KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Dunkirk

Dunkirk
Started by: jaden101

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
Saw this film a few days ago.

On a technical level, it was impressive. However, I simply found myself not very invested in anything that was going on and didn't really care about any of the characters. As spectacle it was good, and it was unique for a war film of this nature, but I was a bit disappointed. Still enjoyed it well enough, but with the reviews I expected and hoped to like it more.
I watched it yesterday and felt the same way tbh.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Aug 1st, 2017 10:47 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
Saw this film a few days ago.

On a technical level, it was impressive. However, I simply found myself not very invested in anything that was going on and didn't really care about any of the characters. As spectacle it was good, and it was unique for a war film of this nature, but I was a bit disappointed. Still enjoyed it well enough, but with the reviews I expected and hoped to like it more.
thumb up this echoes my feelings in the movie too.

I thought it was good and I appreciated the "old fashioned" way it was made etc with no cgi. But I was left wanting more from it. Part of me thinks that's because we are spoiled nowadays with movies as there seems to be a big blockbuster/epic movie out every other week.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 09:50 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Frankly, what I personally didn't enjoy was the minimalistic approach to the dialogue and character development. The only characters that got a somewhat interesting development during the movie were One Direction guy and Scarecrow.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Aug 7th, 2017 05:55 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I finished watching this last night and my feelings reflect what's already been said: The character development was very lacking, so I really didn't care what happened to anyone (and that's a big flaw for a war film, imo), but the spectacle was entertaining. The cinematography was a little inconsistent in my opinion, too. There were stunning shots of magnificent beauty with terrible hand-held shaky cam mixed in every once in a while. That drives me nuts. Also, why did the aspect ratio keep changing? That's just distracting. Pick one and stick with it (preferably 16:9).

I'll actually be a little annoyed if this gets a Best Picture nomination. I don't know why Christopher Nolan gets a pass on so many flaws. Interstellar was massively flawed, too. The consensus on RT for this is extremely misleading...

quote:
Dunkirk serves up emotionally satisfying spectacle, delivered by a writer-director in full command of his craft and brought to life by a gifted ensemble cast that honors the fact-based story.

RT

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 01:54 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dunkirk has more emotion than people understand

Old Post Jan 20th, 2018 10:45 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote