KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Aquaman (2018)

Aquaman (2018)
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (116): « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Gotta disagree that MoS > WW. It had the potential to be of course, but felt they understood WW's character more from the offset than Synder did with Superman. They kinda missed the whole point of Superman before JL.

Most of the heroes in JL were surprisingly fun and enjoyable for me, compared to what I had expected anyway, with the only weak link being Flash, so I can entertain an Aquman movie at this point. /shrug

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 11:34 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Half of WW was great while the other half was lackluster to say the least and it was miles better than anything else WB/DC has put out. So I guess they have a half a movie going for them.

If Aquaman is even close to the crap fest that he was in the JL, its going to fail too.

By Stoic

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 12:15 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

For me, Wonder Woman is still the best superhero film we've had since CW. I, personally, rate it above Thor3, Spidey and Panther, though Panther is the closest to it.

Up until the final fight, the film is brilliant, imo. Well written, acted, directed, edited and scored. The chemistry between Diana and Trevor is excellent, and I really bought their conflicts when they came up.

And that part with the trench is ****ing amazing.

Most of all, though? It's an excellent adaptation of Wonder Woman. It's not just a person in a costume playing Wonder Woman to me. I felt like I was watching the actual character, much as I do when watching RDJ or Evans in their roles.

I don't see Aquaman measuring up because right now, this Aquaman is an unknown quantity. It might be good, but it's already pretty different from the comics that I don't really feel like there's a way to judge whether it'll be a good movie or not. I hope it is, but I've long given up any hope of it being a good Aquaman movie.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Last edited by -Pr- on Feb 28th, 2018 at 12:51 AM

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 12:43 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

I think AM is going to be at least decent given Wan's track record.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 12:52 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by playa1258
I think AM is going to be at least decent given Wan's track record.

With the supporting cast and Wan himself, yeah, the movie should at the very least be competently made. Though, people would have said the same thing about Suicide Squad, so ymmv.

Hopefully it pans out and is solid enough.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 01:00 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by -Pr-
With the supporting cast and Wan himself, yeah, the movie should at the very least be competently made. Though, people would have said the same thing about Suicide Squad, so ymmv.

Except with Suicide Squad it was later found out WB's was doing some meddling behind the scenes

lets hope they stay the frick away from the Aquaman movie.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 01:40 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Kazenji
Except with Suicide Squad it was later found out WB's was doing some meddling behind the scenes

lets hope they stay the frick away from the Aquaman movie.

Well that's the thing, isn't it. We won't know until the movie comes out just how much they were jamming their noses in.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 01:46 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

James Wan confirmed that the trailer will be shown at SDCC (19-22 of July), and that it won't be restricted to just SDCC.

Also, pic of Manta:

(please log in to view the image)

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 09:55 PM
quanchi112
Disney

They are waiting an awfully long time for a trailer.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2018 02:36 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by quanchi112

WB is prolly hoping the trailers knocks it out the ballpark

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 16th, 2018 02:37 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Read regarding Manta that he'll be a secondary villain maybe they're saving him for the sequel who knows, The movie will concentrate more on Ocean Master.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2018 02:40 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
WB is prolly hoping the trailers knocks it out the ballpark
I do hope it does well as I don’t want the dceu to crumble and be a series of one off joker solo films. I just hope they can get their shit together to I can trash their fans and their characters with the MCU.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2018 02:46 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I do hope it does well as I don’t want the dceu to crumble and be a series of one off joker solo films. I just hope they can get their shit together to I can trash their fans and their characters with the MCU.

well here's to hoping the film works but im not seeing opening day

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 16th, 2018 04:04 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Some people are noticing Ocean Master looks more like Arthur then what Momoa does

what if there's a twist in the film....hmmm

Old Post Jun 16th, 2018 06:47 AM
Senor Cage

Love the whole designs and preview art. Trailer can't come soon enough.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2018 06:58 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
well here's to hoping the film works but im not seeing opening day
I will probably see this on opening day.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2018 10:02 AM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I may be mistaken but didn't Infinity War wait to release their trailer?

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2018 12:27 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by -Pr-
For me, Wonder Woman is still the best superhero film we've had since CW. I, personally, rate it above Thor3, Spidey and Panther, though Panther is the closest to it.

Up until the final fight, the film is brilliant, imo. Well written, acted, directed, edited and scored. The chemistry between Diana and Trevor is excellent, and I really bought their conflicts when they came up.

And that part with the trench is ****ing amazing.

Most of all, though? It's an excellent adaptation of Wonder Woman. It's not just a person in a costume playing Wonder Woman to me. I felt like I was watching the actual character, much as I do when watching RDJ or Evans in their roles.

I don't see Aquaman measuring up because right now, this Aquaman is an unknown quantity. It might be good, but it's already pretty different from the comics that I don't really feel like there's a way to judge whether it'll be a good movie or not. I hope it is, but I've long given up any hope of it being a good Aquaman movie.
Wonder Woman was damn near a carbon copy of The First Avenger. Yet people don't give TFA any credit. To me, Wonder Woman was a fine film, I would say it was even good. But it's definitely not a top tier Super Hero movie imo, especially with the awful third act. Also, the fact that they're bringing Steve back? His character died a heroic death (apparently not) and should have stayed dead. WW was definitely the best DC movie so far in this DCEU though, I'll give you that.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jun 16th, 2018 01:18 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Wonder Woman was damn near a carbon copy of The First Avenger. Yet people don't give TFA any credit. To me, Wonder Woman was a fine film, I would say it was even good. But it's definitely not a top tier Super Hero movie imo, especially with the awful third act. Also, the fact that they're bringing Steve back? His character died a heroic death (apparently not) and should have stayed dead. WW was definitely the best DC movie so far in this DCEU though, I'll give you that.
Didn't Steve Rogers "die" a heroic death? Or even Bucky?

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2018 01:22 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by juggernaut74
Didn't Steve Rogers "die" a heroic death? Or even Bucky?
Steve didn't die as anyone watching the movie with the slightest bit of knowledge knew that Captain America isn't going to die in his own film. Also it's his origin. He comes back. Bucky didn't die a heroic death...it was more tragic than anything. And so far you can make the case that he did kinda "Die" that day.

The point is though, the MCU always gets ripped for lack of deaths, but DC gets a pass? Nah. DC is just as bad if not WORSE. They "killed" Superman in his second film, not only wasting the great "Death of Superman" opportunity they had, but also now there are zero stakes for Supes going forward; at least for the next few films.

I'm just saying that Wonder Woman gets a pass for being a clone of TFA. It SHOULD have at least killed Steve for good to differentiate itself a little more; and it would have made the third act much better...but now....

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jun 16th, 2018 01:29 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote