KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Was Mace Windu beating Palpatine a fluke?

Was Mace Windu beating Palpatine a fluke?
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
George Licas disagrees. Windu was always in the upper levels of dueling. Windu won. Get over it. Sidious lost and needed Anakin to save him.

I agree with you quanchi about Mace being in the upper level of dueling and my point is neither contradicting what GL said nor what was shown.
Sid killed 3 Masters quickly. 4 vs 1. Enough time for Mace to amp from this dark side. That Sid had far more power lef to fight before “giving up“ was shown when he force fried Mace.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2017 04:41 PM
Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samappo

Originally posted by samappo
Mace used Anakin's fear as a shatterpoint. Palpatine planned it all along, or else he wouldn't have bothered dueling and just finished mace with The force.

The Sith are not placid stars but singularities. Rather than burn with muted purpose, we warp space and time to twist the galaxy to our own design. - Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 12:12 AM
Click here to Send samappo a Private Message Find more posts by samappo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Attack Snoke and I come

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
I agree with you quanchi about Mace being in the upper level of dueling and my point is neither contradicting what GL said nor what was shown.
Sid killed 3 Masters quickly. 4 vs 1. Enough time for Mace to amp from this dark side. That Sid had far more power lef to fight before “giving up“ was shown when he force fried Mace.
Sidious was unable to kill Windu because he was on his level. Wondu used his abilities to defeat Sidious., Sidious went from screaming he will kill him to changing his tune once he realized he couldn't best him. He needed Anakin so he had to play the victim once he realized he wasn't powerful to defeat Sidious on his own.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 02:04 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samappo

Mace used Anakin's fear as a shatterpoint. Palpatine planned it all along, or else he wouldn't have bothered dueling and just finished mace with The force.

The Sith are not placid stars but singularities. Rather than burn with muted purpose, we warp space and time to twist the galaxy to our own design. - Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 02:32 AM
Click here to Send samappo a Private Message Find more posts by samappo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

As Mace can factually compete with Sids, I highly doubt Sids could just one-shot him with the force.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 03:53 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Attack Snoke and I come

Speculative nonsense. Your opinion isn't a fact. Do better.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 05:19 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samappo

How is information from the novelisation speculative ?

It is well known by now that the shatterpoint Windu exploited was Anakin's. Such information from the novel is not speculative, it's what it said ...

As for the force, Sidious' lightning is described as being too much for Vaapad, and it's heavily implied that Sidious could eventually overpower Windu's blade, as it is described as literally bending back and almost touching Windu.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 08:40 AM
quanchi112
Attack Snoke and I come

How is information from the novelisation speculative ?

It is well known by now that the shatterpoint Windu exploited was Anakin's. Such information from the novel is not speculative, it's what it said ...

As for the force, Sidious' lightning is described as being too much for Vaapad, and it's heavily implied that Sidious could eventually overpower Windu's blade, as it is described as literally bending back and almost touching Windu.
Movie is canon. The novel is canon. It's speculation to say Sidious could have won. He didn't. He lost. He begged for his life. It does bend back but not enough to change Sidious from being the one on the receiving end of the fl. He was taking damage from the fl so please stop acting like the damage wasn't affecting him. He had no choice but to change his tactics.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 03:43 PM
Darth Thor

It does bend back but not enough to change Sidious from being the one on the receiving end of the fl.

The FL was hurting them both. That's clear in all sources.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 04:02 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Attack Snoke and I come

Originally posted by Darth Thor
The FL was hurting them both. That's clear in all sources.
Sidious was taking much more of the punishment and was massively scarring himself. He couldn't keep that up longer than Windu could deflect it.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 12:33 AM
Darth Thor

He couldn't keep that up longer than Windu could deflect it.

Says who?

Windu’s screaming hardly suggested he could hold it off indefinitely.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 12:42 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samappo

It wasn't scarring him retard, Sheev had been hiding that face all along.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 02:12 AM
quanchi112
Attack Snoke and I come

Says who?

Windu’s screaming hardly suggested he could hold it off indefinitely.
Sheev's face aside from the obvious.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 02:16 AM
quanchi112
Attack Snoke and I come

It wasn't scarring him retard, Sheev had been hiding that face all along.
That wasn't meant to be taken literally you retard.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 02:17 AM
YousufKhan1212

Too... Much... Trolling.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 03:05 AM
Click here to Send YousufKhan1212 a Private Message Find more posts by YousufKhan1212 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samappo

You're grasping at straws Windu fanboy.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 03:10 AM
quanchi112
Attack Snoke and I come

You're grasping at straws Windu fanboy.
I despise Windu as a character. He beat Sidious and your denial of the facts influenced by your bias would case a blind man to see.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 06:21 AM
quanchi112
Attack Snoke and I come

Originally posted by YousufKhan1212
Too... Much... Trolling.
Tell samappo to stop.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 06:22 AM
Darth Thor

Sheev's face aside from the obvious.

Ah yes. You’re favourite new argument nowadays “it’s obvious”

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 12:03 PM
quanchi112
Attack Snoke and I come

Ah yes. You’re favourite new argument nowadays “it’s obvious”
I have always said his scarred him. Trolls pretend it didn't do what we see on screen. Your opinion is based off bias not my own.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 01:26 PM