KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Dunkirk

Dunkirk
Started by: jaden101

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

Catching it this weekend, can't wait. Love me a good WW2 flick.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 26th, 2017 07:25 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Same here

Old Post Jul 26th, 2017 07:32 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Luke > Snoke

It was amazing.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2017 08:23 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Love how the SJW Critic Hax are bitching about there not being enough DIVERSITY in this movie....Lolz!

Lol yes. Complaining there are too many white people.

So a movie about slavery in the early 1800's would surely receive complaints if all the slaves were played by solely black actors.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2017 10:17 PM
Surtur is online now! Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

so much for the silly naysayers thinking this wasn't gonna money...

seems everything nolan touches turns to gold...

after tomorrow $200 million plus worldwide...

http://deadline.com/2017/07/dunkirk...lly-1202138644/

Thanks Steve... The Darkside of the force...

Old Post Jul 29th, 2017 06:47 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

It is less then 2 hours long and has almost no dialogue. I think Hollywood could learn a lot from this....or at least I wish they would.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2017 07:18 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur

Nolan's next film is about the first Native Americans in this country.

People will complain there aren't enough transgender vikings in the movie.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2017 07:21 PM
Surtur is online now! Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Why is having barely any dialogue a good thing? I've heard it from other people and I'm genuinely interested.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jul 29th, 2017 07:21 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
It's Fat Albert

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Why is having barely any dialogue a good thing? I've heard it from other people and I'm genuinely interested.

Seems liked it's purpose was for the viewer to project their own personality onto the characters.

That and for 1 of the 3 stories there's no dialogue between the two men because it's revealed later that one of them is French in a stolen British uniform. It's only when the One Direction guy threatens to shoot him as a German spy that he finally speaks.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jul 29th, 2017 08:03 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Surtur
Nolan's next film is about the first Native Americans in this country.

People will complain there aren't enough transgender vikings in the movie.

i'll see that if he directs big grin big grin

Thanks Steve... The Darkside of the force...

Old Post Jul 30th, 2017 06:53 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur

Reminds me of how in the upcoming Call of Duty you can play as a black female nazi in multiplayer if you want lol.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2017 09:57 PM
Flyattractor

I heard that the word Nazi isn't mentioned once in the movie.
Also heard that if you don't pay attention in the first few minutes of the movie, you won't even know that it is the GERMANS that are the "Bad Guys".

Might go see this next weekend.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2017 10:58 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur

The sequel will be "DunKirked". Captain Kirk travels back in time to fight Klingon Nazis.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2017 11:05 PM
Flyattractor

They already did that on Enterprise.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2017 02:03 AM
Surtur

Originally posted by Flyattractor
They already did that on Enterprise.

Those weren't Klingons though.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2017 12:59 PM
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

This film was excellent, highly recommend to catch this in the theater. Loved the use of the same scene being shown from multiple viewpoints to bring the plots closer together.

edit: One of the previews I saw is an upcoming film on Churchill starring Gary Oldman as the Churchill, that also looks excellent. 'Darkness Hour' (2017)

Last edited by Robtard on Jul 31st, 2017 at 05:56 PM

Old Post Jul 31st, 2017 05:52 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
It's Fat Albert

Originally posted by Robtard
This film was excellent, highly recommend to catch this in the theater. Loved the use of the same scene being shown from multiple viewpoints to bring the plots closer together.

edit: One of the previews I saw is an upcoming film on Churchill starring Gary Oldman as the Churchill, that also looks excellent. "Darkness Hour"

There's also one with Brian Cox as Churchill. Which is ironic because Brian Cox is from Dundee and Churchill hated Dundee as he was kicked out as MP after 14 years after being defeated at the election by the only MP ever to get elected to Parliament on the issue of prohibition.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jul 31st, 2017 06:00 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

Originally posted by jaden101
There's also one with Brian Cox as Churchill. Which is ironic because Brian Cox is from Dundee and Churchill hated Dundee as he was kicked out as MP after 14 years after being defeated at the election by the only MP ever to get elected to Parliament on the issue of prohibition.

Thanks, will check it out. This one seems to center towards the end of the war, while Oldman's at the early stages.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2017 06:06 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Saw this film a few days ago.

On a technical level, it was impressive. However, I simply found myself not very invested in anything that was going on and didn't really care about any of the characters. As spectacle it was good, and it was unique for a war film of this nature, but I was a bit disappointed. Still enjoyed it well enough, but with the reviews I expected and hoped to like it more.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2017 04:10 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

Originally posted by BackFire
Saw this film a few days ago.

On a technical level, it was impressive. However, I simply found myself not very invested in anything that was going on and didn't really care about any of the characters. As spectacle it was good, and it was unique for a war film of this nature, but I was a bit disappointed. Still enjoyed it well enough, but with the reviews I expected and hoped to like it more.

^ Obvious Nazi sympathizer

Old Post Aug 1st, 2017 10:38 PM