KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » 2016 SWVF Faction primer

2016 SWVF Faction primer
Started by: The_Tempest

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Syndicate

@ILS: But I also have a great deal of respect for Kun and appreciate AP's work. :5

Although if I remember correctly don't you also have an appreciation for Kun and Ulic?

Last edited by Syndicate on Jul 29th, 2016 at 09:40 PM

Old Post Jul 29th, 2016 09:36 PM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Syndicate
@ILS: But I also have a great deal of respect for Kun and appreciate AP's work. :5

Although if I remember correctly don't you also have an appreciation for Kun and Ulic?
I have an appreciation for all who are worthy of it, sure.

But I know where my true loyalties lie.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2016 09:40 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Like, I mean, the last time we had a Kun/Ulic thread on CV you stalked off in disgust about how underrated they were or something of the sort.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2016 09:51 PM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well yeah, there was a time where Ulic vs Qui-Gon was a thing.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2016 09:56 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

So you are a Kun/Ulic supporter. :7

Old Post Jul 29th, 2016 09:57 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't need to drag them through the mud to also not be a primary supporter of them, chap.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2016 09:58 PM
Syndicate

I don't understand this whole factions thing. I mean, I hate Ahsoka more then life itself but I still recognize she's above Ventress and below Mace. I support Galen through pretty much every hardship but that doesn't mean I don't recognize that somebody like Kun is above him.

Similarly if Valkorian proves himself better then his competition I accept that to.

I guess I'm just not a factions person.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2016 10:02 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

The Anakin Brigade is a forced that cannot be stopped - similar to Skywalker's performance against Dooku.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jul 29th, 2016 10:12 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Strike that. I hate Anakin more then Ahsoka.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2016 10:15 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Bored with a lot of time on my hands, so here's my in-depth primer, the factions of the SW boards chronologically as I understand them:

TOR/PT-OT divide

The SW equivalent of left and right, most debaters, even those unaffiliated with specific groups, fall within one of these two sides to varying levels of extremity. Those who favour the early eras vs those who favour the movie period. With most conflicts between debaters definable in these terms. They clash over various fundamentals, such as Sheev vs Valkorion and the prime of the Jedi.

|| Antidiluvians ||

Largely a bunch of old fossils who wank the equally ancient Sith, generally believing them to be above Palpatine, whom they frequently disparage. They possess a widely different worldview to that of modern times and tend to use a lot of big words in an attempt to appear more intelligent than they really are. However as the name suggests, they have been almost entirely superseded by a new era of PT and Sheev wank and are all but gone from these boards.

Prominent advocates: Nai, Ziggy, a bunch of debaters no longer active

|| Kunites ||

Affectionately titled "Kunts" by their detractors, this camp is defined by their worship of Kun, as well as (but not necessarily) all things TotJ. They overlap onto the Antediluvians, who commonly support Exar Kun as the most powerful Sith Lord over Sidious, but this is not a necessary belief to be a member, instead many are stalwart PT supporters.

Prominent advocates: AncientPower, ILS, Ellimist, Ziggy

|| Revanites ||

Hardly qualifying as a camp, as it only consists of one member, but said member being so persistently vocal about how great Revan and other KOTOR characters are, appears to be one regardless.

Prominent advocates: just Ant, yeah.

|| Avellonians ||

Distinct from your KOTOR I wanker, this camp reserves its respect solely for KOTOR II, of which they often believe to be the superior title. The Exile is their champion, Force wounds their bread and butter, and Drew Karpshyn the bane of their existence. They despise him more vehemently than perhaps any other camp.

Prominent advocates: Selenial, Zoltan, AncientPower

|| SWTORians ||

A varied camp ranging from moderates to extremists. The moderates are unpredictable and fickle, tending to wank only their most prominent members, while frequently defecting to the PT crowd as they please. The extremists on the other hand exist in sworn opposition to all PT wank and their advocates, and are among some of the most cancerous members among the boards. Conspiracy theorists believe the moderates seek to reform the camp from within, others believe they simply want to watch the world burn. The camp is united however in it's support of Vitiate/Valkorion over Sheev.

Prominent advocates: S_W_Legend, Nephthys, DarthAnt, Ziggy, Freshest, Skillz

|| Banites ||

Easily the most reviled camp of them all, every since DMBgate they have been subject to unrelenting assaults from the Bane dies campaign; one that has brought their champion, Darth Bane, low, and made himself and his contemporaries the butt of many jokes and memes. Through great hardship however they have become powerful, and as the trolls become prideful and complacent in victory, they gather strength and sympathisers in the shadows, preparing for the Second Coming of Bane.

Prominent advocates: EmperorDMB, Nepthys + various sympathisers

|| Bane Dies ||

More of a movement than a camp, the Bane dies campaign consists of powerful trolls who seek to shit on anything Bane related. Their mission has proven an unprecedented success, drastically lowering the opinion of Bane and his contemporaries widely in the minds of members from all walks of life.

Prominent advocates: Carthage, Jack, Ellimist + various sympathisers

|| Sheevites ||

Those who worship Sheev in all his aspects. Largely falling in favour on the PT era, they are nonetheless affiliated with various groups. United solely by their steadfast loyalty to Sheev as the Sith Lord who stands proud and erect above all others. They defeated the Antediluvians in an age old campaign, bringing the light and wisdom of Sheev to forums in their wake, and sweeping away the cancer that once plagued it. Even moreso than Sheev, Gideon is their champion, reincarnated in the witty jokester known as Tempest, who frequently humiliates all who stand against him, especially Neph.

Prominent advocates: Tempest, Elliminst, Sidious66, Beniboybling

|| Filonians ||

A relatively new camp of young, intelligent debaters, the Filonians are united in their favour and interest in TCW and Rebels characters. They enjoy good relations with fellow PT wankers, and sport some of the best interrelations among all the camps. They are also overwhelming gay, and this is good. Ahsoka is their champion, a divine entity whose beauty and grace fills their hearts with light. In the past, they among all others have been the most sympathetic towards the Banites, but recently relations have become increasingly strained.

Prominent advocates: King Joker, Beniboybling, Fated Xtasy, EmperorDMB

|| Stoverites ||

A very new faction, spawned by the controversial rhetoric of Sheevite and PT wanker, Ellimist, the RotS novelisation is their Bible and Anakin Skywalker their God. They believe in the blasphemous word of their prophet, Matthew Stover, who champions Anakin of the Furnace-heart as the most powerful Jedi ever. They seek to coil the dead-star dragon around the souls of their enemies, bringing forth a new age that worships Skywalker's divine locks. It is very likely that most of their members are in fact gay for Anakin, and few can blame them.

Prominent advocates: Elliminst, DarthAnt, AncientPower, Newguy

|| Legacy Wankers ||

A camp relatively unique in its separation from the TOR/PT-OT divide, they share a knowledge and favour for the Legacy era. They are responsible for the ascension of their Emperor, Darth Krayt, to top-tier status, and enjoy a remarkable level of favour among most camps, the ground realities of the era become imparted through intelligent discourse. They are ever growing in power, and, perhaps because of their remove from the TOR/PT-OT wars, have few detractors, though are marginally more popular among the PT wankers.

Prominent advocates: ILS, Newguy, Selenial, Zoltan

Last edited by Beniboybling on Jul 29th, 2016 at 11:10 PM

Old Post Jul 29th, 2016 10:55 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Beni ****ing claiming himself as a higher ranking Sheevite than me, while claiming Ahsoka survived his lightning.

Cancur smile

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2016 10:58 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Old Post Jul 29th, 2016 11:05 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Originally posted by Beniboybling
|| Avellonians ||

Prominent advocates: Zoltan

(please log in to view the image)

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Jul 29th, 2016 11:05 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Phenomenal work, Beni. smile

Old Post Jul 29th, 2016 11:08 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Bored with a lot of time on my hands, so here's my in-depth primer, the factions of the SW boards chronologically as I understand them:

TOR/PT-OT divide

The SW equivalent of left and right, most debaters, even those unaffiliated with specific groups, fall within one of these two sides to varying levels of extremity. Those who favour the early eras vs those who favour the movie period. With most conflicts between debaters definable in these terms. They clash over various fundamentals, such as Sheev vs Valkorion and the prime of the Jedi.

|| Antidiluvians ||

Largely a bunch of old fossils who wank the equally ancient Sith, generally believing them to be above Palpatine, whom they frequently disparage. They possess a widely different worldview to that of modern times and tend to use a lot of big words in an attempt to appear more intelligent that they really are. However as the name suggests, they have been almost entirely superseded by a new era of PT and Sheev wank and are all but gone from these boards.

Prominent advocates: Nai, Ziggy, a bunch of debaters no longer active

|| Kunites ||

Affectionately titled "Kunts" by their detractors, this camp is defined by their worship of Kun, as well as (but not necessarily) all things TotJ. They overlap onto the Antediluvians, who commonly support Exar Kun as the most powerful Sith Lord over Sidious, but this is not a necessary belief to be a member, instead many are stalwart PT supporters.

Prominent advocates: AncientPower, ILS, Ellimist, Ziggy

|| Revanites ||

Hardly qualifying as a camp, as it only consists of one member, but said member being so persistently vocal about how great Revan and other KOTOR characters are, appears to be one regardless.

Prominent advocates: just Ant, yeah.

|| Avellonians ||

Distinct from your KOTOR I wanker, this camp reserves its respect solely for KOTOR II, of which they often believe to be the superior title. The Exile is their champion, Force wounds their bread and butter, and Drew Karpshyn the bane of their existence. They despise him more vehemently than perhaps any other camp.

Prominent advocates: Selenial, Zoltan, AncientPower

|| SWTORians ||

A varied camp ranging from moderates to extremists. The moderates are unpredictable and fickle, tending to wank only their most prominent members, while frequently defecting to the PT crowd as they please. The extremists on the other hand exist in sworn opposition to all PT wank and their advocates, and are among some of the most cancerous members among the boards. Conspiracy theorists believe the moderates seek to reform the camp from within, others believe they simply want to watch the world burn. The camp is united however in it's support of Vitiate/Valkorion over Sheev.

Prominent advocates: S_W_Legend, Nephthys, DarthAnt, Ziggy, Freshest, Skillz

|| Banites ||

Easily the most reviled camp of them all, every since DMBgate they have been subject to unrelenting assaults from the Bane dies campaign; one that has brought their champion, Darth Bane, low, and made himself and his contemporaries the butt of many jokes and memes. Through great hardship however they have become powerful, and as the trolls become prideful and complacent in victory, they gather strength and sympathisers in the shadows, preparing for the Second Coming of Bane.

Prominent advocates: EmperorDMB, Nepthys + various sympathisers

|| Bane Dies ||

More of a movement than a camp, the Bane dies campaign consists of powerful trolls who seek to shit on anything Bane related. Their mission has proven an unprecedented success, drastically lowering the opinion of Bane and his contemporaries widely in the minds of members from all walks of life.

Prominent advocates: Carthage, Jack, Ellimist + various sympathisers

|| Sheevites ||

Those who worship Sheev in all his aspects. Largely falling in favour on the PT era, they are nonetheless affiliated with various groups. United solely by their steadfast loyalty to Sheev as the Sith Lord who stands proud and erect above all others. They defeated the Antediluvians in an age old campaign, bringing the light and wisdom of Sheev to forums in their wake, and sweeping away the cancer that once plagued it. Even moreso than Sheev, Gideon is their champion, reincarnated in the witty jokester known as Tempest, who frequently humiliates all who stand against him, especially Neph.

Prominent advocates: Tempest, Elliminst, Sidious66, Beniboybling

|| Filonians ||

A relatively new camp of young, intelligent debaters, the Filonians are united in their favour and interest in TCW and Rebels characters. They enjoy good relations with fellow PT wankers, and sport some of the best interrelations among all the camps. They are also overwhelming gay, and this is good. Ahsoka is their champion, a divine entity whose beauty and grace fills their hearts with light. In the past, they among all others have been the most sympathetic towards the Banites, but recently relations have become increasingly strained.

Prominent advocates: King Joker, Beniboybling, Fated Xtasy, EmperorDMB

|| Stoverites ||

A very new faction, spawned by the controversial rhetoric of Sheevite and PT wanker, Ellimist, the RotS novelisation is their Bible and Anakin Skywalker their God. They believe in the blasphemous word of their prophet, Matthew Stover, who champions Anakin of the Furnace-heart as the most powerful Jedi ever. They seek to coil the dead-star dragon around the souls of their enemies, bringing forth a new age that worships Skywalker's divine locks. It is very likely that most of their members are in fact gay for Anakin, and few can blame them.

Prominent advocates: Elliminst, DarthAnt, AncientPower, Newguy

|| Legacy Wankers ||

A camp relatively unique in its separation from the TOR/PT-OT divide, they share a knowledge and favour for the Legacy era. They are responsible for the ascension of their Emperor, Darth Krayt, to top-tier status, and enjoy a remarkable level of favour among most camps, the ground realities of the era become imparted through intelligent discourse. They are ever growing in power, and, perhaps because of their remove from the TOR/PT-OT wars, have few detractors, though are marginally more popular among the PT wankers.

Prominent advocates: ILS, Newguy, Zoltan, Selenial

Beni don't I get a camp? sad

Old Post Jul 29th, 2016 11:09 PM
cs_zoltan

Yeah please quote the whole thing for a 1 line replay you phucking c-unt.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2016 11:10 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by cs_zoltan
(please log in to view the image)
Could of sworn you favoured Surik, or maybe you just hate Drew.
There is a place for you in Filonians, if you only let go of your hate. smile

Old Post Jul 29th, 2016 11:11 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

I'm not a SWTORian, lol.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jul 29th, 2016 11:13 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Could of sworn you favoured Surik, or maybe you just hate Drew.

Ask Sel if she thinks I fit in there smile

Old Post Jul 29th, 2016 11:15 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I'm not a SWTORian, lol.
|| SWTORians ||

unpredictable and fickle
As always I'm on the money. smile
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Ask Sel if she thinks I fit in there smile
smile smile smile

Old Post Jul 29th, 2016 11:17 PM