KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Luke Cage (Netflix)

Luke Cage (Netflix)
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Seen two reviews so far now. One overall positive, and one overall negative. Though, if nothing else, both said that the action scenes were done well.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2018 12:18 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

On episode 3. Great music, cool dialogue but daaaaamn, it's slow.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 03:28 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Not surprised. Wasn't even half way through the first episode before encountering very obvious filler-footage. Which does not bode well for the rest of the season.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 04:10 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

First episode was a bit slow, but I still dug it overall. One thing I found interesting was that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Judas bullets no longer seem to work on Cage. I am guessing this has something to do with the second treatment he got when they removed the bullet fragments in S1.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 05:10 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I legit lol'd in the 2nd episode when [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Cockroach tried kicking Luke in the nuts and hurt his leg.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 06:35 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
First episode was a bit slow, but I still dug it overall. One thing I found interesting was that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Judas bullets no longer seem to work on Cage. I am guessing this has something to do with the second treatment he got when they removed the bullet fragments in S1.

Claire remarks that after he was submerged in acid in season 1 [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Cages strength/durability increased
Which would mean that Bushmaster hits harder than Diamondback lol

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 11:07 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

One thing I missed about Luke, which made its return in the first episode as well, is the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: forehead slap KO. Those are always amusing.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 03:25 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Damn, after starting on episode 3, I actually feel bad [SPOILER - highlight to read]: about laughing at Cockroach. Luke seriously phucked him up. And the scary part is, Luke wasn't even straining himself. I mean, yes, he wasn't going as light as he normally does, but he was basically just casually ragdolling the guy around the room and left him looking bloody, battered and half-dead. That's one thing the netflix shows do better than the films IMO. Show you what people realistically would look like if they took a proper beating from a superhuman.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 07:19 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Also, lol at Shades just appearing there silently, like a damn creeper. People who have watched episode 3 will know what I mean.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 07:45 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I genuinely like Danny’s character progression. He genuinely cares about Luke and it seems the events of Defenders really gave him some perspective about the threats out there.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 04:13 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Only on episode 4 so far and there's a lot of pointless scenes in some of these episodes so far IMO. Granted it doesn't completely take me out of the show like Jessica Jones S2 but it is something that irks me.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 05:18 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

My only complaint is Mariah has had way too much screen time
Other than that it’s been a decent season and it definitely makes up for JJ Season 2. Bushmaster has been a good villain

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 06:08 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I've been enjoying it overall so far. Yeah, there have been some slow moments, but nowhere near as bad as JJ s2 dragged at points IMO. Bushmaster (at least up until the point I have watched) has been infinitely better than Diamondback. Mariah is... Quite frankly, that woman seems batshit insane at this point. Not in the lick the toilet seat kind of way, but in a horribly, horribly delusional way, to the point where her worldview clearly does not line up with the actual reality around her in many instances.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 06:52 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

One thing that is kind of funny to me, considering the wider context of the MCU, is the fact that people have struggled and spent billions over the decades, in universe, on various super soldier-type programs, yet [SPOILER - highlight to read]: you can apparently buy all the ingredients you need to create your own all-natural super-steroid at the local herbal healer lol. You just need the right recipe/knowledge.

But then, as The Defenders showed us, the cure for death is lying underneath New York. It's just that almost no one knows about it. The Netflix guys really don't care about introducing some what could be considered gamebreaker elements in their shows.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Jun 23rd, 2018 at 07:47 PM

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 07:43 PM
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
One thing that is kind of funny to me, considering the wider context of the MCU, is the fact that people have struggled and spent billions over the decades, in universe, on various super soldier-type programs, yet [SPOILER - highlight to read]: you can apparently buy all the ingredients you need to create your own all-natural super-steroid at the local herbal healer lol. You just need the right recipe/knowledge.

But then, as The Defenders showed us, the cure for death is lying underneath New York. It's just that almost no one knows about it. The Netflix guys really don't care about introducing some what could be considered gamebreaker elements in their shows.
Not exactly.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: nightshade is deadly to most people and a death sentence. Something about bushmaster makes him immune to the poison but anyone else would probably have died before they got the benefit of it. Remember hes the only kid that survived the flu shots in jamaica and it permanently unlocked a level of super strength. Its why he could hurt cage even when not dosed on it

Made by Jugg666

Last edited by HueyFreeman on Jun 23rd, 2018 at 08:30 PM

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 08:27 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well, I still some ways to go, so obviously don't have the full picture. So, not going to peek at the spoiler tag there in case it's something I haven't seen yet. But I assume there will be some explanation or other in the show.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 08:31 PM
Darth Thor

So whats the consensus? Is it at least an improvement on S1?

I still have to finish Jessica Jones S2 before I start on this?

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 09:28 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

It’s much better than season 1

Bushmaster is a great villain

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 09:53 PM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

I agree. Much better than season 1. Overall I'd put this in 4th place behind Punisher and the first two seasons of Daredevil as far as the Marvel Netflix shows go. Bushmaster was a good villain and it served the season well to only have one main 'villain' and learn from the mistake of Diamondback in season 1. A good watch. Will probably run it back again over the 4th of July.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 10:54 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

IMO, it definitely sits more strongly than s1 did around the same point where I am now. And s2 has a few really solid surprise performances from certain more minor characters/cast members that make them shine more than you would think. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Like the whole thing between Shades and Comanche was surprisingly sincere and sad. Also, I dig the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Foggy cameos. He has surprisingly good onscreen chemistry with Luke.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2018 04:10 AM