KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Where to rank Exar Kun?

Where to rank Exar Kun?
Started by: chingchangwalla

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Back off man, he can choke senators

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 25th, 2016 12:08 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

True. He also crushed the head of the chancellor of his era, didn't he? Chancellor Palpatine is f***ed.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2016 12:10 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Wait, scratch that Vader point - I just realized 3 years past between Hope and Empire. The rest of my post still stands, tho.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2016 12:15 AM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ziggystardust
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's rather funny, you can also find Carthage's real opinions on Kun's 'power-level' in that thread too (before trolling AP became vouge) : thread

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
Kun's canonically more powerful than any of the Jedi or Sith of his era (including Sadow, Nadd, Hord, Ragnos, Sorzus Syn, Karness Muur, Marka Ragnos), most of those Sith distance Dooku in power themselves. They're not even close.

Obviously Kun dies, but suggesting he's as powerful as Dooku is nuts.

and welcome back

Old Post Jul 25th, 2016 12:15 AM
Click here to Send Ziggystardust a Private Message Find more posts by Ziggystardust Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ziggystardust
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not that trolling AP is without it's merits, some people do bring this stuff on themselves.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2016 12:17 AM
Click here to Send Ziggystardust a Private Message Find more posts by Ziggystardust Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Dooku level as a duelist sub Vader level as a Force ussr

Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

AP single handedly destroyed my opinion of the character by lying about feats and using false sources.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ziggystardust
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes, I believe her efforts were in vain.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2016 12:19 AM
The Merchant

AbovePalpatine+

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Jul 25th, 2016 12:22 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Originally posted by The Merchant
AbovePalpatine+

(please log in to view the image)

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Jul 25th, 2016 12:23 AM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Dooku level as a duelist sub Vader level as a Force ussr

thumb up
I have him between Dooku and Vader overall. Closer to Vader though.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2016 12:47 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

Closer to Sidious than Vader IMO but he's not going to beat Sheev.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2016 12:57 AM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Originally posted by carthage
AP single handedly destroyed my opinion of the character by lying about feats and using false sources.

Lmfao, stop pretending you're doing anything but trolling.

As far as Solo goes, ten months of advancement, where there is no hint in Darksaber of anything actually having occurred, besides Dorsk 81 stopped being a chicken shit. You're claiming that they massively increased in power despite no evidence to support it.

You're just theorising, which is absolutely irrelevant in the face of the fact that they were described as having collectively unlocked a power far greater than anything they could have even comprehended, when facing Exar Kun in a meld.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2016 02:45 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Besides the fact, that they had far greater feats in DarkSaber than they did in any source before? Besides the fact, that they were factually not through with their training, and had yet to be knighted? erm

As I said before - it doesn't really matter. What Starkiller did in utterly crushing a horde of reasonably powerful clones with a single TK surge, is just as impressive, if not more so.

Vader was his equal, before becoming "far more formidable" in ESB, and further advanced that power by RotJ.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2016 03:29 AM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

AP I want to undeestand a bit regarding Kun>Jedi meld group. Are you trying to say Kun scales from that groups feat of TKing a fleet of Star destroyers? Not trying to be condenscending I just want to clearly understand your argument regarding that.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Jul 25th, 2016 03:45 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Besides the fact, that they had far greater feats in DarkSaber than they did in any source before? Besides the fact, that they were factually not through with their training, and had yet to be knighted? erm

As I said before - it doesn't really matter. What Starkiller did in utterly crushing a horde of reasonably powerful clones with a single TK surge, is just as impressive, if not more so.

Vader was his equal, before becoming "far more formidable" in ESB, and further advanced that power by RotJ.

By any source before, do you mean the whole of no books with their appearance since JA? Darksaber is their first major appearance since the trilogy.

Why do you insist they aren't done with their training, when they get knighted by Luke, who states they are near masters of all the teachings he has to give, just days after Kun's defeat?

A crowd of unprepared clones, all of whom are busy fighting each other, is certainly not as impressive as a prepared, focused and melded team of Kam Solusar, Streen, Brakiss, Cilghal, Kirana Ti, Tionne Solusar, Dorsk 81, Jaina Solo, Jacen Solo, Luke's spirit and Vodo's spirit.

Nor is the difference between ESB Vader and ROTJ Vader, anywhere near as large as the difference between an exhausted shade of Exar Kun with no sources of energy and the prime Exar Kun weilding an amulet.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Last edited by AncientPower on Jul 25th, 2016 at 05:05 AM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2016 04:57 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Originally posted by The Merchant
AP I want to undeestand a bit regarding Kun>Jedi meld group. Are you trying to say Kun scales from that groups feat of TKing a fleet of Star destroyers? Not trying to be condenscending I just want to clearly understand your argument regarding that.

Nah, Dorsk 81 amped by a temple and weilding the power of thirty knights would be even more powerful than that. But that isn't really relevant to the point.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2016 05:04 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

AP, I think you would have more success with the Kun Brigade if you focus more on how he handled Nadd, Keto, and Urr.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jul 25th, 2016 05:08 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Kun is top 10 in all honesty probs top 5. Pre ROTS he was the strongest tho

Old Post Jul 25th, 2016 05:12 AM
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Originally posted by AncientPower
By any source before, do you mean the whole of no books with their appearance since JA? Darksaber is their first major appearance since the trilogy.

Why do you insist they aren't done with their training, when they get knighted by Luke, who states they are near masters of all the teachings he has to give, just days after Kun's defeat?

A crowd of unprepared clones, all of whom are busy fighting each other, is certainly not as impressive as a prepared, focused and melded team of Kam Solusar, Streen, Brakiss, Cilghal, Kirana Ti, Tionne Solusar, Dorsk 81, Jaina Solo, Jacen Solo, Luke's spirit and Vodo's spirit.

Nor is the difference between ESB Vader and ROTJ Vader, anywhere near as large as the difference between an exhausted shade of Exar Kun with no sources of energy and the prime Exar Kun weilding an amulet.

I mean they had the entire JA trilogy, as was as a re-telling of the events of the story in I, Jedi, tbf. Did they show anything close to what was shown in Darksaber in the feat department?

Hmm, my bad, then. Fair enough on that front.

Don't see how those clones were "unprepared" when they were fighting, KEK. Intrinsic Force shields are pretty much automatic, and given they were in combat, their guard should have generally been up for direct, or stray telekentic attacks. Granted, they would have prolly survived had they had time to throw up shields a la Kas'im v Bane, but given they were Galen clones, possessing the all the attributes of the original, to a lesser, and some to an even greater extent --- it's still monstrous in spite, if they did, or didn't.

Maybe not, but the combative growth between Vader as of TFU, and RotJ was astronomical regardless according to sources.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2016 05:29 AM