KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Luke Cage (Netflix)

Luke Cage (Netflix)
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Episode 4. Starts slow but just keeps building and building. So far it's not yet as good as Daredevil or Punisher but it's showing a lot of promise. The fighting scenes are a bit of a let-down because he doesn't really do anything besides slap a few guys around. Story's pretty good though and the music and cinematography is excellent. Hopefully we'll see him go all-out before the show is over.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2016 10:42 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I hope he's tanking nukes by the end of the season, cuz that's what Bendis would want. thumb up

#RealTalk

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 12:16 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Watched the first episode, liked it. I'm halfway through the second one now.

I'm already worried Pop won't survive this season.

Last edited by Surtur on Oct 1st, 2016 at 01:23 AM

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 01:18 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well f*ck lol.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 01:45 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

about to start the 3rd episode. I like most of it but some of the performances were pretty bad. Especially the bad guys.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 05:05 AM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dynamix
about to start the 3rd episode. I like most of it but some of the performances were pretty bad. Especially the bad guys.
Are you talking about the random goons?

The main bad guy is good.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 05:07 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

yeah i was referring to the main bad guy too. It just felt callow to me. Like he's trying very hard to look "mob'ish. There's no subtlety or nuance about his performance at all.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 05:31 AM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I'm 5 episodes in. Been enjoying it so far. Stokes isn't quite Fisk, IMO, but still enjoyable. And Luke has been a hell of a lot more impressive so far than he was at any point in Jessica Jones. I have to say I am enjoying the sound track too, and there have been a couple of really good shots/camera work/cinematography. Not really a fan of Misty so far though.

Only one somewhat PIS moment so far, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: in that there was no way that old lady should have survived the rocket. The explosion caused a massive fireball, blew out the shop walls and caused the whole building to collapse in on itself. Even if Luke covered her with his whole body, there is no way he could have protected her from all that. But they needed him to pull off some amazing save to get the people in Harlem excited, which is why I call it a PIS moment.

Also, it almost looks like he gets her out of the way before the rocket hits him in the back. How the hell can he just be KO'd from that, but the shotgun pressed behind the chin bone (it was actually pressed against the mylohyoid muscle, in the gap between chin bone and Adam's apple, as someone pointed out via screenshots on another forum) causes a brain hemorrhage? Or the gun going off in his hand. Even if his bones and skin are tough, the severity of damage the shotgun did should mean that he would have had at least some inflammation/swelling/discomfort in his hand for a while afterwards, but that was not the case. Hell, nothing up until now has done any kind of lasting damage, so that shotgun is looking more and more like major PIS.

Then again, Luke's "coma" in JJ seemed to be tied to Kilgrave as well, as he woke up after Jessica snapped Kilgrave's neck.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Oct 1st, 2016 at 06:10 AM

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 06:05 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like the bad guy, though I guess I would have preferred someone with powers.

It's kind of weird though seeing Juice from Sons of Anarchy. Poor Juice, he tried so hard. The main villain was in 4400 as well.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 03:02 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I still remember The 4400. I actually enjoyed that show. IIRC, the actor who plays Cottonmouth had TK powers in it, and was the father of the uber powerful crazy girl.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 03:11 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

I'm really diggin Luke Cage. It's like Shaft (with super strength) meets New York Undercover. It plays like a modern take on 70's blaxploitation flicks with 90's period New York flavoring, but takes a dramatic approach instead of satire. Once I saw Raphael Saddiq and Faith Evans I was sold. I almost expected Malik Yoba and Michael Delorenzo to be in Cottomouth's club after a day on the beat. I'm on episode 9 now.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 06:34 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

I like Luke Cage's character.

I'm not sure if he's the same in the comics, he always seemed like a shallow parody, but in here he's full of depth.

He's a solid man with plenty of layers and is very righteous. I also like how uncomfortable he is when he says nigga. It truly pains him to say the word.

I also love the music. I love that its full of jazz, blues and funk and not just hip hop. It's very versatile and I've always been a fan of the old school genres.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 06:51 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

watched first ep last night.. have to say that I was not impressed... Took too long to develop his character.. Cotttonmouth seems like someone that will be a thorn in Cage's side. will watch more episodes later to see if my opinion will change.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 07:17 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

...You weren't impressed with Misty Knight's assets??

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 07:52 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Cage totally held back against Stryker, lol

All and all great series, and as expected Marvel's Netflix series are amazing.

10/10

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 08:12 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Also the doctor that got the Shrapnel out of Luke's body is seen in a hospital with Stryker after the fight. We might see Diamondback return at some point enhanced. He somehow was able to keep the data from the prison in Georgia

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 08:44 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: He was able to copy the thumb drive to his hard drive and it wasn't destroyed when Luke tossed the tower and smashed barn.

>Z<

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 09:11 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Cottonmouth is an awesome villain

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 09:11 PM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Yeah, Cottonmouth was dope. He's like Stringer Bell and Nino Brown blended together. I know people will compare him to Kingpin but I feel it's an unfair comparison. D'Onofrio was going for a whole different type of criminal with his Wilson Fisk adaptation.

>Z<

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 09:28 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I still remember The 4400. I actually enjoyed that show. IIRC, the actor who plays Cottonmouth had TK powers in it, and was the father of the uber powerful crazy girl.

Yeah he got TK in later seasons and eventually became a bad ass with it.

The entire show is on Netflix, it's too bad it was cancelled since it ended on sort of a cliffhanger.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 10:03 PM