KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Gladiator vs. Superman

Gladiator vs. Superman
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Gladiator vs. Superman

*DCEU Superman
*90's Animated Gladiator

(please log in to view the image)

vs.

(please log in to view the image)

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 17th, 2016 06:29 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSkYMaVcysI

No sells a punch from Juggeraut and sends him flying by tossing him across an entire lake

(Juggernaut can withstand being crushed by skyscrapers, backhand tanks with ease, lift buiildings, destroyed the X men mansion, and stomped Storm, Cyclops, Wolverine, Jubilee, Colossus, and Rogue)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M13GD3IWuic

Beats Rogue in a fight

No sells her smashing a large stone pillar on him, withstands tons of rubble falling on him, and then is seen standing with no damage and lifting her out of the rubble

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xprJ_6UCsLA

In this next clip Gladiator oneshots Rogue with Heat vision/KOs the Xmen with a gust of wind 1:43-1:47. 2:03 he carries Erik the Red's ship with one hand while flying,

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 17th, 2016 06:37 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Gladiator stomps.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jul 17th, 2016 10:17 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was prepared to give Superman the win figuring this would be the JLU version, but alas Gladiator does win this fight.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2016 05:39 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
I was prepared to give Superman the win figuring this would be the JLU version, but alas Gladiator does win this fight.

JLU version dies as well.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jul 30th, 2016 03:17 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RadZoa

Superman sends Gladiator to the afterlife.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2016 03:36 PM
RadZoa is currently offline Click here to Send RadZoa a Private Message Find more posts by RadZoa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
JLU version dies as well.

No not really, JLU Supes just plain has better high end feats.

Before you say "he wasn't hurt by Juggernaut" yes true, but Juggernaut isn't as physically strong as JLU Supes either. Hell even his heat vision has shown it can pierce massively durable people.

Last edited by Surtur on Aug 1st, 2016 at 12:17 AM

Old Post Aug 1st, 2016 12:13 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Did DCAU Superman do anything to put him on the level of casually slinging 30+ tons and smacking away 70+ tons with ease? Or just lifting an entire building?

A lot of his feats were fighting strong people. But I don't remember many pure feats from him.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2016 12:24 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Offhand he lifted a plane as it veered off course and smashed Darkseid through scores of buildings and hard enough into the ground to leave an impact crater, but tbf weaker fighters than Gladiator have given him issues like Aresia/Kalibak. Also this is DCEU Superman

Old Post Aug 1st, 2016 12:39 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol dude..70 tons? Heh. So if you remember Galatea she was the clone of Supergirl. Nothing was special about her, she was just aged into adulthood. So in one scene we see her casually holding, with one hand, 2000 tons. How do I know? The strength machine she was using told us the exact weight.

Superman has feats like holding an ocean liner with one hand(the first Amazo episode). Doomsday and Darkseid are durable enough to take hits from Supes(Doomsday wasn't even knocked back when Supes hit him his hardest in their first fight) yet Supes HV pierces both of them within seconds. He also has super speed as we see when he races Flash.

Also you bring up Kalibak, but on two separate occasions Superman 1 shotted Kalibak. First in the season finale of his own series, then in the JL episode where he "dies". He one shots Kalibak right after he had just defeated Wonder Woman.

Last edited by Surtur on Aug 1st, 2016 at 12:46 AM

Old Post Aug 1st, 2016 12:41 AM