KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Where to rank Darth Maul

Where to rank Darth Maul
Started by: DarthDuelist9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

He should be relatively close to Vader and Kenobi as off Rebels per his performance vs Ahsoka. Not quite on par, but in their range.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 04:43 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Rebels/Prime Ashoka level. DD/Prime Vos level. ROTS Kenobi level.

Ahsoka would be closer to Ben Kenobi than ROTS Kenobi, no?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 04:44 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Ahsoka would be closer to Ben Kenobi than ROTS Kenobi, no?

I wouldn't think so. I think ROTS Kenobi was a near equal to Dooku. Dooku just always had his number in their fights making the difference between them seem much larger than it is.

Kind of like how the difference between Rebels Ben and Maul seemed a lot larger than it was from their fight. Ben just clearly had Maul's number in that fight. Not surprising as he was teaching Ashoka decades earlier how best to handle Maul.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Aug 23rd, 2017 at 10:04 AM

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 10:01 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nfactor1995
The N-Factor

Sub-Dooku, above the likes of Jinn, Fisto, Savage etc. Kenobi is probably his closest match/equal.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 12:44 AM
Click here to Send nfactor1995 a Private Message Find more posts by nfactor1995 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

SoD Maul is equal to ROTS Kenobi.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 07:29 PM
Click here to Send YousufKhan1212 a Private Message Find more posts by YousufKhan1212 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tempests dad
Restricted

Account Restricted

I rank this:
- Episode 3 Obiwan
- SOD Maul
- Rebels Obiwan
- TPM Maul, TCW Obiwan, TCW Maul

Old Post Mar 26th, 2018 09:06 PM
Click here to Send Tempests dad a Private Message Find more posts by Tempests dad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Pretty much confirmed now that hes Ahsoka level.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2019 01:01 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pretty much confirmed now that hes Ahsoka level.

Interesting. Source?

Old Post Oct 12th, 2019 03:19 PM
Click here to Send YousufKhan1212 a Private Message Find more posts by YousufKhan1212 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by YousufKhan1212
Interesting. Source?

Was referring to their upcoming fight in TCW final season which Filoni states will be an epic duel or some shit like that.

Plus they basically stalemated when they fought in Rebels.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2019 08:15 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Low tier

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 14th, 2019 05:28 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I don't even see how Maul can be debated as being on either Vader's or Dooku's level. Most of the time I've gotten the impression that he's about a peer of Obi Wan when he's not in the zone.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 14th, 2019 10:16 AM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Was referring to their upcoming fight in TCW final season which Filoni states will be an epic duel or some shit like that.

REBELS being inconsistent as **** doesn't help either.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 14th, 2019 08:04 PM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sounds like Filoni is wanking Ahsoka and is just hyping their fight. Rebels Ahsoka is rough equal to Rebels Maul who is weaker than his younger iterations due to being older and out of practise. A weaker iteration of Ahsoka can't be on par with a stronger iteration of Maul, but to be fair Matt Martin says fights are dictated by the script, not necessarily their combat prowess.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2019 02:34 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by YousufKhan1212
Sounds like Filoni is wanking Ahsoka and is just hyping their fight. Rebels Ahsoka is rough equal to Rebels Maul who is weaker than his younger iterations due to being older and out of practise. A weaker iteration of Ahsoka can't be on par with a stronger iteration of Maul, but to be fair Matt Martin says fights are dictated by the script, not necessarily their combat prowess.

Filoni doesnt give a shit about consistency though. He just plays favourites.

But yeah also remember Mauls line to Ahsoka in Rebels - Running again Lady Tano - so yeah Maul should win this one, but I dont trust Filoni one bit where any of his favourites are involved.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2019 04:02 PM
Zenwolf

That’s kinda what kinda grates me about the shows. I mean sure sometimes there was a clear showing of who was superior. But for the most part I felt like a lot of the fights you could never tell who had any kind of edge if at all. Makes it feel like the characters are stagnant.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Oct 15th, 2019 at 04:56 PM

Old Post Oct 15th, 2019 04:54 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lighter332
Jake Skywalker

Originally posted by Zenwolf
That’s kinda what kinda grates me about the shows. I mean sure sometimes there was a clear showing of who was superior. But for the most part I felt like a lot of the fights you could never tell who had any kind of edge if at all. Makes it feel like the characters are stagnant.

That's because they're inconsistent and Non-Canon.

- In the Revenge Of The Sith novelization, General Grevious is implied to be an incredibly dangerous Jedi-killer.

The prequel novel, Labyrinth Of Evil stated that Obi-Wan was one of the few Jedi who could survive against Grevious.

Then The Clone Wars (2008) series comes out and Obi-Wan and Grevious are dueling each other numerous times prior to the Battle Of Utapau and suddenly Anakin's nonexistent-Apprentice Ahsoka is dueling Grevious and making him look a lot less lethal than he actually is.

Both The Clone Wars and Rebels are Non-Canon - they contain inconsistencies that make them incompatible with the Films.

They are entertaining children's shows, but shouldn't be taken seriously as being part of the Saga.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 01:17 PM
Click here to Send Lighter332 a Private Message Find more posts by Lighter332 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ So to you Lucas stuff is non canon.

If only the Legends EU stuff is canon to you, then stick to that. No ones taking it away from you.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 01:26 PM
CaveDude33211

lol

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 02:02 PM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lighter332
Jake Skywalker

^ So to you Lucas stuff is non canon.

If only the Legends EU stuff is canon to you, then stick to that. No ones taking it away from you.

Revenge Of The Sith isn't Lucas stuff?

Could've sworn that was created and produced by George Lucas.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 02:11 PM
Click here to Send Lighter332 a Private Message Find more posts by Lighter332 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Lighter332
Revenge Of The Sith isn't Lucas stuff?

Could've sworn that was created and produced by George Lucas.

TCW was Lucas show.

Point is its the ROTS Novelisation that you seem to be taking as canon above the film itself. Which is cool and makes more sense within the old EU canon.

And I get Lucas always worked closely with the authors of the movie novelisations, so thats a bit of a grey area in terms of Lucas canon. But in the end Lucas canon was the 6 Episodic films and TCW series. Thats from his own mouth. And TCW retcons quite a bit of stuff in the ROTS novelisation.

That said, the ROTS Novel is epic though. If we combine the novelisations with the films for each episodic adventure then ROTS is by far the best Episode Imo.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 02:39 PM