KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » AOTC Anakin vs Kit Fisto

AOTC Anakin vs Kit Fisto
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zenwolf

Edit: Sel got it.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Aug 2nd, 2016 at 03:29 AM

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2016 03:27 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Selenial

It simply appears that any form designed for dueling can pick apart Form I. Sucks for Fisto.

Not entirely surprising tbh.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2016 03:29 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Originally posted by Selenial
It says Form I was never designed for dueling, and Form II was developed solely for Lightsaber dueling and was adopted during periods of war between blade wielding factions.

It makes no mention of the comparison between them, but like I said, the Fightsaber article contradicts other sources in the same vein. For example, the whole precise movements to counter the broad strokes and gaps in defences is attributed in other sources to Soresu, not Makashi.

It simply appears that any form designed for dueling can pick apart Form I. Sucks for Fisto.

Can I get the quote you're referring to for context? If nothing contradicts the fightsaber quote I see no reason to disregard it.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2016 04:16 AM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ziggystardust
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Syndicate
What makes it non canon in Legends continuity?

Well surely the burden of proof is on you to prove its canonical roots. If I was to present you with a home-made, albeit nicely illustrated comic of Darth Vader, create a Wookiepedia article regarding the publication and tell everyone that it was in fact, a canon-source... does that make it so? And that's the problem I'm seeing here. Star Wars Insider is not a canon source because it never was a canon source. It is a fan-made creation that sometimes draw from the perosnal views of various authors. Their opinions, however, are not part of any official work.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2016 12:04 PM
Click here to Send Ziggystardust a Private Message Find more posts by Ziggystardust Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by Ziggystardust
The reality is that Fisto is at a disadvantage in most duels, so I imagine most of his wins come from his natural, Force assisted, talent. He's not close to Anakin in this regard however.
I doubt that, even when deliberately holding back his Force augmentative strength along with a host of other self-imposed disadvantages, AotC Kenobi was unable to break through his defence, and pronounced him "the better swordfighter, astonishingly aggressive and intuitive", and while the Djem So variant of Form V was designed specifically for lightsaber-to-lightsaber combat, Anakin has yet to master it, all he has is Shien.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2016 12:45 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

Logically, Fisto should probably win.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2016 12:47 PM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

And he will tbh, Anakin is good but he's not Council level yet.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2016 12:52 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

How big is Anakin's form advantage?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2016 12:55 PM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

He doesn't have one.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2016 12:57 PM
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mm, just checking... People love to hate Shii-Cho

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2016 12:58 PM
Ziggystardust
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Mm, just checking... People love to hate Shii-Cho

Just checking? You'll have to do more than ask Beni, for his personal opinion on the matter. If you haven't noticed by now, he's not particularly the type to think for himself, or the type to connecting various dots with evidence and come up with conclusions. It is true, there is not a big neon signal that literally states Djem so is the superior form. There is however, this :

"Because the ancient Jedi did not have lightsaber-wielding enemies, Form I does not address the lightsaber-to-lightsaber combat."
―Cin Drallig

"Form V's Djem So variation is devoted specifically to lightsaber dueling."
―Cin Drallig

I'm sure one can make conclusions from what this might implicate. It's not that hard.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2016 01:06 PM
Click here to Send Ziggystardust a Private Message Find more posts by Ziggystardust Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

AotC Anakin does not wield Djem So dear, that appears to be the dot you are missing.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2016 01:08 PM
ares834

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
You have Ventress above Fisto?

Yes.

She has defeated him in a duel after all.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2016 01:56 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

AOTC Fisto was better than AOTC Kenobi, so assuming Fisto improved throughout the wars, he should be beyond AOTC Anakin.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2016 02:24 PM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ziggystardust
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Beniboybling
AotC Anakin does not wield Djem So dear, that appears to be the dot you are missing.

I'm afraid that Star Wars continuity according to Beniboybling, is not the correct answer.... he does.

Originally posted by AncientPower
AOTC Fisto was better than AOTC Kenobi, so assuming Fisto improved throughout the wars, he should be beyond AOTC Anakin.

Always knew you weren't a true member of the movement. Just so you know, I'm going off the rather radical pretense that Obi Wan and Anakin are not the same person.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2016 02:39 PM
Syndicate

Well surely the burden of proof is on you to prove its canonical roots. If I was to present you with a home-made, albeit nicely illustrated comic of Darth Vader, create a Wookiepedia article regarding the publication and tell everyone that it was in fact, a canon-source... does that make it so? And that's the problem I'm seeing here. Star Wars Insider is not a canon source because it never was a canon source. It is a fan-made creation that sometimes draw from the perosnal views of various authors. Their opinions, however, are not part of any official work.

So you're saying Fightsaber was never a canon source or officialized by anybody with authority in this area?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2016 02:44 PM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ziggystardust
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Syndicate
So you're saying Fightsaber was never a canon source or officialized by anybody with authority in this area?

I think I made that pretty clear.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2016 02:47 PM
Syndicate

I was unaware.

Can anyone confirm this for me?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2016 02:47 PM
Zenwolf

News to me about the Insiders being non-canon even in Legends, where's the source for this?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2016 03:02 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

I'm afraid that Star Wars continuity according to Beniboybling, is not the correct answer.... he does.
It's stated that he hadn't in the RotS novelisation, but please, enlighten me with your sources. erm

Last edited by Beniboybling on Aug 2nd, 2016 at 03:06 PM

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2016 03:04 PM