KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » American Gods (Neil Gaiman)

American Gods (Neil Gaiman)
Started by: Dreampanther

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

American Gods (Neil Gaiman)

The series, set to debut on Starz in 2017, follows a clash of titans between the old gods — a group of immigrant, cultural deities who were brought to America from across the world but whose believers are dying out and, with that, their power — and the new gods, reflective of our society’s obsession with money, celebrity, media, and technology.

Gaiman spoke to the casting process of bringing his book characters to human (well, sort of) life. “I was very involved. I still am. And it’s really been interesting, finding our Shadow was a process that lasted several months, and we put poor Ricky through the ringer. I hate to think how many audition tapes he did for us.” (“I know,” said Whittle. “I did 16.”) “With Ian, I think it was as simple as getting a phone call from Bryan saying, ‘What about Ian McShane?’ and we went, ‘Oh my God, yes.’ We then made him do 16 audition tapes.”

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2016 03:38 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

this looks very interesting... will watch

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2016 06:32 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

American Gods is one of my favorite books. As such, I've been caustically optimistic. But this trailer exceeded all my expectations! It looks great.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2016 08:30 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

really looking forward to this

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2017 02:27 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

this Sunday! smile

Old Post Apr 28th, 2017 08:32 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Getting great reviews from those that have been fortunate enough to see some of it. Can't wait!

Old Post Apr 28th, 2017 10:23 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Looking forward to it. Glad they made it a series and didn't do something dumb and try to make it a film.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2017 02:13 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

That. Was. AWESOME.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2017 10:17 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Enjoyed it enough to watch next week's ep, despite it seeming a bit scattered and the wife's friend being a terrible actress in the graveyard scene. Intro Viking scene was great/funny.

The premise is definitely the selling point: Old gods vs new gods. Might just have to read the book if the next ep or two turn out to be great.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 1st, 2017 06:27 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

have first ep on dvr, will watch soon

Old Post May 2nd, 2017 02:41 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I thought the first episode was good. Having read the book I thought some parts might not translate to tv very well, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Old Post May 2nd, 2017 07:13 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Orlando Jones killed it in his scene. Might be the best role I've ever seen him play.

Old Post May 7th, 2017 09:36 PM
ares834

Now that was one hell of an episode.

Old Post May 8th, 2017 02:40 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

first two shows have been trippy.. I like it a lot... can't wait to watch next week

Old Post May 8th, 2017 02:50 AM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

i'm very impressed by and enthralled with this show; it's visually mesmerizing and thematically daring.

I can't recall ever seeing passionate gay sex featuring brown people on television.

my only complaint so far is the disjointed nature of the storytelling. I haven't been bored by anything, but the (seemingly) unrelated side-stories are annoying... annoying, because I'd like to see more of those characters, not just 5 minute vignettes.

Old Post May 16th, 2017 11:05 PM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Damn. Don't mess with Laura.

Old Post May 28th, 2017 01:09 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Seeing Scully as Marilyn Monroe was amazing

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 31st, 2017 02:06 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

her as Ziggy Stardust was even better. Lucille Ball was great as well.

Gillian is really loving this role. She's killing it.

Old Post May 31st, 2017 08:52 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Finale was insane. Well the whole season really, but to see the true scope of the Gods power when they're sufficiently worshiped/motivated is crazy.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 11:15 AM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Was that the finale? Will have to change my opinion of the series if that was the case, because as good as the episode was it was in no way a fitting finale.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 11:59 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote