KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Atris Runs The Legacy Era Sith Gauntlet

Atris Runs The Legacy Era Sith Gauntlet
Started by: SunRazer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Selenial
I Choose Violence

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Except that wasn't my argument at all. I said she studied all the holocrons including the forbidden ones. Then you threw your tantrum about Wyyrlok and Krayt hur dur, for which I replied with a documented case where Maladi's knowledge exceeds Krayt's.

Nice try to, now you can go back to retirement.

Incorrect.

Nova was arguing about combat applicable knowledge, and defined Maladi's knowledge as ambiguous because you cannot dictate what she learned from said holocrons, whereas Atris learned specifically combat and war relayed techniques of the Sith.

And when you replied, you merely stated that "there's nothing ambiguous, her knowledge surpasses Krayt's"

If you're suggesting her Knowledge surpasses Krayt's when discussing combat applicable powers, you are insinuating her combat knowledge was better. And when pressed on it, your only cite-able example was him not knowing what a Rakghoul was.

I understand your obsession with Maladi, but that's frankly laughable. An instance where her knowledge of history eclipses his does not indicate she knows more than he does.

I may be retired, but you are still not my equal, dear. You'd do well to remember that.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 04:09 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

laughing out loud

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 04:18 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Originally posted by Selenial
Incorrect.

Nova was arguing about combat applicable knowledge, and defined Maladi's knowledge as ambiguous because you cannot dictate what she learned from said holocrons, whereas Atris learned specifically combat and war relayed techniques of the Sith.

And when you replied, you merely stated that "there's nothing ambiguous, her knowledge surpasses Krayt's"

Originally posted by SunRazer
Maladi's ambiguously studied holocrons and forbidden knowledge.

There's nothing ambiguous about it lol. Maladi's knowledge rivals/exceeds Krayt's.

You moving the goal post to save face is cute tbh. The fact is you think I claimed something else than what I actually said, because you got butthurt over your precious Kotor II wank.

If you're suggesting her Knowledge surpasses Krayt's when discussing combat applicable powers, you are insinuating her combat knowledge was better. And when pressed on it, your only cite-able example was him not knowing what a Rakghoul was.

Which is still a lot more than your temper tantrums. Please share your incredible sources that state Krayt's knowledge > Maladi's. Anyway I was talking about dark side knowledge in general.

I understand your obsession with Maladi, but that's frankly laughable. An instance where her knowledge of history eclipses his does not indicate she knows more than he does.

You playing the biased card? That's pretty rich. I wonder how many people would consider this blind wanking:

Nah, Atris'd beat Nihl.

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 06:52 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

You moving the goal post to save face is cute tbh. The fact is you think I claimed something else than what I actually said, because you got butthurt over your precious Kotor II wank.

Moving the goalposts? You quoted an entire passage in which Nova was discussing "teachings of combat and the Force" and "combat-useful powers" where Nova declared Atris ahead. You countered by saying "Maladi's knowledge rivals/exceeds Krayt's." You are the one who never clarified you were talking about dark side knowledge in general or alchemy knowledge so, my dear Zoltan, you are the one moving the goalposts. It's not difficult to grasp smile

Oh, and forgive me, I completely forgot Darth Krayt was a KotOR II character. How foolish of me laughing

quote:
Which is still a lot more than your temper tantrums. Please share your incredible sources that state Krayt's knowledge > Maladi's. Anyway I was talking about dark side knowledge in general.

No, you've moved the goalposts and pretended that's what you were discussing when you were proven wrong smile

Anyway, by your logic, Krayt knowing Dark Transfer and Maladi not immediately places Krayt above her in all areas of combat knowledge. Neat little trick you have here.

quote:
You playing the biased card? That's pretty rich. I wonder how many people would consider this blind wanking:

Probably plenty of people who know nothing about both of those characters. I have Talon below Nihl, I merely believe Atris' skillset gives her an advantage over someone who is overall a superior combatant to her.

Shoot me.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 07:23 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Probably down at 1.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 07:49 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Divison within the ranks, this pleases me. smile

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 07:58 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Down at 1.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 08:18 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Moving the goalposts? You quoted an entire passage in which Nova was discussing "teachings of combat and the Force" and "combat-useful powers" where Nova declared Atris ahead. You countered by saying "Maladi's knowledge rivals/exceeds Krayt's." You are the one who never clarified you were talking about dark side knowledge in general or alchemy knowledge so, my dear Zoltan, you are the one moving the goalposts. It's not difficult to grasp smile

It's called context. Nova said that her learning from holocrons is ambiguous. For which I replied they are not. Maybe your linguistic skills are not up for the task despite speaking like 4 languages

Oh, and forgive me, I completely forgot Darth Krayt was a KotOR II character. How foolish of me laughing

Yeah I'm sure the point was Krayt > Maladi and not at all Atris > Maladi. But doesn't matter, you wank him just as much.

No, you've moved the goalposts and pretended that's what you were discussing when you were proven wrong smile

Nah it was just your inability to perceive context what made you think that.

Anyway, by your logic, Krayt knowing Dark Transfer and Maladi not immediately places Krayt above her in all areas of combat knowledge. Neat little trick you have here.

Straw man. I said Maladi rivals/exceeds Krayt's knowledge (note I didn't even flat out claim Malaid > Krayt) based on her access to forbidden holocrons, and when you even denied the possibility I brought up an instance where Maladi knew more.

Probably plenty of people who know nothing about both of those characters. I have Talon below Nihl, I merely believe Atris' skillset gives her an advantage over someone who is overall a superior combatant to her.

Shoot me.

No skillset would make up for Nihl shitting all over her.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 09:22 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

It's called context. Nova said that her learning from holocrons is ambiguous. For which I replied they are not. Maybe your linguistic skills are not up for the task despite speaking like 4 languages

And it was ambiguous in the context of combat ability. He was making his entire post on combat ability. You quoted the entire section on knowledge relating to combat ability.

If someone needs to pay more attention to the context dear, it's you.

Unless you want to admit to being a 90 year old man and suggest your point had absolutely nothing to do with the segment you just so happened to quote.

quote:
Yeah I'm sure the point was Krayt > Maladi and not at all Atris > Maladi. But doesn't matter, you wank him just as much.

Krayt wank you have outright stated on numerous occasions to support. Seems to me like you're changing your opinions just to summon a strawman smile

quote:
Straw man. I said Maladi rivals/exceeds Krayt's knowledge (note I didn't even flat out claim Malaid > Krayt) based on her access to forbidden holocrons, and when you even denied the possibility I brought up an instance where Maladi knew more.

Out of curiosity, who the **** do you think could stop Krayt from studying the forbidden holocrons? He attempted to (and succeeded imo) study Nihilus' Holocron, which was the epitome of forbidden to the Sith.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 10:11 PM
cs_zoltan

And it was ambiguous in the context of combat ability. He was making his entire post on combat ability. You quoted the entire section on knowledge relating to combat ability.

If someone needs to pay more attention to the context dear, it's you.

Unless you want to admit to being a 90 year old man and suggest your point had absolutely nothing to do with the segment you just so happened to quote.

"Maladi ambiguously studied holocrons" vs "Maladi studied holocrons with ambiguous content". Spot the difference smile

Krayt wank you have outright stated on numerous occasions to support. Seems to me like you're changing your opinions just to summon a strawman smile

I did no such thing. I support Krayt when I think he's winning, I don't wank him just for the sake of wanking. I don't even really like him.

Out of curiosity, who the **** do you think could stop Krayt from studying the forbidden holocrons? He attempted to (and succeeded imo) study Nihilus' Holocron, which was the epitome of forbidden to the Sith.

No one? Obviously they were forbidden by him. But Maladi gained access to the same holocrons which is why I said he's rivaling Krayt's knowledge with a possibility, but not certainty, of exceeding it based on the sole instance their knowledge was compared.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 10:30 PM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Down at one?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2016 12:35 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Shado was cutting down siths when was only a padawan and fodderising them in his prime. He was an unmatched duelist at the start of the series. He held his own against Talon in sabers, and he was better than Wolf who stalemated Stryfe to death in a sith temple.

Shado > Atris.

Show me Maladi matching Shado in a lightsaber contest.

quote:
There's nothing ambiguous about it lol. Maladi's knowledge rivals/exceeds Krayt's.

We're talking combat knowledge here. Anything to substantiate this claim?

And yes, it is ambiguous. We have no idea what she learned or didn't learn from those holocrons.

quote:
Maybe, but Maladi was the top healer of an entire Sith Order. I wouldn't write that down.

Atris was the head librarian of the Jedi Order but you wrote that one off pretty quickly.

quote:
Also you skipped the part where Maladi semi-successfully mind ****ed Cade who roughly a year prior casually resisted Karness Muur thumb up

On a nexus, and not sure about his condition at the time. And this doesn't seem combat-applicable.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2016 09:59 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote