KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Apocalypse/Kurse vs. Doomsday/Superman

Apocalypse/Kurse vs. Doomsday/Superman
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
h1a8

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
Exactly, it does say a lot that people are relying on a headline rather than feats that we actually see Superman perform.
Doesn't matter as Superman performed the feat by writers intentions. It was a Christopher Reeve tribute.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 04:34 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Nibedicus
That wasn't a "conspiracy theory". That was a legit question. How exactly did the reporter witness said tectonic moving?

/shrug

And Occum's Razor is a logical guide (to help point the person to discover a possible right answer), it is not a logical constant as even its phrasing states that it can be wrong.

It was obviously an easter egg. I think we can all agree on this. A witty homage to previous movie incarnations of Superman. In your own wirds, the writer obviously did not put it there to spark some random debate in some obscure battleboard. So who is in the wrong here? The one using it as some sort of indisputable evidence or those that believe the little easter egg might well not be all that good as evidence?

You HAVE to agree, that at its best, it is as flimsy and weak an evidence as evidence can get. And if you ever tried to use a headline in a court of law and fail to have corroborating evidence to prove its authenticity, then opposing council would likely tear you a new one.

Best to use actual "feats" we can see on screen and let those do the talking.

He moved it by pure strength as thst was the writers intentions.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 04:37 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Superman punched Zod to the top of a skyscraper. That dwarfs any feat by Kurse. Apoc gets one shotted by Superman.

Superman solos.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 04:40 AM
Silent Master

Originally posted by h1a8
He moved it by pure strength as thst was the writers intentions.

Prove it.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 09:10 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

Doomsday solos and unlike Apoc he doesn't need a new body and temple to evolve.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 10:25 AM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

lol... Kryptonians stomp easy

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 10:49 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Prove it.
It was a headline for a newspaper. Thus it happened.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 02:07 PM
Silent Master

It was a headline for a newspaper. Thus it happened.

You claimed that it was done through pure strength and that was the writers intention.

Prove it.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 03:00 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

You claimed that it was done through pure strength and that was the writers intention.

Prove it.

1. Christopher Reeve Superman done it that way and it was a reference to that scene.
2. If writer intended for Superman to not use pure strength and some equipment then the writer would have stated so.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 05:09 PM
Silent Master

1. Christopher Reeve Superman done it that way and it was a reference to that scene.
2. If writer intended for Superman to not use pure strength and some equipment then the writer would have stated so.

That is speculation, I asked for proof.

So, prove it.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 06:04 PM
tkitna

This tectonic plate feat holds about as much clout as the Sentry beating Galactus.

By Stoic

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 06:27 PM
tkitna is online now! Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

That is speculation, I asked for proof.

So, prove it.
It is proof. The simplest explanation is what happened. Also, extra details doesn't exist if the writer didn't provide evidence towards it. We can't make stuff up. Actually there's nothing to discuss since you believe that Superman did it with pure strength. The discussion should be for those who don't actually believe.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 08:39 PM
h1a8

Originally posted by tkitna
This tectonic plate feat holds about as much clout as the Sentry beating Galactus.
Sentry stalemated Galactus. This was reinforced in several feats.

1. Collectors feat
2. Terrax feat.
3. MM feat
4. Thor busting Galactus twice (Sentry>>>>>Thor).

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 08:45 PM
Silent Master

It is proof. The simplest explanation is what happened. Also, extra details doesn't exist if the writer didn't provide evidence towards it. We can't make stuff up. Actually there's nothing to discuss since you believe that Superman did it with pure strength. The discussion should be for those who don't actually believe.

In other words you can't provide any proof, so you're just going to continue to insist that your speculation is actually proof.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 09:25 PM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

>Newspapers are fallable/inaccurate in RL but somehow comic movie newspapers are 100% accurate.

>Acknowledges that writer put it there as an easter egg tribute shoutout to classic Reeves Superman, yet insists writer intentions clearly gave the "feat" to current Superman.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 01:56 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Nothing Superman has done in all the movies has convinced me he's strong enough to move tectonic plates.

That said, I still think Superman and Doomsday win this. I mean, what's Apoc gonna do to them? Wrap them in sand?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 02:07 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Originally posted by Nibedicus
>Newspapers are fallable/inaccurate in RL but somehow comic movie newspapers are 100% accurate.

>Acknowledges that writer put it there as an easter egg tribute shoutout to classic Reeves Superman, yet insists writer intentions clearly gave the "feat" to current Superman.

What kind of idiotic conflation is this?

-Prove the director's intent was to somehow create this invisible newspaper writer that could somehow falsify information on the scale of a phucking earthquake being averted.

-Jesus Christ you are dumb. The two points are TIED you idiot, not mutually exclusive. The director had an article about Superman performing the feat as a call out to Christopher Reeves doing the same thing. In addition, that entire wall is newspaper clippings of the collection of heroic things that Superman had done for the last 18 months.

Are the rest of the newspaper clippings false too? Why is it that you would focus on that particular one?

If it is a false heading that the invisible column writer somehow disastrously got the details wrong for, then prove it.

Prove that this was Zack Snyder's intent. You can't, and won't.

Seeing as his intent was to show Superman as an unflinchingly heroic figure even while being distrusted by a large amount of people across the world. For that reason alone its just as valid to go the complete opposite direction of your assertion that the article was wrong or a lie and say that the writer may have been a Superman hater who even toned down the magnitude of the feat even more simply because he didn't want to give him full credit--afterall who knows, Superman may have had to deal with more than one tectonic plate that day. Just as likely as your inane conspiracy theory, and even uses IN-PLOT elements to justify its possibility, whereas yours has nothing to do with plot, you just assume it could be wrong because news articles can be wrong sometimes. laughing out loud

Anyway, the extreme assumptions more or less cancel each other out anyway, and thus it leaves us back to the center: Which is that the article title says exactly what happened. smile Not negotiable.

The fact that it exists at all is evidence alone that it happened. Occam's Razor lends it even more strength, since you don't automatically assume a newspaper clipping is factually incorrect. You do the opposite (but perhaps keep an open mind to new information coming in).

This is even stronger in fiction seeing as there was no actual column writer at all in existence. Only the director, Zack Snyder, who was trying to show Superman's heroic efforts for the past nearly 2 years, both in on-screen montage and further detailed by a collection of newspaper clippings.

You don't get to assume one phucking headline about something as cut and dried and as impossible to fake as a phucking earthquake was wrong.

The fact that you would even bring up this sh-itty conspiracy theory about "The column writer might have wrote a false story! People get the news wrong sometimes!" is another way of saying you don't want the feat to exist.

Too bad. The newspaper article exists and its truth is self-evident until proven otherwise, the same way that narration's words/narrator's boxes work. smile

Last edited by CosmicComet on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 02:39 AM

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 02:37 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

So since in Guardians of the Galaxy, Korath said "Thanos is the most powerful being in the universe" (without the infinity gems) then he automatically wins every VS. fight right?

Last edited by Inhuman on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 02:52 AM

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 02:49 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Didn't watch Guardians yet so I will assume what you said is accurate.

But no, we assume the statement is true that Thanos is the most powerful of any one being in the universe. smile

We assume exactly what was said.

What we don't do is make 100% assertions about any tangentially related possibilities or events.

Though we can theorize that Thanos probably has a good shot of beating any one person out there in his universe for a majority since he is billed as the most powerful. What he is not however, is ALL-Powerful, which is why he is going after the gems. smile If you are not all-powerful, then you can lose.

I'm surprised I had to actually explain this.

That was a rather amateurish red herring by the way.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 03:06 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Ok, well to simplify it for you, here in the movie versus Forum. We go by feats. Not by what is said, not by what is written, not by what is narrated, not what we imagine in our heads that characters are should capable of.
On screen feats tump everything. If we don't see the character performing a certain feat in the movie, it has to be disregarded.
This doesn't work like comics where the writer can say something on a panel and it could be used as a feat or description on what the character is capable of
Didn't think this needed explaining tbh.

Last edited by Inhuman on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 03:43 AM

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 03:36 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote