KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Luke Cage (Netflix)

Luke Cage (Netflix)
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

will watch but season one was underwhelming

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 03:43 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I'd be keen on season 2, but they really need to get a better villain. Honestly, Cottonmouth was much more enjoyable than his cow of a cousin, or Diamondback. At least, IMO. I did like Shades, though.

Unfortunately, based on the s1 ending, we will be getting more lame-a** Diamondback in the future.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 06:25 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yeah not really interested at this point, but will probably watch anyway as it's part of the Netflix shared Universe.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 01:16 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Hopefully, since this will be after Iron Fist, Defenders, Punisher and more Jessica Jones and Daredevil there will be a lot more to choose from to create a story that's not quite as linear and predictable as the first season. I still like Luke Cage and I thought they had a decent cast, just the plot and the writing left it down since I think they could have condensed all that into 6 - 8 episodes.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 01:27 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

The thing about Diamondback that pissed me off is that Luke has an actual 100% biological brother named Coldfire who got powers of his own to take Luke out. I think it would have been more enjoyable to keep that storyline intact than use it and switch in Diamonback for Coldfire.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 01:46 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 7th, 2017 11:22 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

"Responding to the call for more women directors in television, Netflix has tapped Lucy Liu to helm the Season 2 premiere of Luke Cage.

Liu has five previous directing credits, including the 2011 sex-trafficking film Meena, one episode of USA Network’s drama Graceland, and, most recently, four episodes of Elementary."

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2017 09:21 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I'm really hoping they picked her because they genuinely liked her previous directing work, and not because she has a vagina. Considering that I have lost a job because of position quota-related BS before, that kind of crap annoys the hell out of me.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2017 12:48 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Looks like they've casted Bushmaster and Nightshade for Season 2:

http://screenrant.com/luke-cage-sea...brielle-dennis/

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Jul 12th, 2017 02:22 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 29th, 2017 06:01 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

We'll also be getting an Iron Fist team up in S2, based on a recently released image. Hopefully it will be better than JJ S2.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2018 11:41 AM
cdtm

Show adapted Living Weapon series Danny, so I dunno.

That's the one written by a Canadian SJW, who called him one of the most privileged people on Earth in an interview, and had a five year old girl and a woman reporter show him up.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2018 12:08 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

It won’t take much to be better than IF season 1 and JJ S2.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 03:21 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CtuY-TmspO4

A few clips of Misty with her arm, Cage survives a diesel truck Explosion, and we get to see a few clips of Bushmaster fighting Cage. Bushmaster looks intense and unhinged imo

Old Post May 7th, 2018 02:15 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Hot damn, Bushmaster already looks like a beast. Two hits from him seemed to f*** Luke up worse than an Iron Fist did.

Old Post May 8th, 2018 11:48 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8cI8SHLaLQ

I wonder what Bushmaster's motivations are in this season. Its clear he's going after Black Mariah, but they haven't really hinted at why. He also knocks down a large security door, tanks a bullet to his eye, and catches a punch by Luke and makes him wince with pain as he squeezes his hand

Old Post Jun 12th, 2018 06:49 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8cI8SHLaLQ

I wonder what Bushmaster's motivations are in this season. Its clear he's going after Black Mariah, but they haven't really hinted at why. He also knocks down a large security door, tanks a bullet to his eye, and catches a punch by Luke and makes him wince with pain as he squeezes his hand

Look again, it actually looks like he dodges the bullet. His head suddenly snaps to the side, out of its way, while we are still in the slowmo.

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 13th, 2018 07:43 AM
Darth Thor

Trailer looks good, but man after a decent start S1 just ended up being such a huge disappointment.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2018 06:36 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Problem with S1 was that Cottonmouth was such an interesting and charismatic villain. And then they killed him off (in a garbage way to boot) and gave us the idiot with daddy issues as a final antagonist. And it was made all the worse by the fact that Diamondback was heavily hyped before he finally appeared, and then ended up being a disappointment. I personally still liked Season 1 overall though, but it did slump a bit towards the end.

But Mariah and Shades are good, and look like they will be playing a more prominent role this time around. So, if Bushmaster can pull it off, it could make for an interesting season.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2018 06:22 AM
Darth Thor

^ Oh I really disliked it after Cottonmouth went.

And outright hated it after Diamondback came into it.

But yeah will still give S2 a shot.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2018 10:44 PM