KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Aquaman (2018)

Aquaman (2018)
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (116): « First ... « 108 109 [110] 111 112 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

Yeah, it looks like he's rubbing her upper belly in the vid. Again, not the best place to put your hand over her chest. So it seems like the first gif was edited to make it look like his hand was higher, around where her breast would be.

If true, hope he sues the scumbag who did that and they face any applicable charges.

I can post stills later to compare

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 7th, 2019 11:09 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
"oh shit did not know where my hand was and I realize how that must look"

This is what i think happened.

Its Golgo that is losing his shit, scrambling to find the right ways to explain the situation. Typical PR stuff.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2019 11:10 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Robtard
Yeah, it looks like he's rubbing her upper belly in the vid. Again, not the best place to put your hand over her chest. So it seems like the first gif was edited to make it look like his hand was higher, around where her breast would be.

If true, hope he sues the scumbag who did that and they face any applicable charges.

I can post stills later to compare

Yeah, nothing really wrong. I've seen fathers do that all the time. I'm pretty harsh on this stuff, but his kids don't even seem bothered. In the gif, it looks like he was guilty, which he was not.

Inhuman gonna Inhuman. laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 7th, 2019 11:13 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Inhuman posted the gif, he had no way of knowing for certain it was doctored and his comment was like a "the hell is this?", not accusing Mamoa of being pedo as fact

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 7th, 2019 11:16 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Yes, but you should do some research before you put someone on blast like that. Not cool at all.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2019 11:17 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Inhuman
lol wut. I have said no such thing, as he is banging his kids, WTF. All I did was post something that looks "strange". You seem like you are losing it and angered over your own insinuations. Relax.

You said the video was manipulated , which means it was photoshoped in video form right? Changing things around or adding things that were not originally there to show something else right? Thats what manipulated means.
He is putting words in your mouth because he is emotional this looks bad. It is that damn mongrel blood in him.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2019 03:23 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 8th, 2019 03:25 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by -Pr-
Huh? The heroic journey in MoS has far more emotional content. Aquaman's just kinda gruff the entire time.

I don't think his powers were that well-defined at all. And that's without even getting in to the fact that they took Aquaman's main power and either sidelined it or made him need a special trident to use it properly.

Can't say I agree about the villain, but Wilson at least seemed to enjoy the role more than Shannon did.
I felt nothing for his romance with Lois and his tension with Zod. It fell flat whereas I believed the tension between the brothers of the sea.

The films change things it is the comicnerds who get their panties in a bunch. Hela is Thors brother in the movies. Not in the comics. They cannot be literal translations.

Zod was too much of a failure to take seriously. Failed against jor el and Superman twice. He mocks kal for training on a farm then loses an all out battle after he trained his entire life. At least with Arthur he lost and stood no chance against Orm in the water. Gave him water cred and made sense. Zod was just an epic failure in every phase of his planning.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2019 03:31 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by quanchi112
I felt nothing for his romance with Lois and his tension with Zod. It fell flat whereas I believed the tension between the brothers of the sea.

The films change things it is the comicnerds who get their panties in a bunch. Hela is Thors brother in the movies. Not in the comics. They cannot be literal translations.

Zod was too much of a failure to take seriously. Failed against jor el and Superman twice. He mocks kal for training on a farm then loses an all out battle after he trained his entire life. At least with Arthur he lost and stood no chance against Orm in the water. Gave him water cred and made sense. Zod was just an epic failure in every phase of his planning.

Lois was crap. Zod was not.

I never said they needed to be literal translations. Though, it is strange how often it gets brought up in order to dismiss complaints that aren't relevant. Adaptation or not, I thought Atlantis sucked. I said as much. Same with most of the movie, which ranged from "okay" to "not that great".

If I talked purely in terms of how bad an adaptation it was, I would call it utter shite.

We both know you have a raging hateboner for Zod, but I'm going to reply anyway: He lost to someone that had more experience on the planet he was on, and Jor-El (both the man and the consciousness) was instrumental in keeping him off-balance up until the final battle.

Not to mention the years Zod had spent in the Phantom Zone, and how messed up he was by losing the chance to save Krypton.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 8th, 2019 03:01 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Lois was crap. Zod was not.

I never said they needed to be literal translations. Though, it is strange how often it gets brought up in order to dismiss complaints that aren't relevant. Adaptation or not, I thought Atlantis sucked. I said as much. Same with most of the movie, which ranged from "okay" to "not that great".

If I talked purely in terms of how bad an adaptation it was, I would call it utter shite.

We both know you have a raging hateboner for Zod, but I'm going to reply anyway: He lost to someone that had more experience on the planet he was on, and Jor-El (both the man and the consciousness) was instrumental in keeping him off-balance up until the final battle.

Not to mention the years Zod had spent in the Phantom Zone, and how messed up he was by losing the chance to save Krypton.
Why was Zod so good? His failures took away from the competence of him as a threat?

I thought it was well done so opinions vary. Aquaman is a character I could not care about in the slightest so the movie did a great job showcasing him.

No, I do not really care for Zod so I am indifferent. I hate Superman but sure jor el had experience but not as a warrior as a mind.

Zods focus was singular Kals was not so I was underwhelmed with his formidability.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2019 03:28 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by quanchi112
Why was Zod so good? His failures took away from the competence of him as a threat?

I thought it was well done so opinions vary. Aquaman is a character I could not care about in the slightest so the movie did a great job showcasing him.

No, I do not really care for Zod so I am indifferent. I hate Superman but sure jor el had experience but not as a warrior as a mind.

Zods focus was singular Kals was not so I was underwhelmed with his formidability.

So all that damage that was caused just trying to stop him enacting his plan didn't happen? A large chunk of Metropolis was turned in to a crater. He was plenty threatening.

Maybe my standards are higher than yours, then.

Trying to restore a dead planet is no less singular than trying to save one.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 8th, 2019 10:25 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

You could also argue Zod wasn't use to his powers the same as Clark was as he had 30 years to get use to his powers.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2019 11:44 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yup. Clark might not have been used to using letting his powers off the leash, but he was far more skilled in controlling them. That restraint doesn't come without control. Zod was still getting the hang of things, even if he was a quick study.

And I'll take that Smallville fight over that awful spinny trident stuff at the end of Aquaman too, as far as action goes.

Aquaman did have better CGI though, I'll give them that. Their animation work was superb.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 8th, 2019 11:46 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Their mistake, for me, was this "Zod was literally built to be a solider" bit.

Dude got beat on by Jor-El pretty good.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2019 11:55 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cyberopslabs

Movie review

Sir,
i think aquamen is very good movie. yo should give it a try and see yourself.
how good it is.
i couldn't stop myself watching it twice.
aryan
SEO Executive at Cyberopslabs

CyberopsLabs is world’s leading Cyber Security Company providing Ethical Hacking Course Online & VAPT.
For more information visit us- cyberopslabs

Old Post Mar 9th, 2019 12:56 PM
cyberopslabs is currently offline Click here to Send cyberopslabs a Private Message Find more posts by cyberopslabs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Surtur
Their mistake, for me, was this "Zod was literally built to be a solider" bit.

Dude got beat on by Jor-El pretty good.

There's a few counterpoints to that: One, Kal-El is literally a special child, having been the first non "GMO" child born on Krypton in centuries. He spent years on Earth absorbing sunlight (far longer than Zod did), and is more used to controlling said power than Zod is.

For both of them, it's still their first day using all that power to its fullest, but Superman does have built-in advantages.

Then again, we saw what Faora did in Smallville, so...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 9th, 2019 05:02 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Watched this finally.

It has tons of impressive visuals dressing it up, which I actually enjoyed, but underneath it all it's just another bland superhero origin and not a particular well told one. The story is convoluted and the action scenes lacked any real peril or gravity and the climax had very little drama or tension, just an unbelievable amount of CGI clusterf#ckery and an anticlimactic fight between he and his brother. But some of the performances were fun to watch, like Patrick Wilson. Willem Dafoe had a couple key lines which was great. Mamoa and Amber Heard lacked chemistry, which hurt the film a lot since they had a lot of time together.

But it actually had a lot of visual splendor that I'm actually not sorry I watched, mediocre though the rest of it is. That is some of the trippiest shit I've ever seen on screen.

7/10

Old Post Mar 10th, 2019 01:58 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

So all that damage that was caused just trying to stop him enacting his plan didn't happen? A large chunk of Metropolis was turned in to a crater. He was plenty threatening.

Maybe my standards are higher than yours, then.

Trying to restore a dead planet is no less singular than trying to save one.
But Kal never was in danger of losing to him. Zod had power but was never a viable threat to Kal one on one.

No, your opinion is unrealistic. You have to realize the films are different but to a purist you rarely will ever enjoy the films.

Kal is reacting to him. Kal did not train his whole life to be a hero he just ended up becoming one. Zod mocked him as a farmboy but later got whooped by him. Weak villain.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2019 08:28 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Oh, man. The Red Letter Media review is a brilliant and hilarious breakdown of the film. Mike actually has some hilarious and great constructive ideas. The biggest thing I agree with them on is that with all the silliness the movie just didn't seem self-aware. It needed to poke a little fun at itself. But that's pretty typical with the dark DC films, being so serious. Now that being said, Aquaman isn't nearly as self-serious as Zack Snyder's depressing visions, but bad jokes like, "I could have just peed on it" aren't exactly clever or even funny.

That, and having so many meaningless action scenes really just became boring and kept any action scene from carrying any weight.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2019 12:39 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I didn't feel the movie was a CGI clusterf#ckery, There are way worst films out there in that department.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2019 02:05 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote