KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » King Arthur: Legend of the Sword

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
will watch after the second or third week this is out

Why?

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2017 02:37 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

So this is getting destroyed in reviews but I found it pretty good. Some very talented British actors in it like Neil Maskell and Geoff Bell as well as GoT regulars like Aiden Gillen (Littlefinger) and Michael McElhatton (Roose Bolton). David Beckham is predictably terrible for his whole 30 seconds. It's downsides are that ALL its women characters are dire and some of its CGI is poorly done.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post May 11th, 2017 11:17 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

So its worth checking out despite the reviews?

Old Post May 11th, 2017 12:43 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I still plan to see it. I usually like Guy Ritchie films. Plus it's fantasy.

Old Post May 11th, 2017 03:01 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

This is a "might catch on the small screen at some point." Definitely not theater fare for me.

Old Post May 11th, 2017 04:09 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Yeah, not expecting a deep profound story and Oscar worthy acting out of this, I'll watch something like Fences for that. I'm hoping for some decent action mixed in with humor and some nice visuals.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 11th, 2017 04:19 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Looks kinda gay TBH. I'm not really into Ritche's big budget shit, I prefer his British gangster films.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post May 11th, 2017 04:45 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Is that Kraven the Hunter in your sig? Cos it looks strikingly like an 80's pre-full-blown-AIDS Freddy Mercury, if he were done as s comic

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 11th, 2017 05:14 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Show some respect for Grand Regent Thragg.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post May 11th, 2017 05:16 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Mercury's one of the world's greatest singers, so that wasn't an insult

Old Post May 11th, 2017 05:17 PM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

True enough.

Old Post May 11th, 2017 05:39 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post May 16th, 2017 03:13 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Looks more like he should be wanting to challenge John Matrix to a fight.

Old Post May 16th, 2017 03:34 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Why?

by then it will be on cable tv

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 16th, 2017 10:09 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I hear this movie is boring.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2017 08:21 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Go watch it then and find out yourself.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2017 08:25 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I don't think I've ever hated a Guy Ritchie movie, but he uses a lot of cuts and hyperactive filming if I remember correctly, so not necessarily the kind of thing I like to see on the Big Screen, so I'll probably hold off.

I have the same opinion of Ritchie, that his films are all style and no substance. Matthew Vaughn produced his early films, and has proven to be a better filmmaker.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 02:26 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

This movie was okay. Not great. Not terrible. I did find Arthur + Excalibur to be a bit hax and overpowered though. Seriously, why [SPOILER - highlight to read]: even bother having knights, or an army, when he alone can solo like 50 guys in the space of a few seconds, and with minimal effort at that.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2017 07:40 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mehedi067
Restricted

Account Restricted

movie is good

Old Post Jun 29th, 2017 12:03 PM
mehedi067 is currently offline Click here to Send mehedi067 a Private Message Find more posts by mehedi067 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

I REALLY enjoyed this. Unconventional story-telling, lots of action and humour, good actors, fantastic soundtrack. The special effects do get a little bit distracting but this was the first time in a while that I sat at the end of a 2-hour movie and wished it was longer. 8/10.

I'm not sure I would have enjoyed it as much in the theater. As some may have noted, it's a bit short on substance while overloaded on style. It's a perfect at-home movie, though, especially if you have a good entertainment setup, because basically it's one long kick-ass music video.

It reminded me a bit of Stephen Chow's Kung Fu Hustle at times, which is a compliment since I LOVE that movie.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2017 12:25 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote