KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » AOTC Anakin vs Kit Fisto

AOTC Anakin vs Kit Fisto
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

AOTC Anakin vs Kit Fisto

1. Sabers

2. Force

3. All-Out

Who takes this?

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Aug 1st, 2016 01:00 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

1. Fisto.
2. Anakin.
3. Prolly Fisto, tbh.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2016 01:02 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fisto in all but Anakin makes him work

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Aug 1st, 2016 05:46 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ziggystardust
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh I doubt Fisto can take Anakin.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2016 05:53 PM
Click here to Send Ziggystardust a Private Message Find more posts by Ziggystardust Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ziggystardust
Oh I doubt Fisto can take Anakin.
...AOTC Anakin?...

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Aug 1st, 2016 05:56 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ziggystardust
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Jmanghan
...AOTC Anakin?...

Anakin's aptitude is still the key. It should be enough, even at this point, to circumvent the amount of experience Fisto holds over him, especially given Fisto's choice of form. Then consider their separate performances against Ventress, and Anakin comes off a little better.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2016 06:44 PM
Click here to Send Ziggystardust a Private Message Find more posts by Ziggystardust Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Fisto.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2016 06:54 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Anakin's aptitude is still the key. It should be enough, even at this point, to circumvent the amount of experience Fisto holds over him, especially given Fisto's choice of form. Then consider their separate performances against Ventress, and Anakin comes off a little better.

The novel does specifically note Ventress's form advantage.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2016 07:24 PM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ziggystardust
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Syndicate
The novel does specifically note Ventress's form advantage.

That is true. But have you ever asked, why does that form advantage exist in the first place? It's not because the Makashi's kata's were specifically designed to counter form 1, but more because the forms are so different in their nature. Form I was based on simplistic fencing principles, and defining the types of attacks, parries, body zones and practice drills that could be utilized with the lightsaber. It's generally bad for 1 on 1 duels altogether, which is an area where Makashi excels. However, Djem so was developed as a varient of Shein, and also focused on 1 vs 1 lightsaber dueling, as noted by Essential Guide to the Force, and of course, your favorite novel ever, The Force unleashed.

The reality is that Fisto is at a disadvantage in most duels, so I imagine most of his wins come from his natural, Force assisted, talent. He's not close to Anakin in this regard however.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2016 07:57 PM
Syndicate

My favorite novel is actually Revenge of the Sith. :>

I believe the reason Makashi is inherently advantaged against Shii Cho is because it's noted somewhere that Makashi was made to make up for Form I's weaknesses and generally be a superior version of it. This is likely at the cost of its ability to generate kinetic force or deal with multiple opponents as effectively though that's speculation. What I know is that the text specifically states Makashi has an advantage over Shii Cho. I do not know if this applies to other forms. I'll leave that to others such as yourself.

Last edited by Syndicate on Aug 1st, 2016 at 08:24 PM

Old Post Aug 1st, 2016 08:18 PM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

It's not because the Makashi's kata's were specifically designed to counter form 1.

Actually they were iirc. Not sure tho.

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Aug 1st, 2016 08:19 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by |King Joker|
Fisto.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2016 08:50 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ziggystardust
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Actually they were iirc. Not sure tho.

It is stated in Fightsaber that Makashi was created as a counter to the first form, Shii-Cho, because it relies on precision swordplay to counter Form I's broader movements, which is pretty logical. The snag here is that the Fightsaber article is neither canon in it's current form, as in one of Disney's machinations, nor was it canon in the old continuity either. It's also not correct.

Form II was created because both the Sith and fallen Jedi began to arise, and lightsaber duels became the norm. Shii-Cho was simply not a good enough option, seen as it didn't address lightsaber-to-lightsaber combat in any measure. This is exactly what necessitated the development of Makashi, a precise and efficient fighting form geared towards lightsaber dueling. Shi Cho on the other hand, was just an experimental form birthed between the transition period from swords to lightsabers. As I said before, it's basic, and far less refined then the other forms. Makashi, as the the most dueling-centric marial art, is clearly going to be it's worst nightmare. But it's not likely to fair well against the other form specifically noted for it's 1-on-1 dueling prowess, and that's exactly what Anakin will be using against him.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2016 09:20 PM
Darth Thor

Anakin

Old Post Aug 1st, 2016 09:23 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Anakin in all TBH.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2016 11:37 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

It is stated in Fightsaber that Makashi was created as a counter to the first form, Shii-Cho, because it relies on precision swordplay to counter Form I's broader movements, which is pretty logical. The snag here is that the Fightsaber article is neither canon in it's current form, as in one of Disney's machinations, nor was it canon in the old continuity either. It's also not correct.

Form II was created because both the Sith and fallen Jedi began to arise, and lightsaber duels became the norm. Shii-Cho was simply not a good enough option, seen as it didn't address lightsaber-to-lightsaber combat in any measure. This is exactly what necessitated the development of Makashi, a precise and efficient fighting form geared towards lightsaber dueling. Shi Cho on the other hand, was just an experimental form birthed between the transition period from swords to lightsabers. As I said before, it's basic, and far less refined then the other forms. Makashi, as the the most dueling-centric marial art, is clearly going to be it's worst nightmare. But it's not likely to fair well against the other form specifically noted for it's 1-on-1 dueling prowess, and that's exactly what Anakin will be using against him.

What makes it non canon in Legends continuity?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2016 02:34 AM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Probably the fact it's massively contradicted in most sources.

Jedi vs Sith has a passage by our good friend Cin Drallig. It explains the development of Makashi and the other forms, and grants a bit of insight into what Fightsaber was trying to convey. Makashi was developed as a counter to form I in that Makashi was actually a dueling form. Shii-Cho was criminally underperforming in the wars against The Sith.

It's why Makashi usage dropped exponentially after the Battle of Ruusan, and Shii-Cho became more popular. Shii-Cho is the best Lightsaber form for a lot of the challenges that a Jedi of the PT era faced, but not dueling. So yeh, I personally doubt Makashi is a counter in and of itself, (mainly because there's no logical reason for that, a much more natural counter would be Form III) but merely because a form designed for dueling will always outperform a form not designed for dueling if the practitioners are even close in skill.

And as Ziggy rightfully points out (I know, strange), Cin makes it very clear in Jedi vs Sith that Djem-So is as purely designed for dueling as they get.

That caveat aside though, would the advantage be enough for Anakin? In sabers only, perhaps

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2016 02:58 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by ares834
Anakin in all TBH.

You have Ventress above Fisto?

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2016 03:03 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Originally posted by Selenial
Probably the fact it's massively contradicted in most sources.

Jedi vs Sith has a passage by our good friend Cin Drallig. It explains the development of Makashi and the other forms, and grants a bit of insight into what Fightsaber was trying to convey. Makashi was developed as a counter to form I in that Makashi was actually a dueling form. Shii-Cho was criminally underperforming in the wars against The Sith.

It's why Makashi usage dropped exponentially after the Battle of Ruusan, and Shii-Cho became more popular. Shii-Cho is the best Lightsaber form for a lot of the challenges that a Jedi of the PT era faced, but not dueling. So yeh, I personally doubt Makashi is a counter in and of itself, (mainly because there's no logical reason for that, a much more natural counter would be Form III) but merely because a form designed for dueling will always outperform a form not designed for dueling if the practitioners are even close in skill.

And as Ziggy rightfully points out (I know, strange), Cin makes it very clear in Jedi vs Sith that Djem-So is as purely designed for dueling as they get.

That caveat aside though, would the advantage be enough for Anakin? In sabers only, perhaps

Does it say that Makashi was a counter to Form I only in that it was designed for a different purpose or is that never addressed?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2016 03:14 AM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by Syndicate
Does it say that Makashi was a counter to Form I only in that it was designed for a different purpose or is that never addressed?

It says Form I was never designed for dueling, and Form II was developed solely for Lightsaber dueling and was adopted during periods of war between blade wielding factions.

It makes no mention of the comparison between them, but like I said, the Fightsaber article contradicts other sources in the same vein. For example, the whole precise movements to counter the broad strokes and gaps in defences is attributed in other sources to Soresu, not Makashi.

It simply appears that any form designed for dueling can pick apart Form I. Sucks for Fisto.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2016 03:25 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote