KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thanos vs 1 Celestial (my added comment)

Thanos vs 1 Celestial (my added comment)
Started by: Bobandjim1260

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bobandjim1260

quote: (post)
Originally posted by golem370
I see the encounter as a Celestial not even paying attenion to Thanos best blast and then squashing like that one did to Loki in Reborn

The power level between Loki and Thanos is incredibly vast. If Thor was able to puncture Exitar's armor, I could see Thanos doing the same if not more. That's just how I see the battle going down. I believe that even the weakest Celestial is more powerful than base Odin (who is really only powerful and durable due to Odin Force). Given that, I know that Thanos would never attempt to fight a single Celestial like Eson or the Blue Celestial without having some sort of plan first. The durability of a Celestial (due to their size, armor, and power) is probably one of their most powerful assets.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2016 10:57 PM
Bobandjim1260 is currently offline Click here to Send Bobandjim1260 a Private Message Find more posts by Bobandjim1260 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

I go back to the confrontation between IG Adam Warlock and LT where Adam starts to power up blowing all the other cosmic being back but the Celestial a powerful show of durability even Lord Chaos or Master Order using the Celestial as a shield.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jul 17th, 2016 10:59 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

The Exitar deal imo wax pis other wise the comic book would have been nonsense to make

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jul 17th, 2016 11:01 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bobandjim1260

Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Technically Thanos would lose by self BFR then wouldn't he?

And also even if Thanos tries to fire back at the Celestial the Celestial is still firing at him. It won't give Thanos the opportunity like what happened with Galactus. Remember you've said that Thanos blocks the blast then fires back. But the Celestial won't stop.

If you consider Thanos running away a loss, then yes, he loses. I never said that Thanos would win a one on one battle against a Celestial. Thanos has been shown to fire while his shielding was up. This was shown in Thanos Quest against Champion (I believe), and during his battle against Omega.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2016 11:01 PM
Bobandjim1260 is currently offline Click here to Send Bobandjim1260 a Private Message Find more posts by Bobandjim1260 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bobandjim1260

The Exitar deal imo wax pis other wise the comic book would have been nonsense to make

As I stated, one of the most powerful attributes of a Celestial is their near unmatched durability. However, Doctor Doom also survived a blast from the Infinity Gauntlet due to his armor and shielding too.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2016 11:05 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by Bobandjim1260
If you consider Thanos running away a loss, then yes, he loses. I never said that Thanos would win a one on one battle against a Celestial. Thanos has been shown to fire while his shielding was up. This was shown in Thanos Quest against Champion (I believe), and during his battle against Omega.

My point was that even if he did fire while shielded it won't matter since the Celestial will just sit there forever since its for all intents and purposes immortal blasting away at him.

You didn't expand so much on the prep part. Could you elaborate a bit more on how you think he could win via prep please?

Old Post Jul 17th, 2016 11:07 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

Imo also pis I mean come on Doom tanks it yet Galactus, Stranger, and others get blasted back that is just BS.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jul 17th, 2016 11:08 PM
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Eh with prep I'd say Thanos could probably beat a Celestial. While they used to be way more enigmatic and beyond reproach, over the last 30 years we've seen Reed kill one with tech, hyperspace manipulation shred them, Sol's Anvil blowing up the merged one, Jarnbjorn killing them etc.

Basically, prep and advanced technology has been pretty useful against Celestials.

So I would say considering how Celestials' standing has dropped since the old 'Odin prepped pointlessly for a thousand years stuff', Thanos could probably take one out with enough prep time.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Jul 17th, 2016 11:29 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bobandjim1260

My point was that even if he did fire while shielded it won't matter since the Celestial will just sit there forever since its for all intents and purposes immortal blasting away at him.

You didn't expand so much on the prep part. Could you elaborate a bit more on how you think he could win via prep please?

Out of curiosity, of all of the comics with that I've read that have featured Celestials, I have never seem them continually blast an enemy unconditionally into giving up. From what I've seen, they either ignore their foe entirely, or they send one powerful blast then look back at their work. Even if they were to continually blast, a counter blast from Thanos would probably stagger them long enough to get away. He has blasted both Galactus and Omega with such an effect. To elaborate on the prep side, Thanos has taken out entities equal to or more powerful than Celestials (The Hunger, The Magus with the Infinity Gauntlet, etc). If I could choose the ways Thanos could take down the Celestial beyond the one that I already specified, and the ones he's used to take down entities of equal or more power. He could lead them into the crunch. He has a vast amount of explosives, capable of harming both Galactus, Omega, Hunger, and overriding planetary defense mechanisms. If the Celestial has any sort of weakness to exploit, Thanos would find it. How? The Infinity Well, his vast collection of knowledge from being omniscient several times (some of the knowledge he has retained/stolen from thousands of worlds and ancient beings, etc. There are many ways Thanos could out prep an Average celestial.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2016 11:59 PM
Bobandjim1260

Imo also pis I mean come on Doom tanks it yet Galactus, Stranger, and others get blasted back that is just BS.

To be fair, we don't know if the power Thanos used to stop Doom was the same he used to capture the Abstracts. I also wouldn't downplay Doom's armor, as I recall it being slightly removed from reality. I also want to state that it wouldn't be PIS that he survived. Plot Induced Stupidity is when a character suddenly acts out of character for reasons attributed to plot. In comic books specifically, writers have the say on who they think a character can defeat, regardless of what fans think/or has been previously established. Sometimes writers just need to invent a way to stop character from dying.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2016 12:08 AM
golem370

Call it what ever but Doom shouldn't tank a blast by thd IG user if Thanos with the IG could stomp a group of cosmic beings Doom should have been dog chow.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jul 18th, 2016 12:30 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Celestials arent what they use to be Thors ax can attest to that.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2016 01:22 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bobandjim1260

Call it what ever but Doom shouldn't tank a blast by thd IG user if Thanos with the IG could stomp a group of cosmic beings Doom should have been dog chow.

There are a lot of factors to consider. I agree with you, but writers typically know what they're doing when they write something. Especially someone like Jim Starlin. I keep seeing people talk about how Odin failed to stop the fourth host with prep. I think it's wise to consider that Odin is not as skillful a pepper as Thanos. I'm not sure there are many in the MCU that are. His intelligence is unrivaled by almost everyone in the Universe.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2016 01:34 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

There are a lot of factors to consider. I agree with you, but writers typically know what they're doing when they write something. Especially someone like Jim Starlin. I keep seeing people talk about how Odin failed to stop the fourth host with prep. I think it's wise to consider that Odin is not as skillful a pepper as Thanos. I'm not sure there are many in the MCU that are. His intelligence is unrivaled by almost everyone in the Universe.

What prep would he attain that could bestca celestial without a no limit fallacy

Old Post Jul 18th, 2016 01:42 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Talking of Celestials this is a good bit of art.

(please log in to view the image)
Originally posted by Delta1938
A nod to Promethean Giants?
Nah, not at all...

stick out tongue

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 18th, 2016 01:54 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bobandjim1260

Originally posted by Sin I AM
What prep would he attain that could bestca celestial without a no limit fallacy

Your usage of the logical claim the zero limit fallacy doesn't make sense in this context. Thanos has been shown to prep and beat things greater than Celestials many times. If you want me to craft a plausible Thanos story where he stops some Celestials I could. Prep for prep masters isn't really fair. It's not a no limit fallacy. The things he couldn't take down with prep basically starts at (possibly) Eternity and Infinity, and then goes to things like The Beyonder, The Living Tribunal, and TOAA.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2016 02:29 AM
Bobandjim1260

I'm actually surprised Thanos hasn't gone up against many Celestials. The only time they've attacked him was when he held ultimate power. But it wasn't just them, it was the entire cosmic pantheon. I've seen Thanos interact with Galactus and Eternity more than I've seen him interact with the Celestials. Which is interesting because the Celestials are partly the reason for his existence. In fact, during Infinity Gauntlet, I always thought that The One Above All celestial and Ziran the Tester were present because they were basically responsible for Thanos's existence.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2016 02:34 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Your usage of the logical claim the zero limit fallacy doesn't make sense in this context. Thanos has been shown to prep and beat things greater than Celestials many times. If you want me to craft a plausible Thanos story where he stops some Celestials I could. Prep for prep masters isn't really fair. It's not a no limit fallacy. The things he couldn't take down with prep basically starts at (possibly) Eternity and Infinity, and then goes to things like The Beyonder, The Living Tribunal, and TOAA.

But it is. Prep shouldn't b an open ended book. If you give reed prep time there should be a limit. Say thirty minutes an hour etc to get what he needs to battle and get his ass back. So if he's in LA and the prep is 30 min he would have to travel from cali to the Baxter building in time to pull out the UN or whatever. Otherwise it's spite

Old Post Jul 18th, 2016 02:39 AM
Bobandjim1260

Originally posted by Sin I AM
But it is. Prep shouldn't b an open ended book. If you give reed prep time there should be a limit. Say thirty minutes an hour etc to get what he needs to battle and get his ass back. So if he's in LA and the prep is 30 min he would have to travel from cali to the Baxter building in time to pull out the UN or whatever. Otherwise it's spite

A no limits Fallacy would be assuming he can do anything he hasn't already been able to do with prep. Which I never assumed he could. I said in my previous post that his prep master abilities does have it's limits if cosmic artifacts are not involved. He has defeated being more powerful than Celestials on several occasions (Galacrus fully powered, Omega, The Hunger, Infinity Gauntlet Magus, the wielder of the Heart of the Universe, Adam Warlock in Infinity Revelation, Eternity (although I don't know if I should count this one due to it being part of a Deadpool comic), etc. He's defeated all of them without the use of power ups. That list doesn't even include those who were taken out as a side effect.
Prep doesn't mean that Thanos needs to get something that allows him to win. In fact, it's that type of prep that caused Odin the lose against the fourth host. I guess I should say that Thanos gets a week prep. He has defeated enemies more powerful in far less time, but he might make it entertaining with a weeks time. The Celestial gets prep too mind you, but that doesn't really mean much because every time a Celestial has prepared for anything, they've just kind of shown up and blasted the heck out of their enemies. A strategy that has caused them to be defeated at times. It'd be interesting if Thanos figured out how to operate the Celestial Godkiller created by the Aspirants.

Last edited by Bobandjim1260 on Jul 18th, 2016 at 03:37 AM

Old Post Jul 18th, 2016 03:34 AM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Thanos.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2016 04:05 AM
zopzop is online now! Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote