KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Best Castlevania Games

Best Castlevania Games
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Best Castlevania Games

I''m stuck between SoTN, Super Castlevania IV, and Rondo of Blood.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Aug 12th, 2016 10:56 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

SoTN for me, I like the Metroidvania type ones more then the classic Castlevania games where it was just progressing through levels.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2016 10:58 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Lords of Shadow 1, and the first DLC, is simply amazing.

LoS 2 was just not good at all.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Aug 12th, 2016 05:17 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
Lords of Shadow 1, and the first DLC, is simply amazing.

LoS 2 was just not good at all.

I disagree with this. LoS1 is certainly a better epic, and has the more classic feel going for it at certain points, but LoS has a better personal story. I've played both dozens of times, and I like both a lot for very different reasons.

Going with classic games, Castlevania III and IV are perhaps the best. I loved SotN as a kid, but it bores me to absolute tears now and I can't get into any of the Metroidvania clones. Gravitating towards anime style artwork, boring hallway wandering and such is uninteresting.

I think Castlevania 64 and its remix deserve an honorable mention as being good 3D games which made the castle fun to explore.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2016 06:51 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Stealth Moose
I disagree with this. LoS1 is certainly a better epic, and has the more classic feel going for it at certain points, but LoS has a better personal story. I've played both dozens of times, and I like both a lot for very different reasons.

Going with classic games, Castlevania III and IV are perhaps the best. I loved SotN as a kid, but it bores me to absolute tears now and I can't get into any of the Metroidvania clones. Gravitating towards anime style artwork, boring hallway wandering and such is uninteresting.

I think Castlevania 64 and its remix deserve an honorable mention as being good 3D games which made the castle fun to explore.
What about Rondo of Blood or Castlevania I?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2016 10:17 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Tbh, my favorite is Lament of Innocence.

Because... Leon has the best Belmont theme, and the gameplay just felt awesome.

My favorite 3D Castlevania for sure.

Not much in terms of story, but it was still fun to me.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2016 10:18 PM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Super Castlevania 4 then the first 2 or 3 Castlevania games on the Gameboy advance/DS

Old Post Aug 12th, 2016 10:56 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

SoTN is amazing, but the voice work is hilariously bad.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Aug 12th, 2016 11:59 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I hear Koji Igarashi is making a new metroidvania style game and had to go through Kickstarter to get it made

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, Is the name of it.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2016 01:56 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

What do you guys think of Lament of Innocence?

Old Post Aug 13th, 2016 03:36 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Personally i never got around to trying out the ones for the PS2.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2016 04:10 AM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Kazenji
Personally i never got around to trying out the ones for the PS2.
They have it on the Playstation Store.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2016 04:15 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Not for the PAL region

Old Post Aug 13th, 2016 05:26 AM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Castlevania 64.

Yeah, suck it.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Aug 14th, 2016 12:42 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Not for the PAL region
... sad

Old Post Aug 14th, 2016 12:47 AM
Jmanghan

Not for the PAL region
I'll get you a PAL PS2 and a PAL Copy of Lament of Innocence.

It has the charm of the classic games, with it also being 3D.

It FEELS like a Castlevania game.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2016 12:48 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yeah PSN Store kinda blows at times, Certain games for each region.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2016 12:52 AM
cdtm

I like SotN. Great atmosphere, music (Even the altered ending theme for the Live version), monsters, level design.

Of course, the gameplay itself is far too easy. But this is true of all Metroidvania's. If only someone could make a proper challenge like the bike level in Battletoads into a Metroidvania game. wink

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2016 03:18 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

They're not easy when your starting out on low level's.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2016 05:27 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Symphony of the Night is my favorite, even though I've never actually beaten it. I have played it on a PSX emulator a lot. Also Aria of Sorrow for the GBA is something I've also played on an emulator, I like that game as well. I do prefer the Metroid style games.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2016 06:01 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote