KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Ready Player One

Ready Player One
Started by: Firefly218

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The author of the book is doing a sequel with input from Spielberg

https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/10...one-book-sequel

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 12:00 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

Looks like mega stimulation overload.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 01:47 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

I couldn't be less interested..

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 01:49 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'm sure actual book is good

but i hope there's more to the movie then just game character cameo's.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 01:55 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I will see this but I do agree I'm not excited at all.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 02:23 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Only thing that interested me was the delorean

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 05:26 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, this really looks like trash. I mean, knowing Spielberg it'll probably be pretty well-made trash, but still trash.

I expected Spielberg to sort of embrace modern CGI and various technology, but I honestly never would have expected him to go this far. This is too much.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 01:15 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 06:38 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Saw an early screening of this tonight. Absolutely loved it. There's an entire scene set in [SPOILER - highlight to read]: The Overlook Hotel from The Shining that is tremendous and where else can you get [SPOILER - highlight to read]: The Iron Giant and Gundam fighting Mecha-Godzilla.

I saw it in 3D and it was the most unintrusive and flawless application of it so far.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2018 10:57 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I'm excited to see Ready Player One.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Mar 19th, 2018 11:02 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Same. Taking both my kids to it; looks great.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 19th, 2018 11:04 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Hoping to get to the teatro for this one for sure.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2018 11:16 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Has anyone read the novel? One of my film buff buddies remarked, "Hopefully it's better than the book," after seeing the trailer before Black Panther.

EDIT: Changed a word.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 12:36 AM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by John Murdoch
Has anyone read the novel? One of my film buff buddies remarked, "Hopefully it's better than the book," after seeing the trailer before Black Panther.

I've read it and it's a fun book. When the book was first released it was getting universal praise but as soon as something gets too popular there's always people who gang up to hate on it and magnify its issues and belittle its strengths.

But whatever

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 12:44 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by John Murdoch

The book references a lot more obscure gaming history. The movie sticks to more movie references as it works better in the visual medium. The three main puzzles are completely different from the books.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 12:57 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Surprised to hear this movie is good. Thought it kinda looked like shit. Might see it now.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 01:02 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
Surprised to hear this movie is good. Thought it kinda looked like shit. Might see it now.

Its got the lady from room 237 in it. You'll have your cock out at the showing. It doesn't have the blowjob bear though.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 01:13 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by jaden101
You'll have your cock out at the showing.

I dunno, the theater says they've given me my last warning about that.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 01:24 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
I dunno, the theater says they've given me my last warning about that.

Popcorn surprise time.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 01:29 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I've heard the movie is heaps better then the book.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 01:32 AM