KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Where to rank Darth Malgus?

Where to rank Darth Malgus?
Started by: chingchangwalla

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Darth Malgus is Maul/Dooku level.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 08:20 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

kek

Nihl level

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 08:22 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Nihl is Maul level

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 08:23 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maul is Sidious+ according to that Disney game and cut content

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 08:23 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

So Malgus~Nihl~Maul~Sidious

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 08:28 PM
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Nihl is Maul level

:/

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 08:33 PM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nai
Advocatus Diaboli

In terms of combat skill he is very close to the top, if one believes the words of Sidious in the "Book of Sith" that his feats on the battlefield were never replicated.

However, as Sidious also notes: He is, before everything else, a fighter. There is always the possiblity, that superior force users will take him out with their force abilities rather fast. The only certain thing is, that he's superior to the vanilla KotoR protagonists.

I'm rather sure he's superior to Maul. I'm not so sure that he could take the likes of Dooku, though.

"Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?"

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 09:31 PM
Click here to Send Nai a Private Message Find more posts by Nai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ziggystardust
Restricted

Account Restricted

Malgus would beat Disney-Dooku .

Legends Dooku however, could probably win.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 09:39 PM
Click here to Send Ziggystardust a Private Message Find more posts by Ziggystardust Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I think Malgus could take Dooku. Theres no way in hell Dooku could replicate his False Emperor showings.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 09:41 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dooku's weakness at going head to head against power duelists is suicide against big Gus...

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 09:42 PM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nai
Advocatus Diaboli

Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Dooku's weakness at going head to head against power duelists is suicide against big Gus...

Apparently, somebody has read the RotS novelization too often.

(please log in to view the image)

Dooku blocking Anakin and Obi-Wan at once using one hand.

And again...

Not that he even needs to "parry" anything if he can easily dodge Ventress and Savage combined, Anakin and Obi-Wan combined, three Nightsisters (including Ventress), while being blinded. And I can't even list all the instances in which he dominated Anakin Skywalker in duels.

Even if there was such a weakness (which is actually a stretch, if one understands how Dooku's style works: mainly by redirecting strength), Dooku could easily compensate with duelling skill and Force abilities.

The real question here is, how one ranks Malgus in the latter department.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 09:59 PM
Click here to Send Nai a Private Message Find more posts by Nai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Nai making an argument for a PT character? Incredible. smile

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 10:01 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Dooku was amped and Kenobi + Anakin was weakened because of the imbalance in the force tho. Malgus would beat Yoda under such circumstances thumb up

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 10:02 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 10:04 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nai
Advocatus Diaboli

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Nai making an argument for a PT character? Incredible. smile

Pff. Maybe you shouldn't believe certain individuals, when they talk bullshit about my opinions. Example: Yoda > Exar Kun, anybody?

Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Dooku was amped and Kenobi + Anakin was weakened because of the imbalance in the force tho. Malgus would beat Yoda under such circumstances thumb up

Possible. If there was any method to quantify that amp, we could make an argument in that regard. Until then, it would probably be better, to view characters with the power of respective eras and circumstances being given to them, instead of introducing more variables into an already insoluble equation.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 10:09 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by Nai
Pff. Maybe you shouldn't believe certain individuals, when they talk bullshit about my opinions. Example: Yoda > Exar Kun, anybody?
So it's been a entire decade since you last made an argument for the PT? That's... impressive. smile

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: But no, nobody remembers shit that happened in 2006, nobody who isn't senile. smile

Last edited by Beniboybling on Jul 24th, 2016 at 10:15 PM

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 10:13 PM
Syndicate

Wow. History in the making.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 10:14 PM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Amirite? This shit should be recorded for posterity. It will be another decade before we see this happen again.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 10:16 PM
Nai
Advocatus Diaboli

Originally posted by Beniboybling
So it's been a entire decade since you last made an argument for the PT? That's... impressive. smile

Not a year, was what you wanted to say, I suppose.

quote:

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: But no, nobody remembers shit that happened in 2006, nobody who isn't senile. smile

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Then, maybe, people shouldn't talk shit about stuff that happened before they joined the forum and form their opinions based on it. D'uh.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 10:24 PM
Syndicate

Boom! Roasted!

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 10:42 PM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote