KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Luke Cage (Netflix)

Luke Cage (Netflix)
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I think we're getting DD s3 before IF s2, as it just finished shooting in June.

I'd much prefer Misty crossing over to more Claire though. And it makes sense, considering that the Heroes for Hire stuff wasn't the only bit of teaming up we got. Could get some more Misty/Colleen stuff, which could be good, as they seem to have good onscreen chemistry together.

I didn't know that about DD. I won't complain about more Daredevil.

I really liked Claire, even with those dumb claws. I'll be sorry if she doesn't come back, even after that scene.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 1st, 2018 09:57 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Still don't get the Clare hate but at the same time she's not really needed for the Netflix heroes at this point.

I thought if was funny how Bushmaster[SPOILER - highlight to read]: effectively gets away without suffering any legal punishment. Heck the authorities don't even try to look for him. Granted his backstory is pretty sad though I'm hard pressed to call him a karma houdini

Old Post Jul 1st, 2018 11:42 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by -Pr-
I didn't know that about DD. I won't complain about more Daredevil.

I really liked Claire, even with those dumb claws. I'll be sorry if she doesn't come back, even after that scene.

My thing with Claire is that she feels redundant to me at this point. I mean her attitude in S2 can easily fixed for future appearances with a bit of dialogue, but that's not the real issue. There are plenty of other characters who can fulfill the same role she does while also filling others.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 03:22 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by -Pr-
Just finished the season. I liked it for the most part.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Shades and Mariah were excellent. Occasionally sympathetic without ever being treated as heroes or made likeable. Bushmaster was great. Really interesting villain. Luke I liked for the most part, but I didn't feel like the whole "he has anger inside him" thing went anywhere really. In fact I thought Misty had a better character journey in that respect, even a few dick moves on her part showing that in a way, she's not as noble as Cage is. I still don't like the way Claire treated him, as lifelike as it might have been. In general the writing was solid though, and there were some really nice exchanges that didn't slow the show down too much.

Though, why has Iron First regressed fighting-wise? He looked so awkward in that warehouse fight even if there were a few nice moments of them showing some teamwork. I went back to check, and if you watch Defenders, particularly the scene where Danny is in the office fighting the Hand before Cage arrives in episode 3, he looks far more impressive imo. I like Finn Jones as the character, but maybe it's time to have him put on the mask, and when asked why it only covers half his face, he can just say it's an ode to Matt. Then have a stuntman that's been doing martial arts since he was five do the kung fu bits.

It was encouraging to see that Jones is already training for Iron Fist season 2 though, so hopefully either way we'll get some good stuff.

Colleen was fun, though I would have liked to see more of her.

Tilda was a good character, and while I did think she was going to poison her mom with the kiss, them adding a bit of a delay was clever imo.

In general, one of the better seasons of the Netflix MCU, imo.
Since it was just a guest appearance I doubt he did much choreography for it.

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Still don't get the Clare hate but at the same time she's not really needed for the Netflix heroes at this point.

I thought if was funny how Bushmaster[SPOILER - highlight to read]: effectively gets away without suffering any legal punishment. Heck the authorities don't even try to look for him. Granted his backstory is pretty sad though I'm hard pressed to call him a karma houdini
I mean, they didn't really have time to look for him with Harlem in chaos.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Last edited by Mindset on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 05:13 PM

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 05:09 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka

I guess I don't hate her, I just think she is annoying. She seems to always show up in these super heroes lives when something big is going down. And of course she doesn't just tend to physical wounds, but emotional ones(cringe).

Then this season...Luke was clearly going through something. But she bails cuz he punches a hole in the wall out of anger.

quote:

Welll...[SPOILER - highlight to read]: they had no idea about how he got his powers or that it was killing him. All they knew was he beat the shit out of Luke Cage. They probably weren't too eager to go after him. Also there was this weird reaction from some in the city to that video of Cage getting beat. Like they were almost giddy that a super villain just beat the shit out of someone who is bullet proof and bomb proof. Also I'm guessing by the end Misty knew he wasn't in the country anymore and Misty told the police it wasn't worth it.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2018 01:48 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Surtur
Then this season...Luke was clearly going through something. But she bails cuz he punches a hole in the wall out of anger.

Well, I would suggest he buy some punching bags, but I imagine he'd go through literally a couple dozen a day.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2018 02:57 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

This was a good season. Not as good as DD and Punisher, but miles better than season 1, JJ, or Iron Fist. I'm glad they didn't kill off Bushmaster. Damn good villain, and I hope he makes a season 3 appearance.

PWNT

Old Post Jul 7th, 2018 04:54 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Yeah, they handled the villains much better than last season IMO. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Bushmaster is in enough of a grey area that you can take the character into multiple directions, so keeping him is good. And Mariah, while brilliant this season, finished her story arc IMO, and I thought they handled her exit well too.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2018 05:08 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, I would suggest he buy some punching bags, but I imagine he'd go through literally a couple dozen a day.

He could handle his anger better, but she was professing her love for him and how "down" she is for him and then 5 minutes later leaving the city lol.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2018 05:16 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, they handled the villains much better than last season IMO. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Bushmaster is in enough of a grey area that you can take the character into multiple directions, so keeping him is good. And Mariah, while brilliant this season, finished her story arc IMO, and I thought they handled her exit well too.

I think he was clearly evil, he just had a sad back story. He just was the lesser of two evils and has some level of honor.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2018 05:18 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I think he was clearly evil, he just had a sad back story. He just was the lesser of two evils and has some level of honor.

Well, we will have to see how the writers choose to portray him now that the object of his hate and vengeance is no longer around.

I still have a sense of ominous foreboding for future seasons though. Considering how S1 ended, we might get that idiot, Diamondback, again at some point. Noah Burstein, the guy who gave Luke his powers, still went to visit him in the hospital.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2018 05:28 PM
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

to me bushmaster was great. he might have been evil in the conventional sense since he wanted to and did murder people. though I do not consider it being evil so to speak since really their family has been killing each other for generations. being born into it makes it more sad than evil to me.

like I would not consider it evil if one wanted to kill mccoys if you grew up a hatfield since they are actively trying to kill you and you were raised that way.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 08:23 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

One thing that does bug me with this is I want to know when is it actually supposed to be set in the MCU? Are all these shows still taking place pre-Sokovia?

Because Luke is an unregistered superhero that makes zero effort to hide his actions from the public. Hell, the guy even has his own Hero app lol. I mean you would think that if there was a big-ass bulletproof guy, kicking cars around in the street and such, some government higher ups would take notice.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 08:01 AM
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

One thing that does bug me with this is I want to know when is it actually supposed to be set in the MCU? Are all these shows still taking place pre-Sokovia?

Because Luke is an unregistered superhero that makes zero effort to hide his actions from the public. Hell, the guy even has his own Hero app lol. I mean you would think that if there was a big-ass bulletproof guy, kicking cars around in the street and such, some government higher ups would take notice.

I try to follow Claire. I want to say they are all after the first avengers movie at least. I think they reference the alien destruction from the 1st avengers movie but never anything in civil war.

probably will do the next generation/tier of mcu shows and have heroes for hire or something which will sanction the NYC heroes but they will then have their own mini civil war and then luke and iron fist have a show together

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 12:18 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BazookaMaster

This show become boring like hell.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2018 03:47 PM
BazookaMaster is currently offline Click here to Send BazookaMaster a Private Message Find more posts by BazookaMaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Oct 20th, 2018 11:36 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cage cancelled.

And if they are cancelling these shows just cuz they plan to move it to some sort of netflix-like Disney program...I'll pass on that, I'll just bootleg the episodes.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2018 03:12 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

It seems to me to be a case of Marvel pushing for more control of these properties, and when Netflix doesn't budge, they just pull the plug, because they know their own streaming service is coming. So, I wouldn't be surprised if we see at least some of these return once that launches.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2018 03:57 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Goodnight, sweet prince. Now we'll never know if Luke Cage truly made Harlem great again.

And if they are cancelling these shows just cuz they plan to move it to some sort of netflix-like Disney program...I'll pass on that, I'll just bootleg the episodes.

If they change the darker more mature tone that was already established with Netflix's Marvel, which I'm pretty much expecting with Disney, am considering doing the same honestly.

Guess it depends on what all Disney's streaming service has to offer as to whether it's worth it for me like Netflix as a whole has been over the years.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2018 06:29 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

They better not **** with The Punisher, first season was the best of all the Netflix Marvel shows imo.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2018 09:30 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote