ an arsenal of defensive force powers to back it up.
The Amp or SCL (super conducting loop) will be similar to the first but stronger.

Because the Force is dark with specs of light here and there,
Mace is just one spec of light in all that darkness.
Yall know the drill Vaapad will use the dark allowing it to flow through him like a conduit,
and out again back to its source.

This time it will be in open space,where we will see Sith Juyo vs Jedi Vaapad,one more time
both Masters cutting lose and Vader again in the middle.
With Vader again betraying Mace.

Its gonna take Palpatine and Vader to kill Mace Windu,
Not just one or the other.
Imo,that's whats gonna happen with a timely interference from who?
Boba Fett,who imo will make the killing blow.
Who in my opinion will save Palpatine and Vader.

Boba Fett.the unseen factor who finally get revenge on Mace for killing
his father and keeping Mace's light saber as a trophy and souvenir.
I hate to say it but Boba Fett will be the one to kill Mace.
I rather see Boba Fett than Vader and Palpatine.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2016 09:54 PM
Click here to Send juyomaster34 a Private Message Find more posts by juyomaster34 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 20th, 2016 09:57 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Godwoken

juyomaster dropping bombs all over this ***** one more time.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2016 10:01 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Supreme Poster

Is is jumaster a legit real life poster ?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2016 10:11 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juyomaster34

Hello guys, I'm just voicing my opinion on the topic.
I admire Vader's you can't kill me and ok Palps you crippled me but imma show your
paranoid arse what to do in sitiutions like this attitude.

I can see why people love Vader, I mean the man is a survivor.
through and through. and always come back better than before.

seriously though Mace's return should be written as Boba Fett surprisingly finds out that Mace is still alive. Vader,inquisitors,and Boba hunt Mace.

Mace kills inquisitors, injures Vader,Palpatine intervenes w/Boba waiting in the shadows.
Palpatine beaten in light saber combat again,but this time injured not fatally,out of the shadows
to Mace's surprise a matured battle harden Boba Fett!!!

This will be talked about for yrs. Mace Windu vs Boba Fett.
If I was to kill Mace Windu I would want Boba Fett to do it.
I know Boba is not like Jango so it won't be quick,

It will be a fight I would pay to see.
It will be unimaginable and uninspected.
cunning,but tactical.

It will be a sad day all over again.
but a good fight to the end.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2016 11:05 PM
Click here to Send juyomaster34 a Private Message Find more posts by juyomaster34 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist

The Ellimist is online now!

up

Old Post Dec 29th, 2017 08:40 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

I think Mace and Yoda are a bit above Palpatine in sabers while Palpatine is above Windu with Force but Yoda is his equal in Force.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Dec 29th, 2017 08:58 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

mace can replicate the superconducting loop regardless of circumstance, but mace won due to sids letting him. Otherwise it was a stalemate.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2017 09:09 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Not_a_sock
Restricted

Account Restricted

It was no fluke but the circumstances were absurd, Sidious is undoubtedly his superior.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2017 10:48 AM
Click here to Send Not_a_sock a Private Message Find more posts by Not_a_sock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenDofPT
Restricted

Account Restricted

How is this a question? Mace Windu is extremely powerful but he have nothing on Palpatine.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2017 10:59 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenDofPT a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenDofPT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordOfTheLight

Mace is nearly as powerful as Yoda, by sources. There is no fluke to it. Mace did beat Palpatine, but circumstances helped him. As it is, there is no doubt that in power, Mace approaches the likes of Yoda/Palpatine.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2017 11:24 AM
Click here to Send LordOfTheLight a Private Message Find more posts by LordOfTheLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samappo

Mace used Anakin's fear as a shatterpoint. Palpatine planned it all along, or else he wouldn't have bothered dueling and just finished mace with The force.

The Sith are not placid stars but singularities. Rather than burn with muted purpose, we warp space and time to twist the galaxy to our own design. - Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 29th, 2017 11:29 AM
Click here to Send samappo a Private Message Find more posts by samappo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenDofPT
Restricted

Account Restricted

^^^

Member samappo is right. Palpatine could have easily defeated Mace Windu at any point. Member LordOfTheLight is delusional.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2017 11:32 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenDofPT a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenDofPT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Supreme Poster

No, it was a legit win fanboys need to justify in their delusional minds.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2017 03:30 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

To me it seemed that Sidious was above Mace in Sabers not only in force power. He killed 3 Jedi Masters in an instant before Mace could react and spared Mace for Anakin, as Mace was always "against" Anakin. Sure he might not have though that mace technique would ampt him after a while and make it a challange but from the go he was superior.
Mace is below Yoda in Sabers, canonically and obiously in Force too.

So Palpatine might have underestimated Mace in the beginning, due to his superior control of the force he wasn't worried and carried out his plan. He feigned weakness so Anakin helped him, and then he showed that he had much much more power left in him.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2017 04:06 PM
Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Supreme Poster

George Licas disagrees. Windu was always in the upper levels of dueling. Windu won. Get over it. Sidious lost and needed Anakin to save him.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2017 04:08 PM